Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
The Iranian fans are saying some wonderful things about us on their messageboards:

http://www.persianfootball.com/foru...lireza-Jahanbakhsh-N.E.C.-Nijmegen-2014-2015/

lol at Brighton. know your place please!

Brighton who are in the Championship?!

Hell no...

Who are Brighton to bid for one of the most talented players in the Eredivisie?

Brighton are ****. Plus, they hardly ever spend any money, I was shocked to see them offer Alireza £1.4m. The rest of the team are crap and I don't think there's any chance of promotion.

There are many negative points about him going to Brighton (if he does). However, the only positive I see from it is that, Alireza will be Brighton's best player.

If he goes to Brighton you can be sure that he most likely will never become anything more than an average Eredivisie player at most.
The team is absolutely crap and he will sink in the Championship with them.

Hahaha, brilliant. No beating about the bush there.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Well, they don't really seem to like us much do they?! Are the entire Dutch League twinned with Palace?

(I felt the need to post something as at least 100 of the views of this 81 page extravaganza have been from myself yet I hadn't posted anything. I can rest easy now)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where's all this Persia stuff come from? Persia stopped being Persia long before Alireza Jahanbakhsh was born - and how come it's in English? Don't they have their own language(s) to use? I'm just wondering who actually uses the Persian football site.

People over there do still refer to Persia, in the same way that many Vietnamese refer to Saigon rather than Ho Chi Minh City, and you'll still see old English names on shops and what have you in India. Not instead of Iran, but it is in regular use in a regional sense. Maybe the BHA Alba folk could identify :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ali due back from Iran today. NEC are very short of a team in numbers.

I think he may go to AZ Alkmaar (who also signed Jop van der Linden this season, who might have been quite good for us?).

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Where's all this Persia stuff come from? Persia stopped being Persia long before Alireza Jahanbakhsh was born - and how come it's in English? Don't they have their own language(s) to use? I'm just wondering who actually uses the Persian football site.

They still very much identify as Persians. They hate the Arabs quite a bit.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Argus are reporting today that Ali's agent has told them that he will not do a U-turn and sign for Albion. His agent is quoted as saying:-

There has been contact again. Ali was really impressed by Brighton and the manager but it's not the right moment for him. It will definitely not happen. Ali has not changed his mind. He will not go there. There are some clubs interested in him but we don't have an offer yet. I think Ali will stay in the Netherlands.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Argus are reporting today that Ali's agent has told them that he will not do a U-turn and sign for Albion. His agent is quoted as saying:-

I'm sure this agent keeps putting stuff out there just to make this the longest thread ever. ???

100 more pages.....

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Firstly, the club must sense something. They wouldn't keep going back if it was a very firmly shut door. Secondly, what Agents say about players staying put, other offers etc, is all a game. A game to try and get the club to up the wages.

Personally, I don't think this deal will happen. But we need at least one winger and until 1 or 2 others arrive, then this deal is not dead as the proverbial dodo.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Firstly, the club must sense something. They wouldn't keep going back if it was a very firmly shut door. Secondly, what Agents say about players staying put, other offers etc, is all a game. A game to try and get the club to up the wages.

the second point might suggest that there isn't much to the first point. we only have the agents say we have gone back, if we have it could just be "keep us informed".

on the other hand, it could be the player wants to come but the agent is holding out for offers. i sense a lot of big talk for a player who's not *that* brilliant (theres a goal video on the Persia fan forum, woeful first touch.)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are there still people who think we should keep pursuing this dick? If this transfer goes through it has "**** up" written all over it. The guy and his agent obviously think he should be at Barcelona or Manchester United. We have had enough bad attitude players here for me not to want any more, regardless of how good they might be.

Can we just be clear that we are talking about a player from the 2nd division of Dutch football. Is that even as good as League One?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'd suggest we need Murphy AND another winger

Defiantly. 2 wingers with pace who are a goal threat and can also put in a decent ball into the box. I like Lualua and march but neither carry much of a goal threat as their finishing is a little woeful and lualua's crossing needs some improvement

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can we just be clear that we are talking about a player from the 2nd division of Dutch football. Is that even as good as League One?

We are talking about a player who was the BEST player in the Dutch 2nd tier this season, and who last season was voted the second best young player in the Eredivisie (behind only new Man Utd winger Memphis Depay). The Eredivisie is considerably better than League One.

We have to date seen ZERO quotes from the player. The agent is doing his job - dicking people around to get the biggest possible financial benefit for his client and himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here