Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy's red card

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Intent doesn't matter in this situation. If you hurt someone, it doesn't matter whether you intended to.

If you are intending to hurt someone, or if you are intended to go into a challenge that risks the safety of your opponent, but don't connect with the opponent then your intent becomes relevant.

Thanks!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Do they provide an explanation for this decision?
In my view, it's harsh. He slipped over. The challenge didn't look pretty, but he wasn't out of control, it's just one of those things that can occasionally happen, and this should have been either taken account of, or the law should be changed to take account of it.
If I was CH, I'd tell Murphy to take a week off in the sun and forget about it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a complete joke the FA are. How is Gabriel's ban for his sending off against Chelsea rescinded (when he clearly kicked out at Costa, whatever the cause of it) and Murphy is banned for three games for slipping over. How do these idiots run the game over here when so much money is at stake?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a complete joke the FA are. How is Gabriel's ban for his sending off against Chelsea rescinded (when he clearly kicked out at Costa, whatever the cause of it) and Murphy is banned for three games for slipping over. How do these idiots run the game over here when so much money is at stake?

We have CH as manager not Arsene Whinger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here