Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I loathe the shingle driveways down my road. And I'll tell you for why. For one it means I know exactly when these people are coming and going and I don't want to know. Just the simple act of someone bringing home their shopping onto one of these driveways is a shingle opera in itself....

Car sweeps onto driveway, Crrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnccccchhhhhh.
Car stops ShhhhhcrrruNCH.
Door opens, feet hit the shingle CRUNNCH
, walk to the boot. crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch,
kids pile out CRUNCHcrunchCRUNCHcrunchCRUNCH SCREEEEEEEE CRUNCH CRUNCHcrunch SCREEEEEE
fat wom,an waddles with heavy shopping to the fromt door. crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch,
back out to shut the car doors crunch crunch CRUNCH, SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM, crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch.

God it gets on my tits if I'm working from home. About 3 or 4 driveways like that within earshot of my house.

The thing that really bothers me though is that they've done it on the cheap and not sunk down enough or put enough of a lip on the entrance so that when you walk past their driveways you have to navigate your way through tonnes of shingle that's been dragged or kicked out of their driveway onto the pavement. Sometimes I forget i'm approaching their houses, headphones in. looking aheads, suddenly my ankle goes out because I've stepped awkwardly on one of their ****ing pieces of shingle.

I don't get the desire for them. You annoy your neighbours constantly. You're forever having to rake them back into place.

****ing hate shingle driveways.

Last edited:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Time delay locks on washing machine doors. If you drop a sock on the way to the machine (and you always do), its very annoying having to wait 2 minutes to open the bloody door to shove it in with the rest. What is this supposed to be protecting us from? I've never heard of anyone burning themselves on their washing.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Time delay locks on washing machine doors. If you drop a sock on the way to the machine (and you always do), its very annoying having to wait 2 minutes to open the bloody door to shove it in with the rest. What is this supposed to be protecting us from? I've never heard of anyone burning themselves on their washing.

That's because they have time delay locks on the doors.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
People who pay for small items, bread and ham for example, with the equivalent of a 20 pound note. What am I now, a bank?

You moaned earlier about people taking photos of things in your shop. Do they REALLY take photos of things like bread and ham for example?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
People who pay for small items, bread and ham for example, with the equivalent of a 20 pound note. What am I now, a bank?

So when all you've got is a £20 because that's what cash machines give out, how do you propose you pay for the bread and ham?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You moaned earlier about people taking photos of things in your shop. Do they REALLY take photos of things like bread and ham for example?

I don't actually sell bread or ham (see post #216). But yes, they do take pictures of the books I sell - happened again today - they propped the book up on a shelf that it did not come from, took the picture, then walked out. Needless to say they did not put the book back from where they go it. Gives me something to do I suppose.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The gits on the motorway who refuse to believe the "lane closed" signs for the 10-15 miles that they are flashing, only deciding in the last 1oo yards that it is in fact true and explains why others have had to sit patiently in a slower moving lane, and then have to let the disbelieving t**t bully their way in.. the M25 last night was classic, with even some refusing to believe that the motorway was in fact closed beyond Jn 10 and joined the queue of stationary traffic the other side..

Wives who ask the question they already know the answer to, just so that they can get cross at the answer they are then given!! (Just me???)

Ref: the earlier "justification" about passengers deciding that their suitcase can fit in the overhead locker : there is no space for anything else, and people have to resort to putting their small, hand sized hand-luggage under the seats where they hoped to put their feet! It is often the same passengers who then insist on unbuckling their belts before the sign has gone off, stand with their heads bent over waiting for the doors to open whilst struggling to get their over-sized bag from the over-head locker... gits!!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The thing that annoys me the most is the process of drying after a shower/bath/swim etc

I have no idea why, it just seems such a boring activity.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Rock gods who pronounce that the record I love and cherish is actually a load of sh*t as they were off their heads on coke and were contracted to give CJTC record company one last record, but I still love it although it's now officially cr*p!!

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Barbecues on the Beach or in the park...... Yeah its OK I will smell your chemically burnt offerings while you sit upwind. How bad must those things be for you the smell of toxic chemicals is hideous
People who just leave litter on the Beach/Park/Street... You know who you are you Moron!
People who stand at the checkout and wait for the cashier to tell them how much its going to cost before stating to hunt for their purse... I do mean purse as its normally always women
I am not a golfer but people who wander across golf courses with no thought that the poor people swinging clubs or waving at them are paying for the upkeep of what they are walking on..... Hollingbury has had to put warning signs up for the hard of thinking..
Brighton and Hove Albion at the moment.
Men without tops walking in a public place..... you don't look as good as you think you do you halfwit.
Politicians.... I am sure some are in it for the public good but they all seem to be a bunch of lying tosspots
The EU.... I love Europe but hate this bunch of Stalinists
London Road..... Fast Food, Betting shop, charity shop hell.. Its like a scene from Star Wars sometimes.
Betting Shops.... Have you ever seen anyone look happy in one...
Relax

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People who use ATM's and continue to stand there pissing about for 30 seconds or so, once cash and receipt is both in possession. Similarly being stuck behind a person who. once finished, then takes out a SECOND card. It's none of my business, but annoys me no end.

The other week I was stuck behind a woman who did that SIX times at Saino's Local in Preston Road. One more time and I'd have loudly asked her if I could borrow her ATM. But being British, she apologised when she looked round and discovered about a dozen irate queuers silently stressing and wishing her all sorts of instant horrible death. But being British again, she did a Derek Nimmo-esque golly-gosh apologising thing that we had no defence against. Tho through gritted smiling teeth I did manage to ask her, hopefully pointedly enough that she got the drift 'What on EARTH were you DOING there?!'. 'Oh sorry', she says. 'I was paying my bills'. WTF?! Are there extra game play levels on ATMs nowadays?! Why weren't we told?! :rant:

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
People eating apples loudly whilst talking to you on the phone, thinking about it people eating anything while talking to you on the phone pisses me right off.

Oh and changing from saturday afternoon to friday night footy matches.

The other week I was stuck behind a woman who did that SIX times at Saino's Local in Preston Road. One more time and I'd have loudly asked her if I could borrow her ATM. But being British, she apologised when she looked round and discovered about a dozen irate queuers silently stressing and wishing her all sorts of instant horrible death. But being British again, she did a Derek Nimmo-esque golly-gosh apologising thing that we had no defence against. Tho through gritted smiling teeth I did manage to ask her, hopefully pointedly enough that she got the drift 'What on EARTH were you DOING there?!'. 'Oh sorry', she says. 'I was paying my bills'. WTF?! Are there extra game play levels on ATMs nowadays?! Why weren't we told?! :rant:

People who say "Saino's" - at least you got the apostrophe right :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Betting Shops.... Have you ever seen anyone look happy in one...
Relax

I am of the view that anyone over the age of 55 in a bookies(Which is most) looks like Grouty from Ronnie Barkers comedy Porridge. Hold that thought the next time you go in one.

porridge_uk.harry_grout.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here