Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

Would you take Glenn Murray on loan?

• Yes! Zamora and Murray in the same squad would be AMAZING

Votes: 206 86.2%
  • No - too old/tainted goods or something like that

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I would rather Ulloa then Murray but would be happy with either.

Surely though we are looking for a Baldock replacemnt at Present, we have Hemed and Zamora for the hold up/big man role already.

We are clearly going the Mark McGhee two big guys up front route, providing we don't bring back Mark McCammon we should be ok :ohmy:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/2...to-bring-jermain-defoe-and-lewis-grabban-bac/

Interesting piece here... If true of course...

Eddie Howe did manage to sign Glenn Murray from Crystal Palace on deadline day, but that same day he missed out on Grabban – who was at Dean Court, only for the move to collapse.

And Howe no doubt wishes things could have been different as he has now told his chiefs that he is happy for Murray to move on just months after arriving, if he can get new faces in, and he wants Grabban back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/2...to-bring-jermain-defoe-and-lewis-grabban-bac/

Interesting piece here... If true of course...

Eddie Howe did manage to sign Glenn Murray from Crystal Palace on deadline day, but that same day he missed out on Grabban – who was at Dean Court, only for the move to collapse.

And Howe no doubt wishes things could have been different as he has now told his chiefs that he is happy for Murray to move on just months after arriving, if he can get new faces in, and he wants Grabban back.

Murray on loan even with or without an option to buy in January and they can have Grabban willingly as I know which one would be of most benefit to us right now.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
without blinking

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Murray on loan even with or without an option to buy in January and they can have Grabban willingly as I know which one would be of most benefit to us right now.

We could buy Murray in January but we'd be unable to actually play him, FIFA rules state players can be registered with 3 different clubs in a season but they can only play for 2. Murray has played for both Palace and Bournemouth this season. The FA/FL get around this rule by allowing players to move on an emergency loan basis which means we'd be able to sign him (and play him) for a maximum of 93 days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That would only take us through to Mid February, Can we not do a season loan until May? Perhaps FIFA are right in scrapping the loan window but I would add to just keep it going for a maximum 1 month loan for genuine emergencies but not in a specified window make it available at any time up until the March deadline.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
That would only take us through to Mid February, Can we not do a season loan until May?

No because a season long and half season loans don't come under emergency loan rules. Under the player registration rules it would count as signing with a 3rd club in the season.

This is part of the reason FIFA have pushed the FA/FL into getting rid of emergency loans.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As much as might be a nice romantic return for you,Glenn is a professional footballer.
He has maybe 2/3 years left at the top level, he wants to earn as much as he can, and who can blame him ?
Your top wage is about £15 k a week ? Will you double that ?
I would hope if he was available for a loan move, we would get him back. Loved by all, and he clearly loved being with us.

Ps. Come back to the BBS Andy, we miss you :ffsparr:

Surely not good enough for a team challenging for a European place ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Murray never did anything wrong, just happened Palace spotted the opportunity and went for it. I'd have him back in a flash but it will never happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Would be incredible - Zamora and Murray in the same BHA team!

I may have said the very same thing around two weeks ago.

I'd be tempted to register Peter Ward again, pop him on the bench and bring him on when we're cruising a game 4-0 (The last bit may not happen for some time).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here