Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Persons holidaying or attending big events and tweeting/facebooking every 5 minutes saying how great it is. If it's that good, why are you distracting from it with social media?

It also says, to prospective burglars, 'Look, I'm still 1000 miles away so get in while you have the chance!'. That's why I never post about going on holiday etc. Actually, I never go on holiday...

A few from today!:moo:

People not thanking you after letting them out on junctions!
Owners of beach huts who think they own the prom as well!
People who think that because its sunny they can walk around drinking beer!
Parents that keep sticking their beaks in when children are getting sports coaching!
British people who support tennis players who are playing against our players!
People who think just because their dog is the size of a rat they can run off the lead around places that require normal dogs to be on the lead!
People that hang dog poo in trees?
Paid dog walkers that have no control of the dogs!
Beardy weirdos in pointy shoes!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A few from today!:moo:

People not thanking you after letting them out on junctions!
Owners of beach huts who think they own the prom as well!
People who think that because its sunny they can walk around drinking beer!
Parents that keep sticking their beaks in when children are getting sports coaching!
British people who support tennis players who are playing against our players!
People who think just because their dog is the size of a rat they can run off the lead around places that require normal dogs to be on the lead!
People that hang dog poo in trees?
Paid dog walkers that have no control of the dogs!
Beardy weirdos in pointy shoes!

Er, what about the 'but shouldn't really' annoy you bit?

Here are mine:

Children making loud noise in public
The birds chirruping at dawn and waking me up
My son snoring in his bedroom
Old people driving slowly (I ran into the back of one a few weeks ago)
People clapping out of synch with the rhythm at gigs
Having to provide security information every time I call my car insurer (related to above)
The personal statements of students applying for graduate entry into medical school
English people who hate Andy Murray
Andy Murray
Contrairiness
People who are only doing their job (after all, they are only doing their job)
People who say 'you can guess the rest'

You can guess the rest

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Photo sequences like this in newspapers:

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 09.05.11.png

Wow, look at the Duchess, she has facial expressions just like the commoners, obviously hers are far more news worthy though. Exactly why do we need to see 3 pics? I'd even say, why do we need to see one! So what - she laughs, she pulls 'funny' faces. The papers seem to think we're all obsessed with watching famous people watching sport.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Fist bumping between batsmen every single time one of them plays a half decent shot.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Fist bumping between batsmen every single time one of them plays a half decent shot.

I know what you mean, but not quite asannoying (for me) as the fist-pumping between every point in a doubles tennis match, regardless of whether they have one the point or not..
It also bugs me that players never appear to thank the ball boys/girls who bring them a towel etc between points...

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Photo sequences like this in newspapers:

View attachment 66777

Wow, look at the Duchess, she has facial expressions just like the commoners, obviously hers are far more news worthy though. Exactly why do we need to see 3 pics? I'd even say, why do we need to see one! So what - she laughs, she pulls 'funny' faces. The papers seem to think we're all obsessed with watching famous people watching sport.

You choose to lie down with the devil (looking at a newspaper aimed at thick ****wits) you can hardly complain when you wake up with his flaming tongue tickling your ring David!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
You choose to lie down with the devil (looking at a newspaper aimed at thick ****wits) you can hardly complain when you wake up with his flaming tongue tickling your ring David!

Choice of paper was based purely on cost - ie, it was free! I'd agree that, editorially, it's not up there with the high brow stuff, like Viz!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Choice of paper was based purely on cost - ie, it was free! I'd agree that, editorially, it's not up there with the high brow stuff, like Viz!

Stick with The Friday Ad, not only is it also free, but it's also friendly and somewhat 'homely,' plus you don't get any pictures of that tedious f uckwit Beckham on page 17 (Pets Wanted page)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Stick with The Friday Ad, not only is it also free, but it's also friendly and somewhat 'homely,' plus you don't get any pictures of that tedious f uckwit Beckham on page 17 (Pets Wanted page)

It was quite something getting 2 of the 4 most boring and over publicised people on the same page - Beckham and the Duchess. All we needed was Harry Styles and Cara Delevigne and it would have been the perfect rabbit hutch liner.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
People that a) can't seem to walk in a straight f@cking line and b) refuse to move any faster than your average slug. AND if they're fat as well......

Ohhh I get this every night when I walk to Green Park Station, especially through the arches in front of the Ritz. Normally tourists with all the time in the world walking three or four abreast. Or just one fat person who waddles and arms swing from side to side with the wingspan of a jumbo jet so that you can't get around them without taking a large detour. Then you have the ones who can't even do the walk to the office or from the train without constantly having their face in their smartphone. That falls into the justified things that annoy you though I reckon.

I have a similar one to Buzzer but not as good and I can't do the picture with arrows BUT I get really annoyed and hate the little blonde boy in the Shakin Stevens Snow is Falling video. Where he does a stupid grin and I really just want to smash his face in.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
An example "Chelsea have signed brazillian winger Bob. Now lets find out what ex Chelsea player Tony Cascarino thinks about this".

**** OFF. He played like TEN TIMES or something. Why does his opinion on CHELSEA matter? Why do we have to have the opinions of someone who once played for the club at a time where literally NO ONE from their era is left at the place. They have no RELEVANCE.

Top buttons done up.
People wearing OPEN hoodies....but with the strings at the top tied up. Twats.
People who say "it's 0-0 but we could have been 3 up". NO. NO. That's not how TIME works. If we scored the first goal we would have had a kick off and the same series of events would not have happened again. IDIOTS.
People who use the word BANTER seriously.
ITV. Terrible channel full of terrible people (apart from Ant and Dec).

rool

Jul 10, 2003
An example "Chelsea have signed brazillian winger Bob. Now lets find out what ex Chelsea player Tony Cascarino thinks about this".

Talking about the famous Irishman that is Tony Cascarino, it shouldn't annoy me but it does that there always seems to be an 'Irish' co commentator for England games. Lawrenson, Whelan, Townsend, Why? They hate us and want us to do poorly. When I lived there I used to hear Lawrenson on the BBC and then slagging us off the next day on RTE.

Plastic paddies annoy me, especially the London ones who even put on a bit of an accent when they speak to another Oirish person, and anyone who is really English but adopts another nation because they think it is cooler or just has the better football team and then just slags off the country and the team. You are no better than the Liverpool/Manchester United/Chelsea plastic fans.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Old people in Supermarkets after 6pm and at weekends.

Why do they shop then?

20 years ago, when in my previous guise as a Sainsburys manager, the company were seriously mooting the idea of banning pensioners from the stores on weekends...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Standing in a LONG queue at KFC, and when the people in front of you finally get served, they only THEN ask each other the question:
"What do you want then!?"
Because clearly the previous 15 minutes was to study the decor, instead of making your mind up...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here