Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be any less miserable in palace's position?

See! This is my point I keep going on about. We nearly went out of the football league with a high risk of going out of existence, fans had to travel 150 miles round trip to home games, had a real risk of never being allowed to having the funds to build a new ground. Had you said we'd be nearly filling a 30k capacity new ground regularly and a mid table 2nd division team you'd have said that would make you very happy but is just a pipe dream. Then it actually happens and instead of being happy, you moan and wittier on about a London club.

When we had to sell the goldstone because of losses of 5million ish over a long period but you were told 18 years later we were losing nearly 40 million over three season you would be baffled!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Investment in the playing side has patently taken second place to building the stadium and then to building the training ground. Would be good to know if investment in the playing side will now come before or after building the hotel, so we can make our investment in season tickets accordingly.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The difference between the two clubs – and I do give credit to Palace for their performances in the Premier League this season and last – is that, when we go up, our average attendance will not double.

You're right, when you won promotion it TREBLED

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Philadelphia 76ers record since Josh Harris bought them:

2011-12 Won 35 Lost 31 Made the Play offs beat Chicago Bulls 1st Round, lost next round to Boston Celtics. Good Season
2012-13 34-48
2013-14 19-63 Third worst in Franchise history
2014-15 17-53 including losing 17 straight at the start of the season

His record at New Jersey Devils isn't great either no play offs last year and probably the same this season bar a hell of a turnaround in form. When does the Palace deal go through?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Code:
This, all day long.

It's been a poor season for the albion, no doubt, but the club is rising again after the Hyypia-Burke disaster, and we'll be much closer next year.

As for Palace, their fall will come, and a lot of the gloaters won't be seen around here when it happens.

You've been deluding yourself since 2012 with all this "rise of the Albion" rubbish yet it's now 2015 and look where you are. Face it, your big chance was under Gus and you blew it, losing on your own patch to your biggest rivals. You had a great team that year, players like Kuzsczak, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa and there was a fair chance you would have gone on to establish yourselves in the Premiership if you'd gone up. But be realistic, you're now a million miles from the Premier League, you really think next year you're going to be challenging for promotion?? Look at your team, it is awful and needs massive money spent on it yet Bloom has shown this year that he no longer is willing to spend his hard earned personal wealth. In Hughton you have a very decent manager at Championship level but he is not a miracle worker. Not even Sir Alex could get that shower of a squad you have close to promotion.

Last edited:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Code:

You've been deluding yourself since 2012 with all this "rise of the Albion" rubbish yet it's now 2015 and look where you are. Face it, your big chance was under Gus and you blew it, losing on your own patch to your biggest rivals. You had a great team that year, players like Kuzszack, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa and there was a fair chance you would have gone on to establish yourselves in the Premiership if you'd gone up. But be realistic, you're now a million miles from the Premier League, you really think next year you're going to be challenging for promotion?? Look at your team, it is awful and needs massive money spent on it yet Bloom has shown this year that he no longer is willing to spend his hard earned personal wealth. In Hughton you have a very decent manager at Championship level but he is not a miracle worker. Not even Sir Alex could get that shower of a squad you have close to promotion.

Mr Bloom has said he will reluctantly put £10 million a year into Brighton, that is spending his hard earned personal wealth. You finished 17th the season before you went up,

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Mr Bloom has said he will reluctantly put £10 million a year into Brighton, that is spending his hard earned personal wealth. You finished 17th the season before you went up,

£10 million spent on new players and £10 million into the club as a whole are 2 completely different things.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Code:

You've been deluding yourself since 2012 with all this "rise of the Albion" rubbish yet it's now 2015 and look where you are. Face it, your big chance was under Gus and you blew it, losing on your own patch to your biggest rivals. You had a great team that year, players like Kuzsczak, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa and there was a fair chance you would have gone on to establish yourselves in the Premiership if you'd gone up. But be realistic, you're now a million miles from the Premier League, you really think next year you're going to be challenging for promotion?? Look at your team, it is awful and needs massive money spent on it yet Bloom has shown this year that he no longer is willing to spend his hard earned personal wealth. In Hughton you have a very decent manager at Championship level but he is not a miracle worker. Not even Sir Alex could get that shower of a squad you have close to promotion.

Short memory? Remind me where palace finished the season before they got promoted with largely the same squad?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Code:

Tell me posting that didn't give you a serotonin boost, I dare ya! DARE YA!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Was it not the case Arsenal fans were complaining of lack of investment in their squad after the move to the new stadium for the first few years. Maybe Brighton are going through the same stage now, and like Arsenal who have started to spend again, so Brighton will do maybe next season.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Short memory? Remind me where palace finished the season before they got promoted with largely the same squad?

We massively underperformed the year before we got promoted mainly due to Freedmans negative tactics and a focus on the League Cup. Once Freedman was told to be more attacking by Parish we flourished the next year. We had quality players already at the club in Speroni, Zaha and Jedinak, Murray had the season of his career and we added Bolasie, Moritz and Delaney who were all brilliant for us. I don't see players like Stockdale, Lua Lua and O'Grady improving to the standard required to give you a shot at promotion.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We massively underperformed the year before we got promoted mainly due to Freedmans negative tactics and a focus on the League Cup. Once Freedman was told to be more attacking by Parish we flourished the next year. We had quality players already at the club in Speroni, Zaha and Jedinak, Murray had the season of his career and we added Bolasie, Moritz and Delaney who were all brilliant for us. I don't see players like Stockdale, Lua Lua and O'Grady improving to the standard required to give you a shot at promotion.

Well since CH arrived our form has been that of a top 10 side so it is hardly inconceivable that with some sensible business in the summer we could have a squad capable of squeezing in the playoffs is it.

Easy to quote the players that suit your agenda ignoring the quality we have in midfield with ince, kayal and Stephens. It's also worth noting this is exactly what the team of superstars you quoted achieved which was essentially being 45min from missing out of playoffs altogether and just crawling over the line

Don't get me wrong as its stands our squad is not strong enough but to dismiss our chances next season considering what happened to you that season is frankly laughable

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Stockdale has already improved, and Kayal, Ince and Stephens are starting to Gel really well together. 6 clean sheets in the last 10 suggest our defence is getting better. Its only putting the ball in the net that is the problem and maybe it won't cost £10 million to get.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Stockdale has already improved, and Kayal, Ince and Stephens are starting to Gel really well together. 6 clean sheets in the last 10 suggest our defence is getting better. Its only putting the ball in the net that is the problem and maybe it won't cost £10 million to get.

We had Bolasie, Zaha and Murray the year we went up. I see nothing close to that quality in your ranks. Unless you get extremely lucky in the summer with cheap unknown gems or freebies then I don't see where the goals are going to come from.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We had Bolasie, Zaha and Murray the year we went up. I see nothing close to that quality in your ranks. Unless you get extremely lucky in the summer with cheap unknown gems or freebies then I don't see where the goals are going to come from.

I see Stockdale and Kayal being important next season, I think March will progress (if he beats his injuries). If we play O'Grady right he could be the key to our attacking play ( I don't think he will score loads though). Then its down to getting 2 maybe 3 very good players, Glenn Rae hopefully will come through. I think we will sell Dunk though.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Code:

The 'rise of the Albion' happened before 2012 you fool. That was when, after years of fighting, we were guaranteed a future against all the odds.

In football, there is not one big chance. If you hang around, there will always be another chance. We will be around, because our owner, except in his day job, will not be gambling with other people's money.

Call our team awful if you like, but you are evidence that any awful team can have a fluke season. Your memory of your sixth place side as world beaters seems to have conveniently edited the part when early the following year your manager walked away in despair and Pulis was paid a fortune to come in and spend loads of cash on replacements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here