Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radicalisation in Brighton

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Knickers in a twist; my arse ??

Condescending Buffoon, moany old git, split personality, troll, comment on my literacy, swivel eyed, typing with one hand, blither on like a demented woodentop, no doubt all very accurate but as I only commented on your post which was 'I still live on Saltdean and you weren't wrong. The park was a no go area when those boys were down there.' I just had this vision of this white middle class bloke standing in front of his double garage and saying it a black gangster version, with hand gestures the lot .....

Ah so you can read what is written.

So put it this way. A group of young men, acting in an offensive and intimidating manner making sexual and crude comments to women and mothers more specifically. The police are aware amd choose not to act, the family pleads racism at any attempt to deal with the issue

So families choose not to go there when these youths were there (every night)

So chew on that and get on with your trolling

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ah so you can read what is written.

So put it this way. A group of young men, acting in an offensive and intimidating manner making sexual and crude comments to women and mothers more specifically. The police are aware amd choose not to act, the family pleads racism at any attempt to deal with the issue

So families choose not to go there when these youths were there (every night)

So chew on that and get on with your trolling

Quits ......

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Really

Birmingham Pub Bomb
Manchester shopping Centre
Brighton Metropole and attack on the British Government
Hyde Park
Baltic Exchange
Nat West Tower
Various :London Mainline Stations
Mortar attacks on Downing Street

I could go on and on

But you what death and destruction from the IRA on a very regular basis in the UK to the present issues which are mainly away from the UK.

and look how better Manchester is for it !

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Thanks, a chilling and depessing read. It highlights the fault lines in the vain perception Brighton has of itself as as a "liberal" city and the fact that the city authorities are completely disorganised and ineffectual when it comes to handling racial discrimination, radicalisation and religious bigotry. That said, I suspect Brighton is by no means unique and that the scenario described in this article could apply to pretty much any town or city in the UK.

Sadly, I suspect you are correct. Another scary thing about this, is that I think a lot of voters in the referendum on EU will cast their vote on the belief that leaving the EU will stop immigration.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Sadly, I suspect you are correct. Another scary thing about this, is that I think a lot of voters in the referendum on EU will cast their vote on the belief that leaving the EU will stop immigration.

You think that's scary.

Staying in will mean we are part of an EU that will soon waive visa conditions for 75m Muslims to travel to Europe and is similarly willing to push the borders of "Europe" to Syria, Iraq and Iran.

This policy to be delivered by the EU, without a democratic mandate from the electorate either.

People like you are truly terrifying.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You think that's scary.

Staying in will mean we are part of an EU that will soon waive visa conditions for 75m Muslims to travel to Europe and is similarly willing to push the borders of "Europe" to Syria, Iraq and Iran.

This policy to be delivered by the EU, without a democratic mandate from the electorate either.

People like you are truly terrifying.

So where did you get that Fairy Story from then Fergus?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This thread is hilarious.

Some kids have shit parenting, turn out to be dicks who thrive on petty crime and bullying, then they latch onto a cause, which ends with them getting killed, everyone blames everyone else and the majority of posts are about mocking perceptions of threat in a park.

The police knew these kids and were all over them, but because of their ages there were limitations on what could be done. On top of that, members of the public were advised to give them a wide berth and to be wary, because although the kids and their associates were capable of being complete ****s, proving it within the legal system can be difficult.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So where did you get that Fairy Story from then Fergus?

Where........from the horses mouth to be sure my love.

Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship, Dimitris Avramopoulos took note of a number of important steps forward and encouraged further acceleration of the reform process: "I commend the efforts made by Turkey., While being on the frontline of the Syrian refugee crisis, the Turkish authorities have showed a renewed determination and commitment to the visa liberalisation dialogue since the EU-Turkey Summit. I trust Turkey will implement as a matter of urgency the priority measures identified in today's report and that we can continue the efforts towards fulfilling the visa liberalisation conditions together. The Commission will continue to assist Turkey in the implementation of the Roadmap".

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-582_en.htm

A policy that has been endorsed by the EU electorate right?

Like the policy to accept Turkey into the EU right?

A policy that will make us all safer right?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why don't we ensure that some good comes out of this and set up a vigilante group with Afters, Alf and BigGully, ready to fly straight into problem areas where little shits like this exist and where the locals aren't hard enough to do it themselves, a sort of Magnificent Three ???

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
What a load of shit. Quite frankly some of the most pathetic drivel I've ever heard!
It's always someone else's, the nasty racist Police or the Governments fault isn't it why these so called british citizens turn into traitorous scumbag cowards!
But now the hand wringing pathetic liberals of the Guardian have really stretched what they expect their 'right on' readers to believe........Now even the residents of Saltdean are now to blame for turning these poor innocent boys into terrorists and horrible scumbags!!!
Well written.......you're having a laugh!

Steady on old chap!

Wether you agree with the thrust of the article or not it at least it seeks to provide some evidential base to explain why these and other young people may grow alienated and seek the validation of their identity in a faraway civil war etc. In contrast & with respect, simply stating something is drivel etc. while providing no alternative relevant (preferably evidence based) information or explanation is rather easy. Not saying you can't or shouldn't do it but it adds little that is meaningful. If you have more substance points to make I would genuinely like to read them.

I'd add that I don't take everything stated in the article at face value & me posting it does is not a personal endorsement. I think it is worth reading as it makes some interesting / challenging points about a complex and significant issue while raising the profile of local events that many may be unaware of. I'll keep an open mind, consider new evidence / information / views as they come to light & await the outcome of the pending Serious Case Review.

Lastly, on a much more minor point, the fact that you disagree with the content does not necessarily mean it is poorly written. It read quite well to me.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Load of utter bollocks NF cells and anti muslim graffiti :facepalm:

Well know little shits that may have alienated themselves by their behavior:annoyed: rather than the poor lambs being picked on for no good reason and then having to turn to extremists groups.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Why don't we ensure that some good comes out of this and set up a vigilante group with Afters, Alf and BigGully, ready to fly straight into problem areas where little shits like this exist and where the locals aren't hard enough to do it themselves, a sort of Magnificent Three ???

To be fair I think afters was merely pointing out the futility of the points made by the other two

So more.like the dynamic duo then?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This has been a very interesting and informative thread. The reality of peoples real world experience being measured against the Guardian's willingness to swallow dark tales of right wing conspiracies which help drive people towards radicalisation. Mind you if they had highlighted a case of youngsters being radicalised via the local Mosque or for reasons that clearly identified belief in their religion as the main factor I would have assumed it was April 1st.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
This has been a very interesting and informative thread. The reality of peoples real world experience being measured against the Guardian's willingness to swallow dark tales of right wing conspiracies which help drive people towards radicalisation. Mind you if they had highlighted a case of youngsters being radicalised via the local Mosque or for reasons that clearly identified belief in their religion as the main factor I would have assumed it was April 1st.

Yes fair comment I think.

Although the article initially acknowledges this (see below) and later makes references to the father's alleged extreme beliefs etc. it does not follow up on these points adequately for me and therefore attributes alienation more exclusively to the other factors. It will be interesting to see what, if any, comment the Serious Case Review makes on the point you raise...

The question of what motivates young British men and women to leave their homes and join jihadist groups fighting in Syria has been the subject of heated public debate. The prevailing orthodoxy cites Islamist ideology as the principal driver – and it is obviously a necessary element, if not always the predominant motivation. What has been less understood is the process by which young people grow alienated with their own country, and seek the validation of their identity in a faraway civil war...Their journey from the south coast to Syria cannot be reduced to a single factor, but it involves racist abuse, allegations of police neglect, and the collective failure of numerous authorities – both those charged with protecting vulnerable young people, and those charged with preventing radicalisation.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
To be fair I think afters was merely pointing out the futility of the points made by the other two

So more.like the dynamic duo then?
What exactly was ''futile'' about highlighting the fact you were either massively overreacting or a bit of a woos for allowing yourself to be frightened off from a particular place by some teenagers ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
What exactly was ''futile'' about highlighting the fact you were either massively overreacting or a bit of a woos for allowing yourself to be frightened off from a particular place by some teenagers ?

You still unable to read? I was explaining how people especially young mums with children wouldn't go there.

But of course you knew that... Anyway next time I will ask them to call you as you clearly see yourself and the intrepid law enforcer

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Don't want to derail this particular thread but there was another recent piece of Guardian reporting that pulled few punches about the cause of radicalisation that may be of interest:

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-numan-haider-shocks-family-and-experts-alike

If this young fella in Australia could be radicalised & alienated that quickly and really was from a caring family background with no apparent problems etc. then how much more vulnerable are those with significant issues?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here