Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An hour until I (and others) find out their fate...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Look on the brightside , the costcutting UK government have decided to continue helping India with its space program and are sending them £32 million quid to develop a anti gravity Korma , good luck finding a new job and digs , i dont think i will be too far behind you in the queue .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The really 'hilarious' part to all of this is that I've been nominated for an award via the Argus for my contribution to the youth at the place I work. I do some one on ones with some of the kids with behavioural difficulties here and give up my lunch breaks to run and coach the school football team. I'm in a bad place mentally that's for sure.

good luck mate.....good things don't always happen to good people.....hope you can hold on to your job man....!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hey guys. Well, it's official, I'm gonna be jobless at the end of August. The caretaker role will no longer exist, but a head cleaner role will be put in place. That will be on a different pay scale and only 22.5 hours as opposed to the 37 I'm currently doing.
2016, the year I lost my job AND house. Wow.
That's a horrible situation mate. I wish you well in whatever you end up doing in the future. I think the school is working on a false economy as a caretaker is absolutely vital. They will rue their decision.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
please excuse me here but i'm afraid the cynic in me has awoken......your role will no doubt be re scheduled as a "cleaner" as you say , but will the cleaner be able to mend broken cupboards , doors etc. will the cleaner be able to get the boiler going in september when it's been off for 3 months , will the cleaner fix a leaking tap , basin , toilet .....no they won't ......these tasks will be subbed out to an outside provider and the end cost will probably be greater than having you as a full time employee.....i realise this is of no help to you mate but i am really keen to find the reasoning behind these decisions .....will the "cleaner " spend their own time nurturing problem kids and organising sporting events ......like **** they will ......i am angry for you mate , i only hope that something positive comes out of your retrenchment....ffs.... lost faith in the powers that be i'm afraid.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I got made redundant a few years ago. The company I worked for created a "new role" which they said I should apply for. It was basically identical to my existing role, with a tweaked job description and working hours I could not commit to. So they essentially forced me to leave.

But in that period, I searched like mad and found a job at a fantastic company, closer to home, with better people and a higher salary.

I wouldn't even have bothered looking if I hadn't been made redundant. August is a long way away. So just think of it as a period of time that you're free to search for a new job without anything in your way. Good luck :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
please excuse me here but i'm afraid the cynic in me has awoken......your role will no doubt be re scheduled as a "cleaner" as you say , but will the cleaner be able to mend broken cupboards , doors etc. will the cleaner be able to get the boiler going in september when it's been off for 3 months , will the cleaner fix a leaking tap , basin , toilet .....no they won't ......these tasks will be subbed out to an outside provider and the end cost will probably be greater than having you as a full time employee.....i realise this is of no help to you mate but i am really keen to find the reasoning behind these decisions .....will the "cleaner " spend their own time nurturing problem kids and organising sporting events ......like **** they will ......i am angry for you mate , i only hope that something positive comes out of your retrenchment....ffs.... lost faith in the powers that be i'm afraid.

A wise man once said
They know the cost of everything and the value of nothing

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
The main problem for my school having to do this is Brighton and Hove council have allowed a lot of the central Hove schools to expand, allowing them to take in more children which has clearly been incredibly detrimental to the decline of pupil numbers here. I've worked tirelessly for 13 years to help my place of work be a place where you'd want to send your children. Our last OFSTED report was incredibly encouraging, we even won Headteacher of the year award recently, and now this.
It's all just too much for me to take right now. I can't eat or sleep, my head is banging and I feel so lousy. I know I will come out the other side because I have to. I'm a father for goodness sake. But right now, everything hurts and I just cannot pick myself up. Yet.

Big thank you yet again to all who have been helping/commenting etc. It's people like yourselves who give me just about enough energy to keep fighting.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The main problem for my school having to do this is Brighton and Hove council have allowed a lot of the central Hove schools to expand, allowing them to take in more children which has clearly been incredibly detrimental to the decline of pupil numbers here. I've worked tirelessly for 13 years to help my place of work be a place where you'd want to send your children. Our last OFSTED report was incredibly encouraging, we even won Headteacher of the year award recently, and now this.
It's all just too much for me to take right now. I can't eat or sleep, my head is banging and I feel so lousy. I know I will come out the other side because I have to. I'm a father for goodness sake. But right now, everything hurts and I just cannot pick myself up. Yet.

Big thank you yet again to all who have been helping/commenting etc. It's people like yourselves who give me just about enough energy to keep fighting.

Keep going mate, it will get better.

Post what and where you are after (when you're ready to) and I am pretty sure that, within reason, the good fold of NSC will come up with several options.

Unless it is first man on the moon or something, we probably don't have that level of contacts on here

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Hurts to read this but hang in there...............take a deep breath, look at your options (after 13 years redundancy is quite possibly the better one) and get specific independent advice if you need it (ACAS, CAB). There will be something out there for you, and it'll be better. Good luck

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very sorry to hear what you've been through mate. Too often are the good guys the one to suffer.

Best of luck for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here