Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Wilson [signs on loan until the end of the season]

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
England Striker from U16 - U21.
Amongst Utd's highest rated strikers.
Has scored goals in the Premier League.
Good enough to be in a top Champions League squad.
Yeah, but aside from all that he must be awful because of...reasons. Obviously.

Personally I'm chuffed with his signing, I don't see how a team that isn't scoring up front (at least not much) can be weakened by trying another option.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yeah, but aside from all that he must be awful because of...reasons. Obviously.

Personally I'm chuffed with his signing, I don't see how a team that isn't scoring up front (at least not much) can be weakened by trying another option.

I didn't say he was awful I just feel that all of the excitement is a tad unwarranted and based on who he plays for rather than what he can do for us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn't say he was awful I just feel that all of the excitement is a tad unwarranted and based on who he plays for rather than what he can do for us.

Because of ManUtd's long history of not producing many decent young players?

Fantastic loan signing given what else is probably available at the moment.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

What does that even mean? :lolol:

He's likely one of the very best options that were available to us (number one target for Hughton) in order to score goals and get us promoted.

Obviously we won't know what he can do until he plays a few games, but I don't think we could have done much better and we're very lucky to have poached him in my opinion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There can be no denying this is one of the loans everybody wanted but it still amazes me that it takes to the last minute to complete it. None the less well done to all at the club just a shame we couldnt sign a left back.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Perhaps the likes of Derby, Boro and Hull will now be taking our bid for promotion a little more seriously. I bet they are spitting feathers at the news of this signing . A big well done to all at the club for bringing this off - it can't have been easy with all the competition that we seemingly faced.

also shows the benefit of world class facilities. the England U21's have used both the Amex and Lancing for training, plus we have excellent relationship with Southgate, and 3 U21 team mates of Wilson....... maybe someone else knows....but I wondered if Wilson has already been to the Amex or Lancing with the U21's?? and therefore he knew what a class setup we've got, which in turn may well of giving us a leg up over the 20 clubs vying for him.

since when did little old Brighton beat 19 other clubs (some from premier) to a Man U hotshot!!.

less than a decade ago we'd be rejoicing if we beat Carlisle or Stockport to some journeyman freebie.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
also shows the benefit of world class facilities. the England U21's have used both the Amex and Lancing for training, plus we have excellent relationship with Southgate, and 3 U21 team mates of Wilson....... maybe someone else knows....but I wondered if Wilson has already been to the Amex or Lancing with the U21's?? and therefore he knew what a class setup we've got, which in turn may well of giving us a leg up over the 20 clubs vying for him.

since when did little old Brighton beat 19 other clubs (some from premier) to a Man U hotshot!!.

less than a decade ago we'd be rejoicing if we beat Carlisle or Stockport to some journeyman freebie.

Lingard would have been able to tell him how he got on with us.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
He's likely one of the very best options that were available to us (number one target for Hughton) in order to score goals and get us promoted.

Obviously we won't know what he can do until he plays a few games, but I don't think we could have done much better and we're very lucky to have poached him in my opinion.

This, all day long.
Hughton's last number one target was Kayal, and he's not been too bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here