Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
was absolute gash for reading recently too.

Indeed. His inept performances generated an almost unnatural level of hatred from reading fans.

His time has long since gone and he's expensive.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Indeed. His inept performances generated an almost unnatural level of hatred from reading fans.

His time has long since gone and he's expensive.

He was playing at Reading, wouldn't you feel more than a little deflated as well?

It's a miracle he could bring himself to step on the pitch without weeping.
I think the fact most of the lyrics in that song are not actually ironic is quite... ironic...
No! No giving extra credit to that song!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
It is for this reason that Derby would be a bad move for the player, in the same way that Pritchard moving to Norwich was a bad move.

There's too many players looking for the pay cheque rather than game time.

Agreed, I would love to see Vydra here but not for that cost. He will choose the money as did Pritchard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed, I would love to see Vydra here but not for that cost. He will choose the money as did Pritchard.

The Argus quoted Vydra's agent as saying the player chose Reading over the Albion partly because they both believed the Albion had enough strikers in Hemed, Zamora and Baldock and that the player wanted game time.

Maybe he got the game time at Reading and now it's a case of "show me the money"?

The bottom line is we need that pacy striker and it's almost impossible to do it on the cheap.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The Argus quoted Vydra's agent as saying the player chose Reading over the Albion partly because they both believed the Albion had enough strikers in Hemed, Zamora and Baldock and that the player wanted game time.

Maybe he got the game time at Reading and now it's a case of "show me the money"?

The bottom line is we need that pacy striker and it's almost impossible to do it on the cheap.

Well if he wants game time his signature for the Albion is guaranteed against that of Derby Shirley?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't think it's a case of 'can't compete' - think it's more likely that we 'won't' compete for various reasons.

Is it because we're vying for a spanish poker of playoff defeats?

In seriousness, I understand the reasons. It doesn't make it easy accepting them though when other clubs are able to manage squads effectively with large wage discrepancies and/or break the rules with little to no recoil.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

In seriousness, I understand the reasons. It doesn't make it easy accepting them though when other clubs are able to manage squads effectively with large wage discrepancies and/or break the rules with little to no recoil.

Not so sure many manage squads effectively...Derby the last couple of years..Forest...Now look at Sheff Wed..Didnt go down too well with their star player!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

If he wants game time I'm pretty certain he'd get it with us and you're right, quality strikers are not cheap. The key is whether last season was just an abberation (understandable, it was Reading after all) and whether he'd fit in with the group or just be a billy-big-bollocks. Jiri might be quite important in terms of helping him to settle in. I think we should go for it. We were allegedly prepared to spend big to get Pritchard in, Vydra would be an even better investment in my humble opinion.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

Oh I agree, and find it very frustrating too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here