Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You can't pick the most notorious cases to prove a point which at this stage isn't provable, or compare one moment of madness (if that's what it was) with a sustained campaign of evilness executed over many years.
It wasn't one mad moment though was it? He deliberately hid medical notes over a long period of time. Supposedly told someone he would do something that would change aviation. He Knew his career was over if the truth came out about his health. All points to he planned this and it didn't happen on the spur of the moment.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Agree completely with this. A lot of opinions on this thread leave me very sad. I understand a lot of the anger towards this man but unless we try and understand, wait for the facts and make every effort not to stigmatise depression any more than the world already does then we won't learn any lessons. And the fact that a lot of people seem to agree with Piers Morgan should be a warning sign for them on its own.

true - but depression shouldn't be being used as a get out of jail free card for being a complete ****, like Clarke Carlisle has been doing. He has repeatedly risked the lives of others and used it as his excuse to try and avoid criticism. it shouldn't happen with this bloke either

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
true - but depression shouldn't be being used as a get out of jail free card for being a complete ****, like Clarke Carlisle has been doing. He has repeatedly risked the lives of others and used it as his excuse to try and avoid criticism. it shouldn't happen with this bloke either
That's true. Depression is a contributory factor but personal responsibility still exists. The severest end of the disease is psychotic depression which is slightly different and certainly needs a bit more sympathy.

It's a bit like the, increasingly questioned, AA for alcoholics. Nothing is your fault and it's all OK as long as you say sorry and blame your "disease".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It wasn't one mad moment though was it? He deliberately hid medical notes over a long period of time. Supposedly told someone he would do something that would change aviation. He Knew his career was over if the truth came out about his health. All points to he planned this and it didn't happen on the spur of the moment.

I bow to your superior knowledge of mental illness.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Where has Clarke Carlisle being doing that then?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

So do you think that someone who is mentally ill has the capacity for rational thinking when they are at Rock bottom? I am not suggesting this is the case for this pilot, but in general

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This is perhaps the most moronic thought i have seen on this thread.
Evil is not a word of religion or spirituality. I can understand the uneducated people saying thist but its just ignorance though, bless them.

Oxford English Evil adjective
immoral and wicked:

This bloke was both immoral and wicked and therefore Evil

In certain religious contexts, evil has been described as a supernatural force. Definitions of evil vary, as does the analysis of its root motives and causes. However, elements that are commonly associated with evil involve unbalanced behaviour involving expediency, selfishness, ignorance, or neglect.

I think there's a lot on this thread alone who come under evil. Hardly the most defining diagnoses you'll here about someone.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

That is harsh. Do you think the bloke really wanted to be in a frame of mind where he decided to head butt a lorry ay 60 mph ? Or indeed look for suitable spots to hang himself for 2 days ? Does this make him a ****, it appears so. The problem is with this sort of thing that the people who are the harshest and most lacking in empathy are the ones who have probably never had to go through it. It is an issue that will always be divisive. I have not seen anyone excuse this pilots behaviour and some have been made to look bad themselves for looking at the bigger picture and trying to find answers before making a definite decision. Of course the fact he took 149 people with him defaults that he was evil. 99% of people who have decided to end it will do it in a private and dignified manner, that is what is so hard to square with this Man. He deserves and will get no sympathy but it is important as something surely must be learned to look back at the sequence of events and the triggers for future cases to try, if at all possibly to prevent such a tragedy happening again.I think that is what a lot of people are trying to explain

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
In certain religious contexts, evil has been described as a supernatural force. Definitions of evil vary, as does the analysis of its root motives and causes. However, elements that are commonly associated with evil involve unbalanced behaviour involving expediency, selfishness, ignorance, or neglect.

I think there's a lot on this thread alone who come under evil. Hardly the most defining diagnoses you'll here about someone.

You can throw the Thesaurus around all you like but flying a plane into a mountain, killing 150 innocent people is evil whatever way you want to cut it.

Throwing around a few insults on a message board doesn't fall into that category.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You can throw the Thesaurus around all you like but flying a plane into a mountain, killing 150 innocent people is evil whatever way you want to cut it.

Throwing around a few insults on a message board doesn't fall into that category.

Claiming he was evil is like saying he was bad. It shouldn't take rocket science to work out what's wrong or right?

Lubitz supposed mental illness is the harder thing to understand.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

There is no religious context here,stop inventing sh1t

My definition of evil is defined by the meaning of the word ie profoundly immoral and wicked. This act of killing 150 people was both wicked and immoral,therefore evil,There is no need to overthink this as you are doing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Claiming he was evil is like saying he was bad. It shouldn't take rocket science to work out what's wrong or right?

claiming he was evil is saying his action of killing 150 people was both wicked and immoral,the very definition of evil.

its your choice to say his actions were not wicked or immoral,that is your view..........but you are wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here