Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Plane gone down in the French Alps?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You do post drivel and obviously never really read and understood any of my posts on the Ched Evans thread.

As for this one, you have concocted a scenario based on one line that his ex girlfriend is alleged to have said. It may well turn out to be true but that would be after further evidence has come to light, not because an ex stated that he once said he would, words to the effect of, one day be famous.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You do post drivel and obviously never really read and understood any of my posts on the Ched Evans thread.

As for this one, you have concocted a scenario based on one line that his ex girlfriend is alleged to have said. It may well turn out to be true but that would be after further evidence has come to light, not because an ex stated that he once said he would, words to the effect of, one day be famous.

I don't really give a monkeys arse, he doesn't even deserve this discussion. I have given my view and I am not trying to convince others to agree with me, nor am I going to go into lengthy discussion with someone who wants to convince me otherwise. I made a few statements that some on here agree with me, and some don't.

In his case he is guilty until proven innocent otherwise it would mean forgiving him. A dead man who has killed 149 people doesn’t deserve any of my time spent being sympathetic towards him or looking at mitigating circumstances. You need to discuss this with the victims friends and families not me.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I'd disagree with that. It completely depends on how you see the world and your view of life.

Say you have the simple belief that you are COMPLETELY unhappy as you are, you have nothing to live for and, actually, if you could end it now you would.....then surely that is making a decision in sound mind?

I don't think so.
A sound mind realises that things change and we adapt. A diseased mind thinks that 'this/now' is all there ever will be.

Depression is not being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, it has a timeless quality.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'd disagree with that. It completely depends on how you see the world and your view of life.

Say you have the simple belief that you are COMPLETELY unhappy as you are, you have nothing to live for and, actually, if you could end it now you would.....then surely that is making a decision in sound mind?

Very close friend of mine talked about suicide for most of the years I knew her, tried different anti depressents, lots of talking therapy, accupunture and other alternative therapies. She tried really hard "to do everything the doctor advised", she really did. She said "if it doesn't work, it doesn't help me, then I will end my life". Myself, lots of other close friends tried our best to genuinely support her (less so her family sadly). She killed herself in the end. Paracetamol overdose (and sorry to be graphic but was in hospital for 3 days in a very ill state before dying of a heart attack after being brought out of an induced coma. We were by her side for most of this time, although it was pointless in retrospect as she was heavily brain damaged). I have always felt, although i am not convinced, that actually she talked often rationally about ending her life if no treatment (drugs, social, alternative) could change how she felt about herself and her life. Was this a rational decision? Maybe. Edit - After 10 years or so of it she seemed to just run out of energy to fight it and gave up.

Last edited:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
we learn that evil people like him are capable of carrying out acts that are immoral and wicked in new ways that will totally bewilder us.

Bewilder you.I think 'experts' in psychology might have some ideas and perhaps others that have more experience and knowledge than yourself.

Oh by the way, in case the penny hadn't dropped about good/evil being used by religion and spirituality.
Atheist philosophy tends to use the words right/wrong in terms of morals.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Bewilder you.I think 'experts' in psychology might have some ideas and perhaps others that have more experience and knowledge than yourself.

Oh by the way, in case the penny hadn't dropped about good/evil being used by religion and spirituality.
Atheist philosophy tends to use the words right/wrong in terms of morals.

Without reading every single post of the 413 so far, I can see you are a complete #### so twaddle off and book a plane to FAR FAR AWAY:wave:

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
He has depression, unless of course you know different. As for repeatedly, appears from what I can see there are only two (although one is one too many).

he was depressed at being charged with drink driving after he failed to provide a sample and decided he wanted to die as he left the police station

i doubt anyone would be too happy after ****ing up that badly

love how people can excuse their twattish behaviour on a real illness

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The FACT is he killed 149 people and until it is proved otherwise it was an evil act committed by an evil person. To pin this on depression or suicide is too simplistic a way to excuse it, and does a disservice to those who have suffered from it.

Don't forget Oscar Pistorius was surprisingly found to be perfectly sane after a long observational study.

Now there's a couple of words which also sprung into my mind. You really do talk some utter drivel don't you?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting and apparently clear polarisation of views on this thread. He was evil, full stop, or he was suffering from some kind of mental illness which might have caused him to act irrationally (doesn't excuse it, or make it any better, but might at least help explain it).

Absent any clear facts surrounding his mental state (all we know is he wasn't fit for work as a pilot, and should have been stopped - but there doesn't seem to be a process for this amazingly) I am in the latter camp until I know more. Maybe most of those in the former haven't suffered, or had someone close to them suffer from severe mental illness, but appears views on most sides are pretty strong, and they're not reconcilable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the news on the bbc website this evening.
Duesseldorf public prosecutor Christoph Kumpa said that "several years" before Lubitz became a pilot he "had at that time been in treatment of a psychotherapist because of what is documented as being suicidal"

I would think that Lufthansa are going to have to screen their air crew a lot more closely in future.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is the news on the bbc website this evening.
Duesseldorf public prosecutor Christoph Kumpa said that "several years" before Lubitz became a pilot he "had at that time been in treatment of a psychotherapist because of what is documented as being suicidal"

I would think that Lufthansa are going to have to screen their air crew a lot more closely in future.

Still struggling to understand how my GP can withdraw my driving licence, but there is no process for him to advise the CAA or whoever that I am not fit to fly a plane.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Now there's a couple of words which also sprung into my mind. You really do talk some utter drivel don't you?

Drivel ??? Don't be a tw4t.

With all the fashionable new terms for mental disorders, one day there will be no evil people in this world, just mentally ill killers. Is this what you are getting at? If you want to apply your argument to this case, you would have to apply it to every murder case throughout history and then rewrite it.

He could just as well be labeled with extreme OCD, an obsessive compulsory disorder to kill and become infamous. You are welcome to throw me a mental health term that you think describes him best but feeling suicidal and depressed isn’t it, because those can be considered normal human emotions.

If someone is has evil thoughts and they are depressed and suicidal, then carry out an act like he did, I would say that it was the evil that took over wouldn't you?.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Drivel ??? Don't be a tw4t.

With all the fashionable new terms for mental disorders, one day there will be no evil people in this world, just mentally ill killers. Is this what you are getting at? If you want to apply your argument to this case, you would have to apply it to every murder case throughout history and then rewrite it.

He could just as well be labeled with extreme OCD, an obsessive compulsory disorder to kill and become infamous. You are welcome to throw me a mental health term that you think describes him best but feeling suicidal and depressed isn’t it, because those can be considered normal human emotions.

If someone is has evil thoughts and they are depressed and suicidal, then carry out an act like he did, I would say that it was the evil that took over wouldn't you?.

Feeling depressed can be a normal human emotion. Clinical depression isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here