Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I would like to think we look beyond religion, colour and gender

Yes if your talking about a small number of migrants, but in the current climate to not even consider the religious implications would be rather stupid.

Now what do you think might be an issue with potentially letting in over 9 million unknown Syrians, a country that has an active and prevalent Islamist army ??

Have a sit down and get back to me ...................................

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What gives these people the right to enter Europe and demand that they be given free access to go where they want no questions asked , you couldn't make it up :rant:
regards
DR

What gives you the right, already with such facility in place, to stand as their judge because by accident of birth you were born in this part of the planet ?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
but...........if there is not enough of them how the hell are they going to do it, and whose checking if they get in the police have been cut by 25%
whose fault is that
which government has been cutting the numbers

and listening to cameron tonight, he really could not organize a p1ss up in a brewery
if you keep cutting the numbers of those who are trying to stop the deluge of immigrants coming in illegally ......they will be further encouraged to come and try, and no garden fence is going to stop them
But if we load up the border agency with enough to do the job, you will be right on the 'Nazi,' state overkill theme ..... won't you matey boy?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
but...........if there is not enough of them how the hell are they going to do it, and whose checking if they get in the police have been cut by 25%
whose fault is that
which government has been cutting the numbers

and listening to cameron tonight, he really could not organize a p1ss up in a brewery
if you keep cutting the numbers of those who are trying to stop the deluge of immigrants coming in illegally ......they will be further encouraged to come and try, and no garden fence is going to stop them

you seem to be blinding ignoring the pan-european dimension of the issue. you could have 100k police and another 100k border guards, it wont stop them travelling across europe. we are being asked, possible enforced, to take a "fair share" of these migrants, again, not really anything police and border guards can do about that. fact is, the EU has no answer and doesnt seem to be able to coordinate the most obvious solution of enforcing their own rules and stop undocumented travel, registering and processing migrants where they arrive. (we would of course have to pick up some of the bill for that). Germany seems to be insisting on taking as many as possible, with no regard to how thats going to play out in the coming years, i dont think its going to be entirely acceptted.

D

Deleted member 22389

We have taken our fair share of people long before this became an issue with the EU. Let's not forget we already have 300,00+ undocumented people running around the UK already, on top of the 300,000+ people we let in every year because of open borders with the EU. What an insult to say this country doesn't take it's fair share. I'm glad Cameron is standing firm on this one, because letting more people in will not solve the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Some participants in this thread might like to sign this petition
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/105991

more might sign it if it wasnt such a preposterous assertion made that people are "left living in dire, unsafe and inhumane conditions in Europe". Europe isnt the thrid world, its safe and if they are living in dire, inhumane conditions it is because they have not claimed asylum there. as someone who isnt against immigrants, i dont see why we are letting ourselfs get over-run with emotive influcences on this matter, there are rules and precedents to be followed. if we say take another 100k where would they go? not "we're full" but the practical logistics of it, are we going to have camps for them? in the cold UK winter coming up, i wouldnt fancy that, be far better off to help provide facilities in the Med region for that.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Can soemone explain where they would go if they were allowed in? Not in an argumentitive way, just the facts. Social housing? who would end up paying for that?

D

Deleted member 22389

Can soemone explain where they would go if they were allowed in? Not in an argumentitive way, just the facts. Social housing? who would end up paying for that?

Probably social housing or a hotel, the cost of processing asylum claims, translators, legal fees
Then they need a National Insurance number, then they need to find a job, then they need to make sure that job pays enough so they can live, if not then they need to claim tax credits or other benefits to able to live
Then they need access to doctors, hospitals and schools for the kids.

All of this falls on the tax payer.

It's far cheaper to keep them out of the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But if we load up the border agency with enough to do the job, you will be right on the 'Nazi,' state overkill theme ..... won't you matey boy?

so you are quite happy to let in the illegal immigrants then
I will be quite happy to let in those who can come in legally, but whose there to check this happens.

D

Deleted member 22389

Makes me laugh when we have people from the Labour party telling us all that we need to do more on this issue. Should I really listen to anyone from the Labour party when it comes to immigration. That party is the reason lots of us feel the way we do about the issue now and why we have lost compassion.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Probably social housing or a hotel, the cost of processing asylum claims, translators, legal fees
Then they need a National Insurance number, then they need to find a job, then they need to make sure that job pays enough so they can live, if not then they need to claim tax credits or other benefits to able to live
Then they need access to doctors, hospitals and schools for the kids.

All if this falls on the tax payer.

It's far cheaper to keep them out of the country.

In the short term that is undoubtedly true. What is often forgotten though is that economic growth only derives from two factors, natural resources and manpower. As a country we have few natural resources and the vast majority of our income and potential growth comes from the labour market.

I'm not convinced that Germany's stance on the refugees is purely altruistic - they experienced the cost of accepting a sudden increase in their population with the reunification of East and West Germany in 1990 - a process that cost 2 TRILLION Euros over 20 years but has resulted in one of the strongest economies in Europe.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We helped cause this problem by going to war in the first place, now we have to deal with the consequences, simply shutting up shop and letting the rest of Europe deal with it would be the equivalent of sticking two fingers up to them

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
Makes me laugh when we have people from the Labour party telling us all that we need to do more on this issue. Should I really listen to anyone from the Labour party when it comes to immigration. That party is the reason lots of us feel the way we do about the issue now and why we have lost compassion.

This crisis is now way beyond politics. Listen to who you want, look at the pictures in which ever news outlet you choose, and make your own mind up. Immigration is one thing, this crisis is something else.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
glasfryn;7064054[B said:
]but...........if there is not enough of them how the hell are they going to do it, and whose checking if they get in the police have been cut by 25%
whose fault is that
which government has been cutting the numbers[/B]and listening to cameron tonight, he really could not organize a p1ss up in a brewery

Do you not think that this is just that shade (conveniently) vague?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We have taken our fair share of people long before this became an issue with the EU. Let's not forget we already have 300,00+ undocumented people running around the UK already, on top of the 300,000+ people we let in every year because of open borders with the EU. What an insult to say this country doesn't take it's fair share. I'm glad Cameron is standing firm on this one, because letting more people in will not solve the situation.

It’s also a bit rich some of our Euro neighbours on the front line are rounding on the UK as a nasty thoughtless scapegoat when it comes to helping refugees.
The UK Gov is one of the biggest global contributors to the UN Refugee Agency. Our Gov donations to the Agency in 2014 were more than the combined Gov donations of Germany,France.Italy.Spain.Greece.Turkey.Czech.Hungary.Austria.Bulgaria and Serbia.

Its not as if the UK has been sitting on its arse twiddling its thumbs.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Thanks. I don't think this has ever been mentioned on here or far less tackled. People who advocate mass immigration just assume that someone somewhere will do something, and invariably that it won't be too close to them. To be quite frank, I don't really know what happens - perhaps if they are joining family members. they squeeze in. But with the allowances and presumably free accommodation, to which they are entitled, and which someone went through last week or so, there must presumably be quite a large cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here