Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will you vote for at the next general election?

Who will you vote for in the general election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 98 31.6%
  • Labour

Votes: 65 21.0%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 58 18.7%
  • One of the nationalist parties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other party

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • I won't vote

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Labour last time - I thought tackling the economy "low and slow" was the way to go, but I was very wrong. It's only about the economy for me, without that you can do nothing, so definitely tories this time (though if I could vote for a coalition,
I probably would, but no idea who the other party would be).

Miliband is completely devoid of charisma, Balls is sn idiot. If Labour get in it'll be a shambles. Can't believe anyone would vote for them after what they did last time. Can't stand Harman either.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Only 1 person NAMES their choice.
The question is WHO not which party!?
All the looney left shout 'LABOUR' but none have a candidate they can even name....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Caroline Lucas is my MP and a politician who actually believes what she says which is unusual . So for Brighton and for the future - Caroline . Don' to confuse local and national politics because you re pissed off with the roads or the rubbish . This is a national issue and we need some Green MP s to balance the other ideoligies. We 've got one in Brighton so let's treasure her. Let's give her a massive show of approval and tell the rest of the country that we believe in being Green and down here we think
a bit differently and we re proud of it . Let's look after what we ve got .

You thoughts ?

Tending towards this re Lucas

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Jeremy Corbyn - Labour.

"Corbyn has won the Parliamentary Beard of the Year award a record 5 times, and the Beard of the Year, having described his beard as "a form of dissent" against New Labour"

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Hate Labour for things like the HIP and generally dropping the baton though it's simplistic to suggest they caused the crises. Never was mad about either Eds. Historically have not liked the Tories. They have done quite well but mainly down to the Lib Dem policies but I hate the way they are tastily stoking the property market. Cam is a chameleon and Ozzy an opportunist. Lib deems have good policies but I'm not mad on their leaders and their various foibles Clegg, Alexander, Cable, Laws and the bloke who got his wife to take the driving points etc, I would like the Greens but they seem to be just 2 women and one is a bit rubbish. UKIP are good fun but I'm not sure I could trust most of them. I might still vote for them as a form of protest to get the others to buck up their ideas.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Labour last time - I thought tackling the economy "low and slow" was the way to go, but I was very wrong. It's only about the economy for me, without that you can do nothing, so definitely tories this time (though if I could vote for a coalition,
I probably would, but no idea who the other party would be).

Miliband is completely devoid of charisma, Balls is sn idiot. If Labour get in it'll be a shambles. Can't believe anyone would vote for them after what they did last time. Can't stand Harman either.

At the last election the Labour Party said they would cut gradually and halve the deficit by 2015. the Tories said they would clear the deficit by 2015. What happened I wonder? Oh yes the deficit is almost halved. But isn't that what the Labour Party said they would do? Oh yes!

With the Tories you got the worst of all worlds. Draconian cuts no growth for 3 years and then a reversal of policy for the last two years when Osborne saw his policy was disastrous

The Tories have succeeded in re-spinning history and too many people fall for it. He meets his current targets by a falling oil price and sales of assets.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In Worthing they weigh the Tory vote, so whoever I vote for won't make a difference. I've always voted Lib Dem before, more because Labour hasn't got a chance here, than any kind of sandal wearing, tofu eating tendency, and, the Libs may have sneaked an M.P. in, unlikely I know, but about the best anti-tory vote I could come up with.This time, I can't even vote for them, after their selling their principles down the river last time, so, I am voting for the N.H.S. party, a wasted vote I know, but because of the fptp system all my votes are wasted. I, like many, many, people owe my life to our national health system, so thats who's getting my vote

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Because they are the only vaguely left-wing party available?
the greens make UKIP (who I will be voting for as a protest) look polished and professional , through both their policies and quality of candidates.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Regardless of party, personally I find the most worrying stat on the poll the fact that two people so far won't actually vote.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Sadly only the Tories have a realistic chance of winning in Horsham. I'll probably go either Liberal or Green, depends upon their manifestos.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Tory for me, I think this government has done a good job in turning around an economy that was on its arse, not a massive fan of Cameron as I don't think he's strong enough, but all in all the conservatives/lib dems have done a decent job and I don't think that's down to the lib dem influence either.
So I sinc hope that Dave has the opportunity to go it alone for the next 5 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here