Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you want Wales to win against Belgium?

Supporting Wales...

• Good luck, love the team spirit

Votes: 106 51.2%
  • Hope you get spanked

Votes: 101 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Was tongue in cheek obviously. but I hope they do well. They deserve it. England didn't
Bale is inspiring his team in a way Ronaldo doesn't for Portugal

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Wales Please.

But then I am half Welsh.

Me too.

Men of Harlech, march to glory
Victory is hovering o'er ye

Little known fact. Wales have now won as many games in the knock out stages of the Euros as England (well,since it adopted the tournament format).
Little known fact 2: Still, that doesn't say very much as France, Spain and Germany have all won more final matches at the Euros than England have won knock out stage matches.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
On the form of the last game, the more Hazard we get to see in this tournament the better. He was MAJESTIC.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
La Marseillaise

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé!

And now English:*

Let’s go children of the fatherland,
The day of glory has arrived!
Put it this way - France fans sing 'allez les Bleus ', and Marseille fans sing 'allez l'OM...' and so on.

That's the cry.

So if I was a Walloon, I suppose I'd shout 'allez belgique'.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
Yep it is funny.

I find it odd though because I didn't enjoy us beating Wales, it was just about points, and I have alaways got behind our home teams in competitions.

As a kid in 1978 when Scotland went to the World Cup, I can only remember the whole of England getting behind them.

I had as much joy watching the Archie Gemmill goal against Holland, as I have done any England goal.

https://youtu.be/d1axsnMRbbo
I can say with some certainty that it would be a very sad day if ever I got behind the jocks, no chance

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Allons-y (literally 'we go there') is the rough translation of 'let's go'.

I suggest you meant 'allez belgique'. :)

Allez Le Belgique (I think)

Or Allez le Belges would also be ok

Not that I care, I want Wales to win.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and have to listen to more Baleisms? No thanks, come on Belgium

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would not usually care one way another but their ridiculous comments both before the game with us and laughable celebrations when we went out make me want Belgium to absolutely smash them

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I like watching teams that actually seem like they really care, and Wales are that for me. They feel almost like a club team, very tight knit. And seen as underdogs coming into the tournament, even with Bale. Hard to dislike an underdog really, so I would like to see them progress. Same with Iceland.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Croftsy had been playing, I would want Wales to win. What is getting up my nose is people stating their great great grandfather was born in Wales, so now they're supporters.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
After seeing their wild celebrations as Iceland knocked us out they can do one, I hope Dembele breaks Ramsey's leg and Lukaku scores a hat-trick.

Apart from the leg-break bit, absolutely. I was very happy for them until I saw that. You expect it from the support - it's part of the currency of fandom. But the players? And to come out and suggest that such delerium was the result of being pleased that they were the last home nation in - don't make me laugh.

Come on, Belgium, I sez.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I got food poisoning last time I went to Wales. Never happened to me when I went to Belgium and the beers better.

I hope Belgium do what New Zealand do to their rugby team - hammer them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here