Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Has anybody made plans to leave the country get as some said they would

Nobody I know has although my son has a Scandinavian wife and as of yesterday is hoping to set up a dual passport arrangement to give himself free movement across the EU. I did read two or three days ago that the Irish embassy is now receiving so many applications for citizenship from the UK that it has had to bring in extra staff. Understandable really.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only nonsense being spouted here is yours. "if the EU say no deal, the whole EU will collapse". That right there is the stupidest thing you've ever said. I'm not going to even begin to explain why that is a crock of sh*t.
You're going to have to explain it to me. Right now we have a free trade agreement with the EU - we buy and sell goods and services with no extra tariffs. After leaving, we need a deal on whether it will still be free trade, or whether there'll be taxes etc. No deal at all means no trade with the EU. If the EU stop selling their goods to the UK, the EU will collapse. Please explain why that's nonsense.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Apologies if already mentioned but a French Government spokesman has said that France's bilateral immigration policy with the UK will remain unchanged (the Sky news tickertape). So that one was a Remain scare story then....

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Regardless whether or not we remain the UK, Europe export a lot of goods to us. If that stops, the UK and Europe will plunge into the biggest recession we've ever seen, and the EU will completely collapse. Is that what the EU want? No, of course it isn't..

Sorry about the delay, just got back from Arundel :down:.

That's way too simplistic Triggaaar, It's not that all trade will stop, that's just daft, there simply won't be a trade embargo.

If the ludicrous did happen then we would feel the pain far more than the EU.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It does make a bit of sense. I know this is democracy in full action, and as a remainer, I am not got going to go against the vote, nor do I advocate a second vote.

HOWEVER, I do find it odd that the country is going to plough ahead with such a monumental action when 48% of the voting nation have said they do not want it. And yes, I would be saying the same had the vote been the other way.

If it was 49.9 to 50.1 it still counts. Whoever won.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It was the highest turn out since 1992.

It was the Labour party that buggered it up. The Tory vote went 50/50 as expected. Traditional Labour voters either didn't agree with the leader or did not know where he stood. It was the North, North East and Birmingham what lost it. Labour areas.

I thought remains campaign was absolute carp, where we're the"Tis is what the EU has done for us" on all the projects funded by grants, where was the farmers who have had subsidies from Europe, telling the voters they would have gone under if it wasn't for that.
All we got was what might happen if we leave, not how much good th EU have done in the UK as a whole.
For this alone, Cameron has to go, a very negative campaign.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I thought remains campaign was absolute carp, where we're the"Tis is what the EU has done for us" on all the projects funded by grants, where was the farmers who have had subsidies from Europe, telling the voters they would have gone under if it wasn't for that.
All we got was what might happen if we leave, not how much good th EU have done in the UK as a whole.

It's a great point. Nobody said why the EU is good. Only that it would be bad if we leave.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
It's like saying we will carry on playing a football match when the whistle has blown because the losing team don't like the result. It won't happen, democracy has prevailed.

Agreed.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I love how a tool created for the sole purpose of democracy is now being used to attempt to undermine the most democratic vote we've had in 20 years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're going to have to explain it to me. Right now we have a free trade agreement with the EU - we buy and sell goods and services with no extra tariffs. After leaving, we need a deal on whether it will still be free trade, or whether there'll be taxes etc. No deal at all means no trade with the EU. If the EU stop selling their goods to the UK, the EU will collapse. Please explain why that's nonsense.
Because at the end of the day, we need the EU more than the EU needs us. Plus of course, they KNOW we have to leave because the people have said so. No ifs or buts. We can't say "well actually we won't leave because you're being mean to us with regard to trade negotiations." They will just say "tough, that's how it is. Now toddle off and whinge to your own people about it and see how far you get"

Our former partners hold all the aces.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
What the f*ck are you on about you spastic?

I beg your pardon?

If it was law, as this petition is suggesting, that 75% register voters had to vote for the result to be valid, all it would take is 26% of registered voters not to vote to make the result null and void. 48% of registered voters voted to remain yesterday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's way too simplistic Triggaaar, It's not that all trade will stop, that's just daft, there simply won't be a trade embargo.

If the ludicrous did happen then we would feel the pain far more than the EU.
Yes I agree we would, but the ludicrous would be so much pain for both that neither would force it. We currently have a trade agreement. There's no reason to accept less than we have.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I beg your pardon?

If it was law, as this petition is suggesting, that 75% register voters had to vote for the result to be valid, all it would take is 26% of registered voters not to vote to make the result null and void. 48% of registered voters voted to remain yesterday.

48% wasn't enough though was it

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I think the Humber bridge was part funded by the EU, why wasn't there an advert saying if the EU grant hadn't put the money in for this bridge,it wouldn't have reached the other side. A bit of humour, take the mickey out of Farage a bit, God knows there's enough ammunition there, but no, all we got was threats, half truths and pessimistic prophecy.
I feel it ain't going to be easy, but to keep bashing people over the head with that was never work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here