Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's in our hands

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes it's in our hands, but so what, it's not like winning the next 6 is likely. It'll still be in our hands if we're in the playoffs, and a lot easier than winning 6/6.

But so what?
It means being the most inform team in the league in the last 8 games, with 6 games to go, with goals coming from all over the pitch, with a relaxed manager who's been there before, not relying on other teams results, means it's f_ucking terrific, that's what.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But so what?
It means being the most inform team in the league in the last 8 games
It doesn't mean that. We're not the most inform team for the last 7 or 9 games and cherry picking 8 as the number of games doesn't make us the most inform team.
with 6 games to go, with goals coming from all over the pitch, with a relaxed manager who's been there before, not relying on other teams results, means it's f_ucking terrific, that's what.
But we know we're not going to win those 6, so unfortunately we're going to be desperately cheering on Leeds, Preston and Huddersfield on Saturday, because we will have to rely on other results.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It doesn't mean that. We're not the most inform team for the last 7 or 9 games and cherry picking 8 as the number of games doesn't make us the most inform team.
But we know we're not going to win those 6, so unfortunately we're going to be desperately cheering on Leeds, Preston and Huddersfield on Saturday, because we will have to rely on other results.

maxresdefault.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's not half empty, it's completely empty!

At the start of each season, it's in everyone's own hands to win the title, but no one says that, because it's stupid. There's never been a point this season where we winning all remaining games wouldn't give us promotion (including the playoffs). Any one of the top 6 teams will be promoted if they win all their remaining games, so it's in their hands. That doesn't suddenly make it any easier.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jesus Tiggaar, let people enjoy the run in you miserable git!
I'm not stopping you, I'm just cautious. Expectation is the root of all heartache.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Not sure it's fair to say that the OP has cherry picked 8 games for the current form analysis, unless you are going to take current form as being over the whole season you have to pick a point somewhere, and a run of games long enough to make the data meaningful.

The selection of 8 games quite clearly covers the period since the aberration that was the Cardiff defeat. Taking it back further though, for the whole of 2016 to date then the analysis shows that we are the second most inform team, behind Burnley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure it's fair to say that the OP has cherry picked 8 games for the current form analysis
If you just look at recent results, you wouldn't pick us out as THE most in-form team (although we are one of the teams in good form and doing well). We're not the most inform team over 2,3,4,5,6,7,9, or 10 games. We are over 8, so saying we're the most in-form team because of those 8 games is cherry picking.

We're playing well, getting points, and still challenging for a top two spot, which is fantastic. We're up against it though, so I'm being cautious. All I'm really disagreeing with is the idea that it being in our hands suddenly makes it likely. We're extremely unlikely to win our remaining 6 games, so Saturday is another big day for us (even thought we're not playing).

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If you just look at recent results, you wouldn't pick us out as THE most in-form team (although we are one of the teams in good form and doing well). We're not the most inform team over 2,3,4,5,6,7,9, or 10 games. We are over 8, so saying we're the most in-form team because of those 8 games is cherry picking.

We're playing well, getting points, and still challenging for a top two spot, which is fantastic. We're up against it though, so I'm being cautious. All I'm really disagreeing with is the idea that it being in our hands suddenly makes it likely. We're extremely unlikely to win our remaining 6 games, so Saturday is another big day for us (even thought we're not playing).

To be fair to myself, I only looked at a form table on one site this morning on my mobile. My definition of cherry picking is different to yours. I'd go on to say you're cherry picking other form tables as you've ignored mine, creating the bias I never had.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Genuinely think the wheels may have come off of Burnley. Was gonna happen sooner or later. The way they played on Saturday was not a team who were strong it was a team who were desperate IMO

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair to myself, I only looked at a form table on one site this morning on my mobile. My definition of cherry picking is different to yours.
If you just saw us at the top of a form table, fair enough, I thought you must have just picked the games since our last loss.

Anyway, the point is that we know we're in decent form, but we're not the only ones. Of course we'd swap places with Burnley or 'boro, in terms of points, remaining fixtures and form.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Genuinely think the wheels may have come off of Burnley. Was gonna happen sooner or later. The way they played on Saturday was not a team who were strong it was a team who were desperate IMO
It looked like the wheels had completely come off at 'boro - 3 losses in 4 agains Blackburn, Charlton and Rotherham, together with their manager not taking charge of a game. That's proper imploding. But thanks to some luck against Hull and QPR, they seem right back on track.

Of course I hope you're right about Burnley, but 6 wins in a row (some luck involved I believe) followed by 3 draws doesn't look too bad. Sure they weren't very good against us, but they were away to one of the top sides in the division, they're not usually going to be tested like that, and they still showed the character to equalise.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
It looked like the wheels had completely come off at 'boro - 3 losses in 4 agains Blackburn, Charlton and Rotherham, together with their manager not taking charge of a game. That's proper imploding. But thanks to some luck against Hull and QPR, they seem right back on track.

Of course I hope you're right about Burnley, but 6 wins in a row (some luck involved I believe) followed by 3 draws doesn't look too bad. Sure they weren't very good against us, but they were away to one of the top sides in the division, they're not usually going to be tested like that, and they still showed the character to equalise.

Apprently at home to Cardiff last night they were dull as dishwater and barely created any chances....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apprently at home to Cardiff last night they were dull as dishwater and barely created any chances....
That's what I like to here :thumbsup:

I pray you're right. Come on Leeds.

Triggaar.
After last night I trust the vin-da loo is booked for Monday.
It would need to be Sunday. But it doesn't work like that, you can't cheat the footballing gods. They see a fan pop away for a minute, and they make a goal happen because they think it's funny for us to miss it. But you can't engineer it.

And it's risky too. There's as much chance of the goal being for the opposition. I could have just about held on to half time, but we were a goal down already and needed to win, so I thought it was a risk worth taking.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wish Mrs Triggaar would give @Triggaar a shag so that he'd chill out a bit.

After reading all that I'm now wondering whether we'll even scrape the play offs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wish Mrs Triggaar would give @Triggaar a shag so that he'd chill out a bit.
If you're a persuasive fella perhaps you can have a word with her?

After reading all that I'm now wondering whether we'll even scrape the play offs.
:lol: So am I the only one that thinks we're up against it?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If you're a persuasive fella perhaps you can have a word with her?

:lol: So am I the only one that thinks we're up against it?

All we have to do is score a goal a game and keep 6 clean sheets. Look at it that way. [emoji3]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here