Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Perhaps you could send me list of things that you have decided do involve/affect me and i will try to stick to those subjects (actually i won't).

If only there were some way to block my posts to you don't have to read and respond to them?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And another view of what is happening in Germany and the affects on those living HERE.......cherry picked for you.

"As Europe struggles with its worst migration crisis in more than half a century, all eyes are once again on Angela Merkel. The German Chancellor took a huge political gamble this week by tearing up the EU’s rulebook, while also demanding a new deal that would force Britain to accept hundreds of thousands of refugees.
Faced with a human flood, Mrs Merkel has abandoned the Dublin Convention that requires asylum-seekers to be processed in their country of arrival. Berlin’s new policy will allow Syrian refugees to apply for asylum in Germany, rather than in their first port of call.
Deciding to do such a thing without the approval of Brussels will surely encourage other EU countries to pursue their own migration policies, too. But this is the last thing Mrs Merkel wants. She and President Hollande of France have just called for a new, binding European agreement to share the asylum burden.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel arrives prior her visit to a refugee shelter that was attacked by far-right protesters over the weekend in Heidenau, eastern Germany, Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2015
Her proposals, however, were greeted with incredulity by other member states, their inherent flaw being that they would give millions more migrants an added incentive to come to Europe. Mr Cameron, along with other leaders, is resisting Mrs Merkel’s move, despite moral blackmail from EU and UN officials.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...test-the-European-project-to-destruction.html

Thanks, is there a point to go along with this?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Thanks, is there a point to go along with this?

Er, you are a teacher right?. Well the thread title and the fact that 330,000 people arrived on THESE shores in the last year, and the gist of the post re " demanding a new deal that would force Britain to accept hundreds of thousands of refugees." and "Her proposals, however, were greeted with incredulity by other member states, their inherent flaw being that they would give millions more migrants an added incentive to come to Europe. Mr Cameron, along with other leaders, is resisting Mrs Merkel’s move, despite moral blackmail from EU and UN officials"........smack to me that the "point" is fairly obvious to those that it will affect if it comes off.....namely here in England.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not really plucked just came up on my facebook as Hastings Gull and AM were suggesting that people supporting Asylum Seekers wouldn't want to live within 20 miles of them. The video shows a whole bunch of people who are happy to do just that.

Rubbish, you haven't got a clue whether those people were locals or the type of idiot do gooder who protests outside immigration holding centres here , the video proves nothing and is an extremely lame attempt at doing so.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Er, you are a teacher right?. Well the thread title and the fact that 330,000 people arrived on THESE shores in the last year, and the gist of the post re " demanding a new deal that would force Britain to accept hundreds of thousands of refugees." and "Her proposals, however, were greeted with incredulity by other member states, their inherent flaw being that they would give millions more migrants an added incentive to come to Europe. Mr Cameron, along with other leaders, is resisting Mrs Merkel’s move, despite moral blackmail from EU and UN officials"........smack to me that the "point" is fairly obvious to those that it will affect if it comes off.....namely here in England.

You must have accidentally quoted me in the post. I thought for a minute that it was in response to my post. Silly of me really because you wouldn't have quoted me because you don't think I should post in these threads. I see now that you have posted something in the general context of the thread rather than as a response to the point I was making.

You might want to edit the quote to save further confusion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just for the record I live under three miles from an ansylum centre.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Rubbish, you haven't got a clue whether those people were locals or the type of idiot do gooder who protests outside immigration holding centres here , the video proves nothing and is an extremely lame attempt at doing so.

No, clearly you are right and no-one would want to live within 20 miles of an Asylum seeker.

D

Deleted member 22389

And another view of what is happening in Germany and the affects on those living HERE.......cherry picked for you.

"As Europe struggles with its worst migration crisis in more than half a century, all eyes are once again on Angela Merkel. The German Chancellor took a huge political gamble this week by tearing up the EU’s rulebook, while also demanding a new deal that would force Britain to accept hundreds of thousands of refugees.
Faced with a human flood, Mrs Merkel has abandoned the Dublin Convention that requires asylum-seekers to be processed in their country of arrival. Berlin’s new policy will allow Syrian refugees to apply for asylum in Germany, rather than in their first port of call.
Deciding to do such a thing without the approval of Brussels will surely encourage other EU countries to pursue their own migration policies, too. But this is the last thing Mrs Merkel wants. She and President Hollande of France have just called for a new, binding European agreement to share the asylum burden.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel arrives prior her visit to a refugee shelter that was attacked by far-right protesters over the weekend in Heidenau, eastern Germany, Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2015
Her proposals, however, were greeted with incredulity by other member states, their inherent flaw being that they would give millions more migrants an added incentive to come to Europe. Mr Cameron, along with other leaders, is resisting Mrs Merkel’s move, despite moral blackmail from EU and UN officials.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...test-the-European-project-to-destruction.html

Think about this way, should this happen it will be even more reason to get out of the EU. The case for cutting ties gets stronger and stronger.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just for the record I live under three miles from an ansylum centre.

You must be furious!

I live just up the road from a centre that provides support for asylum seekers. It makes me so angry that sometimes i go down and help to teach them English. There is also one on my wife's college course who annoyed her so much that she invited him round for dinner the other night, I was livid.

Don't tell AM but i suspect that he already lives within 20 of one...... perhaps this is why he is so cross?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Think about this way, should this happen it will be even more reason to get out of the EU. The case for cutting ties gets stronger and stronger.

Yes, but i fear it will be too late, plus the campaign to stay will be so strong to stay in and the plums and lily livered will cave in to the scaremongering.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So is the conclusion of our healthy debate as follows;

1. We should support genuine asulym seekers find refuge from persecution and play our part as in the world community
2. We support free movement of labour between countries where their a mutual agreement and long term benefit, eg EU
3. We should resist those who seek only to exploit the welfare state benefit
4. We should get value from money from our significant investment in our infrastrcuture, eg schools, roads, hospitals, but where necessary we need to invest more, eg communities impacted the most by immigrants

Sorted...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So is the conclusion of our healthy debate as follows;

1. We should support genuine asulym seekers find refuge from persecution and play our part as in the world community
2. We support free movement of labour between countries where their a mutual agreement and long term benefit, eg EU
3. We should resist those who seek only to exploit the welfare state benefit
4. We should get value from money from our significant investment in our infrastrcuture, eg schools, roads, hospitals, but where necessary we need to invest more, eg communities impacted the most by immigrants

Sorted...

Just send that to Dave and we will be golden.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Puts paid to the suggestion that people won't want them living within 20 miles of them though doesn't it?

No it does NOT necessarily! How on earth can you be so naïve? This is clearly something orchestrated and publicised and attracts about 100 max, which gives you an idea of the degree of popularity of having another coachload of migrants. And how do you even know that those showing this gesture actually live in that town? How do you know that this public demo did not attract those from afar eager to show their solidarity with the Syrians? You don't, anymore than I do. But it suits the usual pattern, doesn't it and so you want to believe it.

D

Deleted member 22389

You must be furious!

I live just up the road from a centre that provides support for asylum seekers. It makes me so angry that sometimes i go down and help to teach them English. There is also one on my wife's college course who annoyed her so much that she invited him round for dinner the other night, I was livid.

Don't tell AM but i suspect that he already lives within 20 of one...... perhaps this is why he is so cross?

My friend married a Ukrainian, she has been through the proper channels and has indefinite leave to remain, it was a real struggle for to get this far. Last night we all spoke about migration to the UK, whether you think it is hypocritical or not she was off the opinion that the UK is a soft touch and that UK is and has let too many people in. I had the same discussion a few months back with my wife's friend who came over from Cameroon, and is a teacher. Once again she went through the proper channels, it wasn't easy, and once again she has the same opinions. They both said it wouldn't happen in their own countries, firstly because there is nothing to claim and secondly the people of their own countries wouldn't put up with some of the shenanigans that go on in the UK.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No it does NOT necessarily! How on earth can you be so naïve? This is clearly something orchestrated and publicised and attracts about 100 max, which gives you an idea of the degree of popularity of having another coachload of migrants. And how do you even know that those showing this gesture actually live in that town? How do you know that this public demo did not attract those from afar eager to show their solidarity with the Syrians? You don't, anymore than I do. But it suits the usual pattern, doesn't it and so you want to believe it.

I have met so many people like the people in the video that it is easy to believe that they are genuine and bona fide. You may choose to mistrust the video and doubt its validity but you are doing so from exactly the same position as you accuse me of. The fact is I know that people like those in the video exists because I have met them, hundreds of them. This is why I know that yours and AM's idea that no-one wants to live within 20 miles of an Asylum seeker is nonsense, you don't want to but that doesn't mean that others share your opinion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My friend married a Ukrainian, she has been through the proper channels and has indefinite leave to remain, it was a real struggle for to get this far. Last night we all spoke about migration to the UK, whether you think it is hypocritical or not she was off the opinion that the UK is a soft touch and that UK is and has let too many people in. I had the same discussion a few months back with my wife's friend who came over from Cameroon, and is a teacher. Once again she went through the proper channels, it wasn't easy, and once again she has the same opinions. They both said it wouldn't happen in their own countries, firstly because there is nothing to claim and secondly the people of their own countries wouldn't put up with some of the shenanigans that go on in the UK.

People have many different opinions for many different reasons.

Not sure this is relevant to the point about not wanting to live near Asylum Seekers though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here