Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would only put LR in midfield to do a specific man marking job on Bannon and I am sure that he is such an accomplished adaptable player he could do the job. Stop Bannon and you stop the supply to Hooper and Forestiere. The only player we have who could do a similar job is Crofts.

I thought Crofts was injured but the Argus article today said he's available.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 18h18 hours ago
For those asking, Albion were hoping to hear appeal outcome today. Looks like tomorrow now. Obviously relevant to preps for Friday. #bhafc

so, sometime today hopefully.

Now would be good

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Will they ? What explains then all the times they've overturned suspensions in the Premier League this season. ?
Suspensions are overturned on a fairly regularly basis even when the ref is, yes, a certain Mr. Mike Dean
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-gabriel-red-card-against-6494435
There's a time and a place for your weirdly chirpy, never-say-never club/authority apologism, contradicting anyone and everyone for the sake of doing so. This isn't it.

This game was worth >£150m and the country's premium referee, drafted in especially to cope with scrutiny and pressure of that magnitude, catastrophically bottled it. If they overturn the red then he and they are admitting liability in the wealthiest one-off game in world sporting history.

It's a simple equation - the more that's on the line, the more the blinkers will go up and they'll back their own man - since when have the authorities policed themselves honestly on the big stage?? We've not got a hope in hell.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
FA Web site back up now ....

FA.jpg

But still no news ....

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Okay, maybe I'm grasping at straws here but could the delay or time taken be driven by whether the FA are taking legal advice on impacts of their decision? Maybe we might get told that we have to sign a disclaimer not to appeal further/ or financially dependent on the outcome?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 18h18 hours ago
For those asking, Albion were hoping to hear appeal outcome today. Looks like tomorrow now. Obviously relevant to preps for Friday. #bhafc
I'm amazed the club were hoping to have heard yesterday.

Where should we be looking to find the announcement? I guess it'll be on twitter.

This game was worth >£150m and the country's premium referee, drafted in especially to cope with scrutiny and pressure of that magnitude, catastrophically bottled it. If they overturn the red then he and they are admitting liability in the wealthiest one-off game in world sporting history.

It's a simple equation - the more that's on the line, the more the blinkers will go up and they'll back their own man - since when have the authorities policed themselves honestly on the big stage?? We've not got a hope in hell.
You're making me depressed.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Okay, maybe I'm grasping at straws here but could the delay or time taken be driven by whether the FA are taking legal advice on impacts of their decision? Maybe we might get told that we have to sign a disclaimer not to appeal further/ or financially dependent on the outcome?

Or they are going at their own normal leasurely pace not realising that I can't concentrate on my work!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Given that there is a game on friday that will be influenced by the outcome of the appeal it is shocking that it has not been dealt with already. The incident occured saturday it should have been first order of business yesterday as we have a very important game to prepare for on friday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Okay, maybe I'm grasping at straws here but could the delay or time taken be driven by whether the FA are taking legal advice on impacts of their decision?
No. I'm getting fed up with this 'club might sue' BS. Someone please show me an example where a team has sued the FA / FIFA etc because of a simple officiating error, and won? Sport doesn't work like that, or every ****ing week there'd be a legal case getting results changed.

Maybe we might get told that we have to sign a disclaimer not to appeal further/ or financially dependent on the outcome?
If that was the case, we could have been told a couple of days ago, and signed it straight away. Or, if the club has any sense, signed it to say they wouldn't appeal further etc if the ban was lifted.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Given that there is a game on friday that will be influenced by the outcome of the appeal it is shocking that it has not been dealt with already. The incident occured saturday it should have been first order of business yesterday as we have a very important game to prepare for on friday.

FA agenda for the week:

1. Golf
2. Expensed lunch at the Ivy
3. Hospitality and handshakes at the 'LAST EVER match at the Boleyn ground'
4. Golf
5. Expensed lunch at the Fat Duck
6. Filling out of expenses forms.
7. AOB

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I just left a message at the FA slating the joke of a referee that is Mike Dean. I may well leave another ten messages today. Won't achieve much but will make me feel slightly better

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Leave one from me too

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No. I'm getting fed up with this 'club might sue' BS. Someone please show me an example where a team has sued the FA / FIFA etc because of a simple officiating error, and won? Sport doesn't work like that, or every ****ing week there'd be a legal case getting results changed.

If that was the case, we could have been told a couple of days ago, and signed it straight away. Or, if the club has any sense, signed it to say they wouldn't appeal further etc if the ban was lifted.

I think the FA are looking at the option of replaying the game to avoid a multi million pound lawsuit, hence the delay. :wink:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There's a time and a place for your weirdly chirpy, never-say-never club/authority apologism, contradicting anyone and everyone for the sake of doing so. This isn't it.

Utter, utter bollox

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

So do you recall Sheff utd and their post tevez complaint?

I said I was grasping at straws and I was being slightly tongue in cheek but never underestimate the options available that have been used by other clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here