Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
It's just a shame we couldn't bring him in sooner, especially while Palace aren't scoring - they are all pissed off about selling him so it would be rather ironic seeing them frustrated at him scoring for us...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In answer to the original question, I would conclude the answer is 'Yes'

#DadsArmyAndHoveAlbion

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
This has all the potential to turn very ugly very quickly. All it will take is for Murray to not clap the supporters once and everyone will turn on him like they did at Brentford away.
Personally I would love him to return but it all needs to be handled very carefully pr wise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This has all the potential to turn very ugly very quickly. All it will take is for Murray to not clap the supporters once and everyone will turn on him like they did at Brentford away.
Personally I would love him to return but it all needs to be handled very carefully pr wise.

That was a very small minority. A larger proportion complained about his 'laziness'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

When he failed to acknowledge the TREMENDOUS support of the fans who had been chanting 'Ditch the Bitch, Ditch the Bitch' to him during the Brentford game (who needs Relate when you have terrace insight and knowledge in the middle of a marital crisis?), he may as well have joined ISIS in my eyes.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Has this come out already, was told to keep quiet about it.

Very good signing if it happens. We all know he can score goals in this league. Ok it's not our own sexy South American but that can come next season if Glenn gets us the goals that we need along with the other strikers we have.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's a tough one on when it happens, if it does. It'll have to be a 93-day loan. We've got fixtures on Feb 13, 16, 20, 23, but the play-off semi-final weekends will in all likelihood be (although last year these dates weren't announced until March) 12-16 May, with the final c28 May. I suppose the best time to get him would be in time for the Hull game on the 16th (not so sure he's that crucial for the Bolton game on the 13th), which would allow him to play in that game, and then also both semi-final fixtures if applicable. That'd mean not having him for the final, again if applicable, but it seems like the best option.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Well there you go, sounds like it's been leaked by the club to prevent a meltdown when we don't sign anyone. Hope he doesn't get injured....

Much better to borrow a proven forward in Murray for 3 months than spend 7 million and risk another Elvis. Murray and Wilson with BZ off the bench could be class.

seems very probable. naylor wouldn't nail (!) his colours to the mast like that without it being 'official'. they have burnt him too often in the past.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well there you go, sounds like it's been leaked by the club to prevent a meltdown when we don't sign anyone. .

Given that almost certainly the club still have a number of permanent window targets, there might be other clubs interested in GM, and this type of public speculation might disrupt plans and morale of squad then there's a strong argument to suggest not.

Naylor might have confirmed this story by talking to sources not from the Albion of course...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just heard on "radio Sussex" that the rumour is gathering pace

so must be happening then

and not quite sure how exactly I feel about that................but it will mean goals

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
seems very probable. naylor wouldn't nail (!) his colours to the mast like that without it being 'official'. they have burnt him too often in the past.

Or Maybe Naylor is covering all his bases? I'm sure Murray is an option but only if all other avenues don't come to fruition.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You do realise that the palace Ultras organise their displays under the guise of the 'black flag' don't you? GM will always Mujahedeen Muzza to me.

Exactly. Don't be surprised if when he signs he will insist on wearing the burka when playing and refuses to eat bacon butties after training.

#JihadiGlenn

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Well he wouldn't write a story like that without having some decent sources but that wouldn't necessarily mean the club have orchestrated it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It's a tough one on when it happens, if it does. It'll have to be a 93-day loan. We've got fixtures on Feb 13, 16, 20, 23, but the play-off semi-final weekends will in all likelihood be (although last year these dates weren't announced until March) 12-16 May, with the final c28 May. I suppose the best time to get him would be in time for the Hull game on the 16th (not so sure he's that crucial for the Bolton game on the 13th), which would allow him to play in that game, and then also both semi-final fixtures if applicable. That'd mean not having him for the final, again if applicable, but it seems like the best option.

No it doesn't. We need him for the final (if we get there). Would be nice to have him for both but as we can't the final is the much more important game of the two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here