Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official not really bothered about the Rugby World Cup Thread

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yeh, that aspect of the game bores me witless....yes ref, no ref, three bags bloody full ref!
It's all about sticking to the rules and off to the 'Sin Bin' because Nanny says you mustn't be naughty.

So you would rather Rugby Players cheat and backchat the officials like footballers?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will watch as many games as I can.

Don't understand all the negative posts.

Same with me and as an ex player it is a fantastic game.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not interested - may start to be interested if we are in semi- or final. Will be sad if they mess up our pitch and our passing game!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If the rugger fans IN GENERAL weren't so patronising and condescending about football and the supporters then I could embrace it more.

Any gouging and stamping tonight?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So you would rather Rugby Players cheat and backchat the officials like footballers?

Football can learn a lot from rugby. If play was allowed to go on when a player goes down 'injured', there would be hardly any cheating. All the niggly gamesmanship might start disappearing too.

Football is still my favourite sport but certain aspects of it piss me right off-especially the cheating, diving and feigning injuries.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
WTF is that Brum away kit all about?

Capture.JPG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no interest whatsoever in Rugby but if England entered a team in the Snail Derby I would want us to win it it. I wouldnt go across the road to watch it but if wife doesnt change the channels and it is on ITV it will be on our TV.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
If the rugger fans IN GENERAL weren't so patronising and condescending about football and the supporters then I could embrace it more.

Any gouging and stamping tonight?
Is that really true though ? All the guys I play rugby with are football fans too.
I've rarely heard people talk about football in a condescending way ? We rip the piss out of some of the feigning injury and diving around like they've been shot, but patronising........no.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Although England are at home, they aren't even going 4-4-2. It's been announced that they're going 2-3-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1 or something like that. At least it looks like they're playing two wide men?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I quite like rugby, both codes, but have never seen a game live. I will be at The Amex tomorrow with a group of Albion fans and I'm really looking forward to it. It is part of a World Cup being held in Brighton. What's not to like? The Amex being viewed around the world-The Albion have done a great job raising the profile of Brighton and Hove by getting 2 games for The Amex.

On the other hand I have no interest in rugby, and will with many other Albion fans be in Wolverhampton watching the Albion without any thought of the rugby.

I am also currently enjoying Ipswich v Birmingham.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
1. Deliberate Stamping is a foul, mind you if you don't roll away you deserve to get trodden on
2. High Tackles are also a Foul
3. Brawls are also Fouls

Next complaint?

Sorry you don't like the look of the players - are they not PRETTY enough for you? :kiss:

1. Sometimes the player cant get out of the way because they are concussed.
2. Well that's ok even if your badly injured.
3.If its 3 v 3 both teams at fault, no foul, as both teams at fault.

Also the constant penalties, where the spectator will say WTF was that for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here