Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 3m3 minutes ago
SKY SOURCES: Tottenham midfielder Alex Pritchard travelling to Norwich for medical #SSNHQ

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Would it only be Illegal if Spurs complained?

I am not sure they would be too bothered.

They might be if Norwich are simply posturing after the McCormack bid failure and Brighton turn their attention elsewhere.

Hypothetically, if Norwich got a sniff of a deal for a quality striker they might spend their money elsewhere and immediately drop their interest in Pritchard.

However, Norwich is the sort of club that will sign Spurs' cast-offs and be loaned Spurs youth players so I'm sure Levy would like to preserve a working relationship with that club, whereas the Albion are something of an irrelevance in that regard as we'd struggle to muster a bid / wages package for any of the Spurs squad players.

I only see this problem getting worse the more money that pours into the Prem and the wider the gap with the rest of the Championship.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Can someone fill me in on today's happenings? The posts above me seem to think he's off to Norwich. Have talks with us failed? Have Norwich gazumped us? Is the Norwich thing being blown out of proportion? Have we got someone else lined up?

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
This is frustrating. You can bet he'll score against us during the season.
It means that the world knows we have ~£8m to spend as well, which makes future transfer negotiations much harder.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I bet after all this, we end up with the little welsh guy from dirty Sanchez.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can someone fill me in on today's happenings? The posts above me seem to think he's off to Norwich. Have talks with us failed? Have Norwich gazumped us? Is the Norwich thing being blown out of proportion? Have we got someone else lined up?

Norwich gazumped us by offering more wages.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Norwich City !!!! Ha ha..

The lad obviously has a lack of ambition. Shit club, shit fans.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Oh well, as Mickey used to say, Keep The Faith

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If we ever do get promoted it will be nice to mug off clubs like Norwich keep doing to us - Crofts, Bennett, Grabban and now Pritchard FFS. Everything else about the Albion is at the top end of the scale for any player contemplating coming here apart from the finances, its impossible to compete with the clubs that effectively just get given millions of pounds for free, for failure.

Oh well, we move on and this team isn't just about one player who most of us had never heard about before yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here