Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be any less miserable in palace's position?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Code:

You've been deluding yourself since 2012 with all this "rise of the Albion" rubbish yet it's now 2015 and look where you are. Face it, your big chance was under Gus and you blew it, losing on your own patch to your biggest rivals. You had a great team that year, players like Kuzsczak, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa and there was a fair chance you would have gone on to establish yourselves in the Premiership if you'd gone up. But be realistic, you're now a million miles from the Premier League, you really think next year you're going to be challenging for promotion?? Look at your team, it is awful and needs massive money spent on it yet Bloom has shown this year that he no longer is willing to spend his hard earned personal wealth. In Hughton you have a very decent manager at Championship level but he is not a miracle worker. Not even Sir Alex could get that shower of a squad you have close to promotion.

You don't like the concept of the rise of the albion one little bit do you ? So you plant yourself firmly in 2013 and refuse to look forwards and acknowledge that things will change :lolol:

We are not far away in reality, now that the finn and the burke have gone. It's not impossible that next year will even be our year.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
If we are going to be serious contenders next year then the squad is going to require a significant overhaul. I think it will happen too. Stockdale, who seems to be in vogue right now, has to cut out the basic errors and he will be a great keeper for us. But if he continues to be as erratic as he has then I can see Walton being given a shot. Outside of the goalkeeper we need serious investment up front and a stronger midfield squad to back up Kayal and Stephens. Hopefully we sign Bennett at the back, if not we need significant investment at left and right back. If we can hold onto Halford, Hughes, Greer and Dunk then we're Ok in central defence. The squad as is will not be a top 6 team.

To be honest, I cant wait for this season to end.

Palace have solidified and it pains me to say that there are going to be at least 3 worse teams than them in the Premiership for a while to come. Should keep their little drummer boy happy.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If we are going to be serious contenders next year then the squad is going to require a significant overhaul. I think it will happen too. Stockdale, who seems to be in vogue right now, has to cut out the basic errors and he will be a great keeper for us. But if he continues to be as erratic as he has then I can see Walton being given a shot. Outside of the goalkeeper we need serious investment up front and a stronger midfield squad to back up Kayal and Stephens. Hopefully we sign Bennett at the back, if not we need significant investment at left and right back. If we can hold onto Halford, Hughes, Greer and Dunk then we're Ok in central defence. The squad as is will not be a top 6 team.

To be honest, I cant wait for this season to end.

Palace have solidified and it pains me to say that there are going to be at least 3 worse teams than them in the Premiership for a while to come. Should keep their little drummer boy happy.
I don't think we need a major overhaul. Since Hyppia left our form is the 8th best according to people on here. If we sign Bennett Halford and Teixeira in the summer then sign 2 or 3 quality additional players (on par with Kayal) one of which can score 20 goals then I think we are play-off ready.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Makes me feel dirty seeing all these palace cockroaches on our board.. * shudder*

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
It is advisable not to get too cocky whilst you’re ahead.

Not long ago, Pompey fans were laughing at Southampton.

LOL

So you're the Southampton in that anology ?

:thumbsup: ....oh ok.

True enough - it really has been hell living in Brighton's shadow all these years.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
You don't like the concept of the rise of the albion one little bit do you ? So you plant yourself firmly in 2013 and refuse to look forwards and acknowledge that things will change :lolol:

We are not far away in reality, now that the finn and the burke have gone. It's not impossible that next year will even be our year.

It's not that I don't like it, it's more I find it laughable! I think you just feel it's a foregone conclusion that you will get promoted and become an established Premiership club, just because you have a decent stadium and good crowds. The reality is it takes way more than that. You could easily be in your current division (or worse) for another 10+ years.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I don't think we need a major overhaul. Since Hyppia left our form is the 8th best according to people on here. If we sign Bennett Halford and Teixeira in the summer then sign 2 or 3 quality additional players (on par with Kayal) one of which can score 20 goals then I think we are play-off ready.

A lot of if's there Andy. 20 goal strikers normally cost a lot of £££

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
T.Bloom, Argus, today :

“...We will do our very best to give ourselves a competitive squad to be in the top six, so for sure we’ll be getting in new recruits in the summer which will get us in that position.

“It’s going to be quite a busy summer. We’ve got to get this season out of the way...."

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
T.Bloom, Argus, today :

“...We will do our very best to give ourselves a competitive squad to be in the top six, so for sure we’ll be getting in new recruits in the summer which will get us in that position.

“It’s going to be quite a busy summer. We’ve got to get this season out of the way...."

Expect a load of loans and freebies again

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
T.Bloom, Argus, today :

Didn't he say something about us having a competitive squad by Sept 2014?

I can see a clear out and really hope we can find more players of the Kayal standard and for that price too! (Non league striker comes good (another Ian Wright would be good!)

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Glenn Murray did? All you have is ifs until it happens.

Murray is an exception, I don't think you could name another freebie that has done as well as him in the last decade. Plus he was given service by Zaha and Bolasie, 2 players who have gone on to prove themselves as quality Premiership wingers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't he say something about us having a competitive squad by Sept 2014?

I can see a clear out and really hope we can find more players of the Kayal standard and for that price too! (Non league striker comes good (another Ian Wright would be good!)

Yes he did, but he made a BIG ERROR with the Finn, compounded by the sacked Burke.

Now you can take the view that messing up in one summer means that you will mess up in all summers for eternity, but I do not subscribe to this view.

Tony is smart, for sure, and lessons have been learnt.

el punal

Big fat this. If we'd've got through the play offs last season and were promoted, then I would have pretty much expected us to be in a similar position to where Palace are now. Staying in The Championship however, I would have expected us to be top 10 at least again this season.

And we could still end up in the top ten . . . . with good fortune and a fair wind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here