Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new away ('Volt' yellow) and third ('Crimson' red) shirts

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don't think I will buy either for myself, but my nipper will want at least one of those. Nice a simple and individual lettering nothing to dislike.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Quite like the design of the red one, nice and simple. Won't be buying it though as I don't like red football shirts.

I think the yellow one is ****ing vile on all levels, however - this year's equivalent of that awful green and black thing we had a couple of years ago.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I know kids will love it, but it's the grown ups that worry me that walk into pubs on away games wearing fluorescent yellow like the orange kit, it's just wrong but each to their own

I understand your concern, but any adult wearing a football shirt is a bit suspect. Saying that I happily wear a home shirt to games as I have no shame. So I have no right to criticise anyone who wears what ever version or colour they choose. It all goes to help the Albion so I am be greatful to them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Given that it's a Nike catalogue effort, you weren't expecting an extraordinary red shirt, were you?

Being naively optimistic, I was hoping for a more interesting colour bearing in mind their Alabama effort. But it seems that Nike believe "crimson" is simply another word for "red," whereas the Oxford English Dictionary claims it is "a deep rich red colour inclining to purple."

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
First impression - don't like them very much :( Maybe they'll improve over time though :)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I understand your concern, but any adult wearing a football shirt is a bit suspect. Saying that I happily wear a home shirt to games as I have no shame. So I have no right to criticise anyone who wears what ever version or colour they choose. It all goes to help the Albion so I am be greatful to them.

I also own Albion training tops and shorts and tracksuit for leisure wear ( walking dog cycling etc)
But personally wouldn't be seen dead wearing a fluorescent yellow or orange shirt down the pub, but like I said each to their own

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I certainly thought that about Leon Best, especially as he was wearing shorts and socks too. It was almost as if he thought he was really a footballer!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not my opinion but my 11 year old son asked me to show him the photos of the new shirts.
" Oh, they look like training tops "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here