Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's the thing I don't get. Why is it assumed that better players will be signed later in the window?

Assumptions are being made all over this thread and board. We all know next to nothing about what is going on. I was just trying to clarify the scenario that The Viper was putting forward.

As for why better players might be signed at the end of the window it could be down to a couple of reasons:
1) He's an important member of the selling club's team and so they are resistant to selling him. Only as the deadline approaches and it is clear that if they don't sell they'll have an unhappy player on their hands so they reluctantly do business.

2) He could be an important member of the selling clubs squad but as the window approaches they sign a better player pushing him down the pecking order and thus freeing him up for sale.

Or it could be neither of those reasons. It could be that we end up signing worse players on deadline day than the ones we can sign now. Who knows? None of us. About the only thing we do know is that we won't have our full squad until 1st September. We've been told this by the club. It's not ideal but that's life.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Assumptions are being made all over this thread and board. We all know next to nothing about what is going on. I was just trying to clarify the scenario that The Viper was putting forward.

As for why better players might be signed at the end of the window it could be down to a couple of reasons:
1) He's an important member of the selling club's team and so they are resistant to selling him. Only as the deadline approaches and it is clear that if they don't sell they'll have an unhappy player on their hands so they reluctantly do business.

2) He could be an important member of the selling clubs squad but as the window approaches they sign a better player pushing him down the pecking order and thus freeing him up for sale.

Or it could be neither of those reasons. It could be that we end up signing worse players on deadline day than the ones we can sign now. Who knows? None of us. About the only thing we do know is that we won't have our full squad until 1st September. We've been told this by the club. It's not ideal but that's life.

Spot on. The speculation and debate is fun, but basically none of us have the first clue about what the club is up to. All the sheet-moistening in the world isn't going to change it, frustrating as it may be.

The last few days of the window will be chaotic for loads if clubs.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

A third reason may be the targets agent knows that the longer the player can hold out, the more desperate the buying club becomes. The agent is very keen to negotiate as lucrative a financial package as he possible can for himself and the cash cow that is his client. It's the agents and thier players who hold all the power in today's market.

The sooner they rethink and change the transfer window system the better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've noticed a significant souring of the mood since the friendly at Norwich.

Hopefully a decent result tonight will restore a little faith, but really it's only until the season starts that we can properly see where we are.

In reality we now have 21 of the 25 man squad in place, which isn't bad - especially as transfer fee spending so far is around £12 million, so there is still a nice amount left in the treasury.

Oh for either a Central Midfielder or a Striker this week, though. It may change the perspective.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Hopefully a decent result tonight will restore a little faith, but really it's only until the season starts that we can properly see where we are.

In reality we now have 21 of the 25 man squad in place, which isn't bad - especially as transfer fee spending so far is around £12 million, so there is still a nice amount left in the treasury.

Oh for either a Central Midfielder or a Striker this week, though. It may change the perspective.

I make it 22.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Isn't bad?
We got promoted 3 weeks early in April and it's now August:lolol:
Looks like the whole clubs staff had a 3 month break:D

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Getting worried now. All very quiet and if last night proved anything with the Murray sending off and using Bruno in midfield it's that leaving it late is a big gamble. Any chance before city do we think? For me I think I've accepted nothing before then. Not that I won't be checking every few minutes in hope.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Isn't bad?
We got promoted 3 weeks early in April and it's now August[emoji38]ol:
Well contexed..... I am concerned now... Very. I am certain we will get a player or two, but I feel we are going to have to make do in the key striker area in particular.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Isn't bad?
We got promoted 3 weeks early in April and it's now August:lolol:

This. With bells on. We have wasted a massive opportunity to be ahead of the recruitment curve. Rather, and sadly, we are lagging behind our real rivals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bring your boy home Chris. Its the right thing to do.

Attachments

• DGOCwYMXUAAyw4k.jpg
    DGOCwYMXUAAyw4k.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 486

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I presume this has been fixtured:

Yesterday:
Bremen - Thomas Delaney broke off the training on the afternoon of the service. But there is no reason for concern.

The training unit was only a few minutes old, as Thomas Delaney backed into the cabin after a short talk with coach Alexander Nouri. However, there is obviously no reason for concern. "Light back problems" were the reason for the drop in training, said Werder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here