Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to see promoted?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would prefer Derby to go up, as they seem to have a hex over us. Ipswich would be quite good, I like Mick McCarthy, even if I suspect they'd struggle badly in the Premier League. Can't bring myself to care either way about Middlesbrough, although I don't suppose many people will be disappointed to lose it as an away trip. I'd be happy to see Bournemouth blow it, however Eddie Howe seems to be a very lucky manager, and they seem to get a disproportionate number of bad refereeing decisions in their favour, so they'll probably cling on in there. I really want to see what happens to them financially if they don't make it this season, having evidently gone for broke.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Would prefer Derby to go up, as they seem to have a hex over us. Ipswich would be quite good, I like Mick McCarthy, even if I suspect they'd struggle badly in the Premier League. Can't bring myself to care either way about Middlesbrough, although I don't suppose many people will be disappointed to lose it as an away trip. I'd be happy to see Bournemouth blow it, however Eddie Howe seems to be a very lucky manager, and they seem to get a disproportionate number of bad refereeing decisions in their favour, so they'll probably cling on in there. I really want to see what happens to them financially if they don't make it this season, having evidently gone for broke.

No, no, no. You're clearly wrong - despite only getting 9-10k crowds, and paying top whack salaries they're easily with FFP limits... tut tut

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Don't get all this love for Derby. I'd be quite happy to see McLaren fail again this season and watch his squad get decimated by the circling Premiership vultures in the summer (sorry).

a) They're a bit of a bogey team for us.
b) They were robbed in the play-off final (though it was nice to see Bobby score).
c) They haven't spent an absolute bomb trying to make it.
d) McClaren is a decent bloke and a good manager.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Up -

Derby - Champions - Rather like them as a club and really deserved promotion last season, the Wally with the Brolly has done a decent job.
Middlesbrough - Auto - Our final game could be a clincher for them, rather like what Karanka is doing up there, similar to what Poyet did down here, hopefully the dressing rooms at the Riverside will therefore be checked regularly in that case.
Norwich - Play-Offs - Like them as a club too and generally well ran, awful start to the season but have recovered well. Neighbours Ipswich are faltering a bit too.

Down -
Blackpool - Do I really need to give a reason ?
Wigan - Already seem well off the pace. They have a good squad as well, but the management is poor. With their wages, costs and low fanbase - the cost of relegation for them will be massive.
Millwall - Escaped the last couple of years, but not this year. Holloway seems clueless with them.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why does everybody feel Derby have something over us, they feature in my top 10 Amex moments twice, Vicente's shot in 2012 and the 10 player offside the year later, its only last year they dominated us, we were unbeaten in 4 until then.

That said I want them and Middlesborough to go up, as Boro is such a long away trip and Ipswich as they charge premiership prices already

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Not sure about 'let' - in fact we might actually get a result of sorts this time! I'd take a draw tho. Regardless of the result, I'd be happy to see you finish in 1st!
We'll see, I'm a perennial pessimist when it comes to Derby, always find a way to be nervous about the opposition!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We'll see, I'm a perennial pessimist when it comes to Derby, always find a way to be nervous about the opposition!

I hope you do go up. You have a very decent side, a good manager, very few unlikeable sorts, and the infrastructure to sustain Premier League status. Plus it's not like McLaren has splashed out millions to get the squad where it is. Frankly, it was ridiculous of you to lose to Harry's mercenary army last season.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
For me Derby, Boro and Bournemouth, purely on the basis that their attitude has got worse over the season, they think like palace, play like palace, but the reality is that if they get to the promised land they'll be humped every week, which would be amusing.

Then their shady chairman will do an Oyston, and they'll end up back where they belong, in league two like their local mates Portsmouth (twats)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Don't really get the anti-Bournemouth thing but then I don't really know much about Eddie Howe. Would go for Bournemouth, Derby and Brentford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here