Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An hour until I (and others) find out their fate...

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Oh crap. Are you renting, but have to leave?

I have a council house but it was still owned by a private landlord. Got a call last month telling us the landlord is taking the house back. Although I'm incredibly fortunate to have a council house and they do have a care of duty to re house me, I'm not allowed to turn down whatever they eventually offer.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was made redundant a few years back. It's a horrible, horrible feeling - but you can and will come through it.

Good luck.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
The really 'hilarious' part to all of this is that I've been nominated for an award via the Argus for my contribution to the youth at the place I work. I do some one on ones with some of the kids with behavioural difficulties here and give up my lunch breaks to run and coach the school football team. I'm in a bad place mentally that's for sure.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Good luck to you and the millions of others whose lives are being made worse by austerity.
(sorry least political thing I could manage to write)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope it goes well for you, but if it is the worse news, then I hope some good comes out of it. Sometimes a door has to shut, for another to open.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Wishing you all the best here.

NSC is a great support network for everything that life has to throw at us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hope it works well for you. I was made redundant (for the fourth time) about two years ago. I was pretty shaken but it's going OK so far - hope you manage to sort something out (if the worst comes to the worst).

Good luck with the house too. Same thing happened to the mum of one of my son's friends - they actually stayed put for quite a few months and were rehoused not too far away. That may work out all right - even if it is a crap thing to be happening right now

Is this part of the Brighton council cuts or another authority?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have a council house but it was still owned by a private landlord. Got a call last month telling us the landlord is taking the house back. Although I'm incredibly fortunate to have a council house and they do have a care of duty to re house me, I'm not allowed to turn down whatever they eventually offer.

snap only ours is a landlady
we are moving on Friday stressful is not the word and you maybe losing your job
best of luck from us and Bozzer is right you are one of the good guys
think a few month ahead and things might be better
I always say it
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.....................................ONLY THIS TIME NOT IN THE FOOTBALL SENSE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here