Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They should not annoy me as they are for my own security but passwords are really started to bug me. You need them for everything and now they are getting to the stage that they have to be 12 characters minimum with at least 1 capital, number, symbol blah blah blah

They are then so complicated you are then left with the choice of

1) write it down somewhere which defeats the idea of security
2) try to remember what you answered to the security question ' what's your favourite colour horse'

And don't even get me started on wifi access codes didn't even attempt this one when I was away recently

8a0c1bdf79f9d8ca9bfc2e19ea5900d9.jpg

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
People that a) can't seem to walk in a straight f@cking line and b) refuse to move any faster than your average slug. AND if they're fat as well......

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
annoyances.

Double Negatives. Clumsy and ignorant PC speak like "humankind" and "People of colour".

People in a que who leave a big gap in front of them, just itching for someone to cut in front of them.

People crunching and slurping at the Cinema.

The tennis crowd that appear for Wimbledon and 2 weeks after then disappear for 11 months.

The tennis crowd.

Tennis

Company reps who claim to be offering a bargain which involves parting with more money rather than less, a bargain for who?

Chuggers.

Wanabe hipsters who cant quite grow a beard or manage hair gell(Well they are more funny than anoying)..

Political hacks who have their arguments down by rote rather than thinking.

"Wealthy but stupid" types who undermine the idea of meritocracy.

In fact most things annoy me at some point as its a common state of mind.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
People who walk slowly.

People who just stop in the middle of pavements.

People who block the pavement while queueing at bus stops.

People who stop at the top of escalators.

People who stop at the bottom of escalators.

People who pay for a round with a card.

People who pack all their shopping bags and only then start trying to find their payment method.

People.

People.

Hell is other people.

They should not annoy me as they are for my own security but passwords are really started to bug me. You need them for everything and now they are getting to the stage that they have to be 12 characters minimum with at least 1 capital, number, symbol blah blah blah

2) try to remember what you answered to the security question ' what's your favourite colour horse'

And don't even get me started on wifi access codes didn't even attempt this one when I was away recently

8a0c1bdf79f9d8ca9bfc2e19ea5900d9.jpg

I have just been sent one to open an encrypted work document which is 60+ characters long! Had several attempts to open it and have finally discovered there is an underlying problem with the document and it wont open at all!!

....Back to the thread. Personalised numberplates that convey no meaning other than to say "I have enought money to buy a personalised numerplate that conveys no meaning to anyone but I, but says to you "I am considerably richer thay yow"". Todays example BO88OW - what is that supposed to mean? No problem with BHA derived ones!:thumbsup:

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I was going to get a BHA one for my motorbike but I was worried the bike would mirror the team and be stuck in the slow lane..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

You might appreciate this then.....

password.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Regarding barbecues on the seafront...there are signs up...do not BBQ on the grass...you ****whits burn the grass..that is why you shouldn't!

Also anyone else noticed on really nice days, there is a huge fog of BBQ smoke hanging over the beach.

A few weeks ago, this little old bloke said to us whilst we were walking along.." Look at that fog..it's a disgrace.." I thought he was being a tad dramatic, but it turned out that he lived next to the town hall on the seafront and he couldn't open his windows some evenings due to the smell!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have just been sent one to open an encrypted work document which is 60+ characters long! Had several attempts to open it and have finally discovered there is an underlying problem with the document and it wont open at all!!

....Back to the thread. Personalised numberplates that convey no meaning other than to say "I have enought money to buy a personalised numerplate that conveys no meaning to anyone but I, but says to you "I am considerably richer thay yow"". Todays example BO88OW - what is that supposed to mean? No problem with BHA derived ones!:thumbsup:

I saw today...I FIIGHT. Jeez

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Politicians who say 'but what I would say is...' when they want to change the subject.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bedwetters.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
It always annoys me when people on here refer to us as the "stripes". That shouldn't bother me at all but strangely it does. Far too generic.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Not indicating when driving. Getting stuck behind one of these people is infuriating, especially if they stop in the middle of a main road to turn. The indicator is THREE CENTIMETRES from your hand, use it.

People who take photographs of "poor parking" and complain. They don't seem to have considered that the surrounding cars may have been different when the car in question was first parked. What are you meant to do if ALL cars are offset from the white lines, not park in a reasonably-sized space?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Cyclists that are doing speed of cars (30mph sort of speeds). Nothing against them doing it as such, just as a driver who is maybe going a few mph faster, makes overtaking potentially trickier depending on the road, plus I worry for their safety!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The following phrases:
1. Can I get.....(normally something like a skinny frigging pretentious froth) to go. (& yes it gets repeated A LOT, but still annoys me, SORRY!)
2. I'm on the train.
3. I'm on the bus.
4. (Weller, or any artist) totally smashed it / killed it.
5. Wow, wicked.
6. Wow, cool.

By far the most annoying thing though for me of modern times, is "that" accent. I believe some people call it "Jafaikain" or something like that. You get me?
That'll do for now. Oh, people who start a reply to an argument with "Er". (Yes I realise what I'm asking for there).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here