Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colunga Loaned Out

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps the wages saved on this deal will enable us to sign Bennett.

I don't think we'll bring in another striker unless CMS goes now.

The bold bit; I like.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Let's hope Granada can recover their season and stay up which I'm guessing is the key condition to us recovering our transfer fee investment.

You can entirely understand why Colunga didn't settle. He is far from being the only one......Toko, COG, Baldock, McCourt

All in all a disastrous period for the Albion reflected in our league position. It can only get better (hopefully!!!)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
With Stephens coming back and the signing of Beram Kayal plus Lua Lua back in training, maybe we can afford to lose him as there is only room for 17 in the squad. I think CMS will only get bench time or be played as a wide man if he stays.

Not going to happen, but it would be good to get Kemy out too.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Makes sense to me, Loan him out, then you have another slot to Loan somone in after transfer window shuts!.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oh, and Tex can play wide if needed.

Yes your right, he can. I see Teixeira as principally a 'number 10'. someone who can play just behind a main target man, and he has goals in him too. He can also play out wide of course.

I think perhaps Chris Hughton prefers to play a bit more of a robust style, so I can see why perhaps Colunga doesn't fit in to that system. But with the transfer window closing on Monday, l think it's very unlikely a replacement will be brought in now. Although still opportunities for loan signings of course.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
For all we know the club has told him he is surplus to requirements and his name was circulated to European clubs , nobody outside the Albion knew Toko was going to a Turkish side until the very last minute.

We don't know how it worked, Colunga may have disappointed at not getting as much game time as he wanted and put the message out to his agent. Or Granada had seen that he wasn't a regular starter for us and approached the club. He is a well known and respected player in Spain so a move was probably very easy to set up.

My comment though, was really in response to the "Obviously Hughton doesn't rate him.“assumption statement because he has played well for us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We don't know how it worked, Colunga may have disappointed at not getting as much game time as he wanted and put the message out to his agent. Or Granada had seen that he wasn't a regular starter for us and approached the club. He is a well known and respected player in Spain so a move was probably very easy to set up.

My comment though, was really in response to the "Obviously Hughton doesn't rate him.“assumption statement because he has played well for us.

Don't think it's so much a case of Hughton not rating him, more that he doesn't fit into how Hughton likes to set up his sides.. I would imagine Colunga would be more at home in a team managed by Gus, or Oscar Garcia, as they like to play more expansive passing football, and where physical strength, (or lack of it), isn't so much of an issue.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Don't think it's so much a case of Hughton not rating him, more that he doesn't fit into how Hughton likes to set up his sides.. I would imagine Colunga would be more at home in a team managed by Gus, or Oscar Garcia, as they like to play more expansive passing football, and where physical strength, (or lack of it), isn't so much of an issue.

Just reflecting on the word 'expansive'. Its a shame CH hasn't cottoned on to using it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

That is an assumption as well. Why can't it be as simple as Granada contacting the club, who then told Colunga, who then said yes he would like to go, and Hughton, being a gent that he is, didn't stand in his way :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here