Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old drinks

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Double Diamond and Watneys Red Barrel both available at my local pub, don't know how but it is.
On route to the Goldstone from T Wells we used to stop off at The Five Bells in Chailey to fill up on Whitbread Pompey Royal, I remember at the time thinking it was alright, is it stil around.

Whitbread 'big head' Trophy Bitter.
Can you still get Hurlimann lager in Shepherd Neame pubs, we called it hooligans it made Stella taste like water.
I have not seen Rolling Rock in the supermarket for years.
Gold Label Barley Wine.
Cresta, it's frothy man.

Didn't realise you could still get Red Barrel and Double Diamond. Gold Label was a drink I had on more than one occasion. Lethal 10% +

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Is Gold Label (Barley Wine i think ) still going ? When I started drinking ,there was an old chap in our pub who only drank bottles of Gold Label & he shook so violently that he had to drink it through a straw. Tried it once & it was like syrup.

Brown & bitter was the main lads' drink.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
8f71b2c839fac4aa955a17b3a21d58fe.575x431x1.jpg

A civilised way for a 16 year old to get pissed.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Didn't realise you could still get Red Barrel and Double Diamond. Gold Label was a drink I had on more than one occasion. Lethal 10% +

Our local is full of retro signs and ads for old school drinks and fags (Craven A wont make your throat hurt) so I thought that the lit up pumps on the bar for DD and Red Barrel was another retro themed piece, but no, and it's the original , tried it but not really my taste.

Can you still buy Mackeson?.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Our local is full of retro signs and ads for old school drinks and fags (Craven A wont make your throat hurt) so I thought that the lit up pumps on the bar for DD and Red Barrel was another retro themed piece, but no, and it's the original , tried it but not really my taste.

Can you still buy Mackeson?.

Seen cans in supermarkets but not noticed it in a pub.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Smirnoff_Mule_Background.jpg

I used to love this stuff.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
KB larger
Pernod black
Hofmeister
Xxxx

theboybilly

Light and Bitter, Lager and Lime, Mild, Cinzano.

I still regularly drink light & bitter in my local Legion but it has to be Courage Best in there and not that awful John Smiths muck. Young's Ramrod and Special would be my preferred mix though. Hard to get now without having to explain what it is and that the bitter always goes in first

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anything fizzy with Corona on the label delivered by a lorry also with Corona on the side.

With a white screw top cap with 10p written in bold black type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here