Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elbows Jedinak

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It isn't but that's not the point Al was making . He is basically saying the ones highlighted by the media seem to be dealt harsher by the fa than any a others . That shouldn't be the case should it ? Wrong is wrong and all wrong doings should be dealt in the same way .
As long as the incidents being compared are the exactly the same then yes, they should be, without reservation.

I would suggest that those 'highlighted by the media' tend to be the harsher instances in the first place, which might explain why the punishments are/seem worse.

It's the same as when people used to say that United (when they were terrifying) were obviously benefiting from bias as they were awarded so many penalties in comparison to other teams, when in reality they spent so much more time in opposition boxes it was inevitable.

Do you really think that was what Pardew was saying, or do you think he was trying to use the media he was blaming to put pressure on the FA himself?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
As long as the incidents being compared are the exactly the same then yes, they should be, without reservation.

I would suggest that those 'highlighted by the media' tend to be the harsher instances in the first place, which might explain why the punishments are/seem worse.

It's the same as when people used to say that United (when they were terrifying) were obviously benefiting from bias as they were awarded so many penalties in comparison to other teams, when in reality they spent so much more time in opposition boxes it was inevitable.

Do you really think that was what Pardew was saying, or do you think he was trying to use the media he was blaming to put pressure on the FA himself?

I think Al was making a point in the hope the fa took it on board ( a long shot ) . I think it was a forgone conclusion Jedi would get a ban .

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
I think Pardew dealt with that very well, he admitted there was an offence and with his raising of other incidents at the same time he did not slaughter his player in public.
Both Pardew and hopefully Jedinak know it was wrong and hopefully in private Pardew made Jedinak aware of the severity and stupidity of the incident.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's right he has been charged but the FA really need to look at retrospective action charges. If the ref sees it but doesn't react or doesn't give appropriate action the FA do nothing. That is clearly wrong. Further action should be applied if felt necessary, especially with cheats. If a player is sent off for committing an offence which by video is rescinded due to diving then the diver should be given a retrospective ban not equal to the supposed culprit but doubled and so on.

Anyhow lets hope the book's thrown at him, cheating ****

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Pardew dealt with that very well, he admitted there was an offence and with his raising of other incidents at the same time he did not slaughter his player in public.
Both Pardew and hopefully Jedinak know it was wrong and hopefully in private Pardew made Jedinak aware of the severity and stupidity of the incident.

Wouldn't it be REFRESHING though, if in an instance like this a manager openly acknowledged that his player had been an idiotic violent THUG (as everyone with eyes in their head could see), and fully deserves retrospective punishment ?

But no. Instead you get a mealy-mouthed statement from Pardew basically saying "weelll...I've seen worse, bloody press. Whats the big deal ?". The fact that Sakho isn't laid up in a hospital post-surgery having his SKULL put back together is down to pure luck. It was a cowardly assault, and the manager should have the bollocks to say as much. Anything less is condoning it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't it be REFRESHING though, if in an instance like this a manager openly acknowledged that his player had been an idiotic violent THUG (as everyone with eyes in their head could see), and fully deserves retrospective punishment ?

But no. Instead you get a mealy-mouthed statement from Pardew basically saying "weelll...I've seen worse, bloody press. Whats the big deal ?". The fact that Sakho isn't laid up in a hospital post-surgery having his SKULL put back together is down to pure luck. It was a cowardly assault, and the manager should have the bollocks to say as much. Anything less is condoning it.

That's not just Pardew, is it? I would like to see more managers adopt the Brian Clough approach.

Not as in drinking fourteen whiskies before a game, more the concept of being prepared to criticise his own players for unacceptable conduct.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
That's not just Pardew, is it? I would like to see more managers adopt the Brian Clough approach.

Not as in drinking fourteen whiskies before a game, more the concept of being prepared to criticise his own players for unacceptable conduct.
I can't believe I'm going to say this as I think he's a monumental tool BUT I can imagine Sherwood turning out to be exactly like that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe I'm going to say this as I think he's a monumental tool BUT I can imagine Sherwood turning out to be exactly like that.

Probably only to take the heat off himself though :), like a sort of smokescreen for another crap defeat. "Well, you know, it was stupid by XXX, he knows he's let us all down & I can't accept that sort of behaviour. I will be dealing with it of course. It undoubtedly cost us the game".

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Probably only to take the heat off himself though :), like a sort of smokescreen for another crap defeat. "Well, you know, it was stupid by XXX, he knows he's let us all down & I can't accept that sort of behaviour. I will be dealing with it of course. It undoubtedly cost us the game".

That sounds about right.

I've really enjoyed the way he's been backing his team in press conferences, praising their passion and commitment but acknowledging that something more is required to actually be a success. I wonder if the irony of what he's saying will ever actually hit him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Oh Pardew isn't the only culprit by any means, they all circle the wagons to a lesser or larger extent. It just grates when managers adopt the default position and defy the laws of logic, common sense and decency to defend the indefensible, just because its one of their players. Makes me wonder if they actually realise how ridiculously myopic they sound.

Pardew is a catastrophically horrific example of a human being, always has been. So seeing him defending Jedinak by making light of the incident was entirely predictable and utterly vomitworthy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pardew is a catastrophically horrific example of a human being, always has been

Yes, yes he is.

dd61de8da0972fc532a51583815a2af5.jpg
5f2b86a6e230b6e642ead5f89e7a4244.jpg
b54095d864a43da946c2549681c658e0.jpg

f18b844eb8a58b352793bfd89d89f08e.jpg

SAC

May 21, 2014

Completely agree with you but those days the power was still with the club and manager, now if a manager dares to say anything about one of his precious players the player and agent will be in his office throwing toys out of their pram. Clough would have laughed in their faces and kicked them out, now a player would end up with a pay rise or a pay off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ugh. If he was an ice cream, he'd lick himself. In fact he probably does.

Rancid foul-mouthed classless thug. Palace and Pardew - absolutely made for each other.

I've just noticed that what appears to be the same girl- in different outfits- seems to be in two of those photos. How desperate must life be for her that she's twice schmoozed up to him? Or, how drunk of course. The players must have been elsewhere that night so she had to make do.

Isn't he a bit old to be hanging around nightclubs like that?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just noticed that what appears to be the same girl- in different outfits- seems to be in two of those photos. How desperate must life be for her that she's twice schmoozed up to him? Or, how drunk of course. The players must have been elsewhere that night so she had to make do.

Isn't he a bit old to be hanging around nightclubs like that?

To be fair, I don't think it is a NORMAL nightclub - more one that specifically encourages creepy middle-aged weirdos. Check out the guy in the background of the last pic...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, I don't think it is a NORMAL nightclub - more one that specifically encourages creepy middle-aged weirdos. Check out the guy in the background of the last pic...

Haha, yes that cropped up last time we had that photo on here. It's deeply unsettling when Alan Pardew is only the secondcreepiest man in a given situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here