Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bowie

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Rock Valhalla. One of THE few Gods of music and a pillar of Britishness

My first album was Man who sold the world! Important part of growing up in the 70's Saw him at mk glass spider tour,a little too young to see him at the dome after which he was banned because of damage!

One of mrs revs relations was his music teacher:rock:

Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind
Like a leper messiah
When the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band.

Felt the urge to play "Heroes" very loud whilst typing this. Remember Mark Radcliffe playing this on his show once and remarking "..that track only got to number 24 in charts, hard to believe there were 23 better songs around that week, in fact hard to imagine that there have been 23 better songs ever".

"Legend is an overused cliche" has become a cliche in itself, although in Bowie's case Legend to the power of n seem appropriate.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stunned by the news this morning. RIP Thin White Duke.

A bitter sweet day ahead, listening to the (no-doubt) blanket coverage and genius songs on 6Music.

PG

I've never really been in to music, but his was so very much the soundtrack to my youth.

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence was a great film too, and I've lost count of how many times I've sat through The Labyrinth with my grand children.

RIP David.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As a child Junior Choice with Ed Stewpot Stewart was my Saturday morning essential listening, I still know many of those songs he played word for word and my introduction to Bowie was The Laughing Gnome. And now we have lost both of these in two days.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Felt the urge to play "Heroes" very loud whilst typing this. Remember Mark Radcliffe playing this on his show once and remarking "..that track only got to number 24 in charts, hard to believe there were 23 better songs around that week, in fact hard to imagine that there have been 23 better songs ever".

In answer to your question... http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/19771030/7501/

"Legend is an overused cliche" has become a cliche in itself, although in Bowie's case Legend to the power of n seem appropriate.

Forever and ever.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Grown men will cry today, me amongst them.
And in a week when some kid not talented enough to clean his shoes has the top three chart spots. Need to change that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Incredibly sad. Played a track off the new album yesterday from a post on here and intended (and will) on buying it this week. Was also discussing how he was on the "classic" playlist I play my kids along with the Beatles and Stones on Kay's CD thread.

Clearly no one knew he was ill. I guess he was hanging on to get the album out and must have known something while making it?

RIP genius.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Grown men will cry today, me amongst them.
And in a week when some kid not talented enough to clean his shoes has the top three chart spots. Need to change that.

Luckily, the charts are an irrelevance these days (certainly compared to past decades).

RIP David Bowie. A fine musician and cultural icon who will be sorely missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here