Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the Club (BHAFC) lost the plot??

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Would be very surprised if the club didn't archive off their files on a nightly or weekly basis. in which case OP's survey response will be in there somewhere, and should be fairly easily locatable/restorable. Might not even have been archived yet, more likely still directly accessible by the marketing department. Unless survey had to be submitted anonymously as 'feedback' in which case it might not be quite so easy to trace.
I hope you right piranha man and they do find it but I do expect a common sense approach if they have deleted it or lost it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
15 years of running a business how have I lasted so long.

I can only presume you've also not checked your business bank account and you're hundreds of thousands in debt?

D

Deleted member 2719

I feel for you mouldy boots, as I also cancelled my season tickets last season as I missed quite a few games. I recieved an email from the club to acknowledge that I had cancelled but I fallen to complete survey in time and the club continued to try and taken money from by account. The way the club handled the situation was appalling and I contacted Paul Barber, but he was beyond useless. I ended up having to pay £100 cancellation fee, even though the club did acknowledge my email to cancel. It has left a bad taste in my mouth especially being a season ticket holder in four of the stadiums we have played in. I did expect a bit more customer service from the club, but it wasn't there. I hope they deal with your situation better than they did with me.
I was at the game today and will always support the club but my love for the club is not the same

Thanks for your understanding and I am sorry the club has treated a loyal supporter such as yourself in the same way. Whether we make premiership football or end up in league 2 one thing I know is I like you will always support the team but whether they get anymore of my cash is another matter I await to see how someone senior will deal with this matter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
You do have to be a bit dim not to cancel a DD yourself. When I leave a supplier I always cancel the DD before I tell them I leaving. Then they have to send the final bill via snail mail. That way my bank account is protected.
i just cancel the direct debit and let them work it out

D

Deleted member 2719

Can I just remind you you're a middle aged man who still wears a football shirt, has a shed and lives in Chichester. VERY gangster.

But please do keep up the hard man act.

Would you like a LOOK in my shed or maybe a walk down UNDER the Canal *in a Phil Mitchell voice* ?? Eh eh

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
As a business owner, you will be aware that your course of redress is a claim with your bank under the DD guarantee.

http://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx

My company do not issue refunds when a DD is taken in error but refer customers to their bank. And BACS is an automated process where it is very easy for mistakes to happen. As others have said, you should cancel your DD manually as well as with the club in case there is a glitch. Maybe the club should have responded in a better way but claiming that they whole club has lost the plot when you hadn't noticed for 6 months seems a bit OTT.

The OP should certainly do this, by asking the Bank to refund the incorrectly claimed DD payments, and leaving it to the Bank to get the money back from the club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Do an indemnity claim at your bank, using the 'direct debit guarantee' system- they grab money back from BHAFC, then its up to them (the payee) to try recover from you..
...and in the mean time gather every bit of correspondence you've got with the club about cancelling the DD.

D

Deleted member 2719

The OP should certainly do this, by asking the Bank to refund the incorrectly claimed DD payments, and leaving it to the Bank to get the money back from the club.

Thanks for that I missed that as I was being abused so much (very NSC) I could try this route but what if the club say to the bank we have no proof of cancellation they will just come back to me again, I just want the club to view me as a loyal customer with plenty of spend ahead and judge me on that, I am interested to hear from someone to know if they really value me because that is key to my future relationship with the club.

D

Deleted member 2719

Do an indemnity claim at your bank, using the 'direct debit guarantee' system- they grab money back from BHAFC, then its up to them (the payee) to try recover from you..

And I missed that post the problem with posting on my tablet from within my shed in chi.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I know on my emails at work you can recover deleted ones as in my case I never new this existed until someone pointed it out to me.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Doesn't dver check his back account or notice £40 a month missing but deletes his emails on a regular basis... There's a certain irony to that you have to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here