Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Firstly, thank you for all those who have showed concern ( too many to multi-quote ). Apologies for not being back sooner - it's been a bad night from the perspective that I've been unable to contact my children, my ex-wife or the friend she was with. Sussex Police haven't yet identified many of the dead which makes the situation even worse and so they are able to give little information.

They were camping in the New Forest so reception is poor anyway and due to circumstances earlier in the week ( long story which I may well bore you all with at a later date ) they may have extended their stay ...... which obviously is what I'm hoping.

I will post once I hear something - very hopefully positive.

Notts - thank you for the PM.

Thanks for the update - everyone is hoping that you hear back from them asap so that you don't have to worry any more. Thinking of you and your family...

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Wow.A couple of other members criticising my comment regards the pilot.Seriously?

So this had nothing to do with pilot error?Maybe the pilot will survive and tell us there was a fault with the plane.
Maybe not.Maybe he just didn't start his loop high enough.

If you have no proof of mechanical problems or any other theory of your own
then try showing respect for other peoples opinions.

As another poster said what's he doing looping above a dual carriageway.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wow.A couple of other members criticising my comment regards the pilot.Seriously?

So this had nothing to do with pilot error?Maybe the pilot will survive and tell us there was a fault with the plane.

Give it a rest - speculate once the initial aftermath has been sorted and investigations carried out. In the mean time maybe take your own advice but change the word 'opinions' and replace it with the word 'feelings'.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

It was a tragic accident get a grip!

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Firstly, thank you for all those who have showed concern ( too many to multi-quote ). Apologies for not being back sooner - it's been a bad night from the perspective that I've been unable to contact my children, my ex-wife or the friend she was with. Sussex Police haven't yet identified many of the dead which makes the situation even worse and so they are able to give little information.

They were camping in the New Forest so reception is poor anyway and due to circumstances earlier in the week ( long story which I may well bore you all with at a later date ) they may have extended their stay ...... which obviously is what I'm hoping.

I will post once I hear something - very hopefully positive.

Notts - thank you for the PM.

Good to hear from you, chap. Hope you get good news later.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Time and a place though, I suspect it's less your opinion people have an issue with and more that there are likely in the local community known to posters (and certainly in this thread) who are currently suffering through a deeply unpleasant wait whether loved ones wee involved.

There'll be a time for the speculation and potential scapegoating though maybe not yet hey?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Give it a rest - speculate once the initial aftermath has been sorted and investigations carried out. In the mean time maybe take your own advice but change the word 'opinions' and replace it with the word 'feelings'.

Save your condescending comments for someone else.Opinions/Feelings=same meaning.
Everyone has a right to an opinion and everyone has a right for their opinions to be respected.
It is human nature to have an opinion on the cause of an accident like this and
before an official verdict is given you will have heard a zillion opinions.
Remember that when you come back at me.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Save your condescending comments for someone else.Opinions/Feelings=same meaning.
Everyone has a right to an opinion and everyone has a right for their opinions to be respected.

Westdene Seagull has been unable to contact his ex-wife and two children who were due to be in that vicinity yesterday and has spent last night in contact with Sussex police. I suggest you back off a bit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'll leave it for others to point out what a c**t you appear to be as I'm too tired and worried to prevent myself getting a ban if I do it.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Westdene Seagull has been unable to contact his ex-wife and two children who were due to be in that vicinity yesterday and has spent last night in contact with Sussex police. I suggest you back off a bit.

Obviously I don't do mind reading and obviously I hope his family are safe.I hope as soon as you get good news WS you will let everyone on here know.
All the best.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Hope all turns out well, Westdene. And Boroseagull.

Tough times.

I tried all the help lines & had back & forth conversations with Sussex Police until 0300hrs this morning. The chaplain at Worthing Hospital kindly phoned me back to say there was no record of him being admitted there. The RSC A&E have no record of him there. I still cannot get replies from his landline or mobile. Is there an NSC friend who lives in the Bread Street area of Brighton? If there is could he contact me via PM as he/she could check something for me. Thank you.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I tried all the help lines & had back & forth conversations with Sussex Police until 0300hrs this morning. The chaplain at Worthing Hospital kindly phoned me back to say there was no record of him being admitted there. The RSC A&E have no record of him there. I still cannot get replies from his landline or mobile. Is there an NSC friend who lives in the Bread Street area of Brighton? If there is could he contact me via PM as he/she could check something for me. Thank you.

Hoping you make contact as soon as possible.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
My thoughts are with all those on here searching for relatives and friends and my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Response not required as reported to the Mods.

My thoughts are with you Westdene Seagull.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

There is a time and place for everything, this thread is not the time for this type of comment.

To say this is completely insensitive and beggars belief is an understatement.

Last edited:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My thoughts go out to the families of those who were killed or injured in this tragedy and hope those injured recover soon. I also think about the members of the emergency services who attended the incident, when faced with the situation they act in a way they are trained to do. However I know from experience that after they return to their bases or homes the full horror will hit them.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
There is a time and place for everything, this thread is not the time for this type of comment.

To say this is completely insensitive and beggars belief is an understatement.

Read my post's before you judge.When I replied to WS I did not know he was waiting to hear from his family.

I hope he and everyone else waiting for news get only good news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here