Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radicalisation in Brighton

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This bit pissed me off: "The council does not employ a single full-time official to deal specifically with the needs of Brighton’s Muslim community."

Why the feck should they?
I don't imagine the council need an official to specifically deal with the needs of The Jewish/Catholic/Hindu/Buddhist/Jedi lot so why do Muslims need one?

I spent a good half hour reading that article and what I got from is that a troubled family with a bully Dad produced a couple of shitty kids who were bullied and then became bullies. Had no direction as they dossed about in school and caused too much trouble to get anywhere in life.

Spent a lot of time watching Islamic (maybe extremist?) videos online, were likely influenced by (extremist) family members and fecked off to Syria to try and find some purpose in life. Unfortunately the 'good' brother followed suit, that's the only tragedy in the story. He could have done alright.

It looked as though the council and police worked very hard to try and sort them out but the bully Dad, weak Mum and scared kids didn't allow any work to be done.

Quite.

This might make some people on here fall over in shock but what I took out of that article was firstly that it is dripping in bias - the racist attacks and NF chapter are presented as fact but the Dad's abuse isn't even though the family was rehoused. Probably got libel laws to thank for that one. Secondly they weren't radicalised by Brighton - they were radicalised by shitty parenting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What shocks me is the pansies on here being shocked that something like this is going on in Brighton. Shock horror, hold the back page people are radicalised in a British city. I seem to remember a few months ago someone on here asked whether the Amex could be a target and it was dismissed out of hand by many - wonder if that's the same ones who are shocked at this going on on their doorstep. Some need to get their head out of the sand - terrorism isn't something just going on in other countries.

It's less about Brighton, and more about the family.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What shocks me is the pansies on here being shocked that something like this is going on in Brighton. Shock horror, hold the back page people are radicalised in a British city. I seem to remember a few months ago someone on here asked whether the Amex could be a target and it was dismissed out of hand by many - wonder if that's the same ones who are shocked at this going on on their doorstep. Some need to get their head out of the sand - terrorism isn't something just going on in other countries.

Didn't shock me when a Muslim living 3 mins from my house blew himself up in Syria a few years back.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I remember that, as you say dismissed out of hand.

Meanwhile reports emerged on Saturday that Mohamed Abrini – named by some as the “man in white” captured on CCTV at Brussels airport alongside Belgian brothers Ibrahim and Khalid el-Bakraoui – allegedly travelled to Birmingham last July, where he took photographs of an unidentified football stadium. The fugitive, believed to be the only outstanding suspect from the Paris terror cell, was said by French intelligence sources to have travelled to the UK in July 2015 and then “flew back to France from Birmingham”.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...fice-to-reveal-terrorists-visit-to-birmingham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember that, as you say dismissed out of hand.

Meanwhile reports emerged on Saturday that Mohamed Abrini – named by some as the “man in white” captured on CCTV at Brussels airport alongside Belgian brothers Ibrahim and Khalid el-Bakraoui – allegedly travelled to Birmingham last July, where he took photographs of an unidentified football stadium. The fugitive, believed to be the only outstanding suspect from the Paris terror cell, was said by French intelligence sources to have travelled to the UK in July 2015 and then “flew back to France from Birmingham”.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...fice-to-reveal-terrorists-visit-to-birmingham

After the Stade de France attack, I don't think many dismissed the extra security out of hand.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
They certainly did in a sort of "it'll never happen here as IS wouldn't have heard of Brighton and it won't get major headlines" way. All it needs is a lone wolf or a couple of local nutters not a co-ordinated attack authorised by IS headquarters.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
made me laugh too. what a couple of ****wits you are. yes, i'd be happy confronting a couple of idiot trainee jihadis in a brighton park, but i guess you two don't have the pleasure of doing that with young kids do you? if you do, you're even more stupid than i thought.

Last edited:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
made me laugh too. what a couple of ****wits you are. yes, i'd be happy confronting a couple of idiot trainee jihadis in a brighton park, but i guess you too don't have the pleasure of doing that with young kids do you? if you do, you're even more stupid than i thought.

oh and that's for you spanish and mizen

Last edited:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Think there were a few Amex target threads. This is one of them:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ay-security&highlight=Increased+security+Amex

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think the poster ment it was more of an area you wouldn't want to go. If they were there, you wouldn't want to go down there with your kids to play in the park and get agro. Rather than a no go area you are talking about like watts in LA for example. But you knew that. Idiot!

It was a clear indication of his own threshold of threat, which with this admission is clearly woefully low if Saltdean is his benchmark, however it was a little bit tong in cheek and knowing that ROSM has previous when it comes to getting his knickers in a twist, I just couldnt resist.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Lengthy but revealing article about radicalisation etc. on our doorstep. Well worth a read as it pulls together many local events and issues that have previously been reported locally and/or come up separately on NSC but have little real profile.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...d-how-four-young-britons-drawn-to-jihad-syria

What a load of shit. Quite frankly some of the most pathetic drivel I've ever heard!
It's always someone else's, the nasty racist Police or the Governments fault isn't it why these so called british citizens turn into traitorous scumbag cowards!
But now the hand wringing pathetic liberals of the Guardian have really stretched what they expect their 'right on' readers to believe........Now even the residents of Saltdean are now to blame for turning these poor innocent boys into terrorists and horrible scumbags!!!
Well written.......you're having a laugh!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It was a clear indication of his own threshold of threat, which with this admission is clearly woefully low if Saltdean is his benchmark, however it was a little bit tong in cheek and knowing that ROSM has previous when it comes to getting his knickers in a twist, I just couldnt resist.

Captain Sensible understands, whilst you continue to blither on like a demented woodentop

Has previous? My arse

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They certainly did in a sort of "it'll never happen here as IS wouldn't have heard of Brighton and it won't get major headlines" way. All it needs is a lone wolf or a couple of local nutters not a co-ordinated attack authorised by IS headquarters.

well lets just hope that does not happen, maybe thats what cameron is thinking, while hundreds are getting in illegally while he witters on about keeping the borders of Europe safe ................................while also cutting the the people keeping our borders safe by 6%

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Captain Sensible understands, whilst you continue to blither on like a demented woodentop

Has previous? My arse

Knickers in a twist; my arse ??

Condescending Buffoon, moany old git, split personality, troll, comment on my literacy, swivel eyed, typing with one hand, blither on like a demented woodentop, no doubt all very accurate but as I only commented on your post which was 'I still live on Saltdean and you weren't wrong. The park was a no go area when those boys were down there.' I just had this vision of this white middle class bloke standing in front of his double garage and saying it a black gangster version, with hand gestures the lot .....

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I used to live in Preston Park and see the twins on the buses sometimes.The day we got tonked by liverpool they were holding the bus I was on up and I was going to be late seeing the start of the game in the king and queen I told both of them if they didnt get on or off the bus I would throw them off myself.football being my religion and all they got off the bus luckily saw the start of the game.i now live in saltdean and have never experienced any problems here what so ever.i think also what the paper was saying about the school is that its catchment area includes Whitehawk obviously this area is not known for being the best I have also heard from many parents who want to avoid sending there kids there.to the point of some hoping a new school will be built at the top of the race course.but hey ho.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What a load of shit. Quite frankly some of the most pathetic drivel I've ever heard!
It's always someone else's, the nasty racist Police or the Governments fault isn't it why these so called british citizens turn into traitorous scumbag cowards!
But now the hand wringing pathetic liberals of the Guardian have really stretched what they expect their 'right on' readers to believe........Now even the residents of Saltdean are now to blame for turning these poor innocent boys into terrorists and horrible scumbags!!!
Well written.......you're having a laugh!

Certainly there are some unpleasant aspects of the article. Being the Guardian, the white working class are treated with the expected disdain and the use of the inevitable adjective "racist". However, there is an interesting story that can be read between the lines and most of the family come across as bad news despite the journalist's relationship with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here