Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's going to be Hughton isn't it...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Your a bit of a Spurs fan on the quiet though are you not.... a slight bias towards Hughton there i think ;-)

I dont dislike Hughton at all, he is just Dull and plays dull football.

We need a lift around the place, and he wont provide it in my opinion

We need a lift, yes, and this will be achieved by appointing a decent experienced Championship manager, such as Hughton.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need a lift, yes, and this will be achieved by appointing a decent experienced Championship manager, such as Hughton.

That said, I would prefer Pulis.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You see i'm thinking the same but think it's Sherwood, witch i would be delighted at.Spur's was his way into management,the Albion has got to be seen as the top job outside the premiership, best ground,best facilities and a chairman who learned a valuable lesson in player recruitment.

Blimey, I hope not, the guy is a complete plank and even if he wasn't he'd be the most risky of almost all appointments. Fortunately he doesn't fit the club criteria of "championship experience"

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Newcastle's Championship winning season,,

Played 46, Wins 30, Draws 12, Lost 4, GF 90, GA 35, GD +55, PTS 102.

I don't care what squad you got. Many have tried and most have failed. That is none to shabby. Goal difference of +55. That's probably more goals than we have scored in a season for the past few years(tongue in cheek, but probably not to far off)..You cut your cloth accordingly, what was he suppose to do with Norwich??? Go attack attack attack and get stuffed every week in the prem??? They weren't down when he left them, whether they would have or not, we will never know.....and let's not forget where Birmingham have been for the last few years, after he left them in good shape.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Newcastle's Championship winning season,,

Played 46, Wins 30, Draws 12, Lost 4, GF 90, GA 35, GD +55, PTS 102.

I don't care what squad you got. Many have tried and most have failed. That is none to shabby. Goal difference of +55. That's probably more goals than we have scored in a season for the past few years(tongue in cheek, but probably not to far off)..You cut your cloth accordingly, what was he suppose to do with Norwich??? Go attack attack attack and get stuffed every week in the prem??? They weren't down when he left them, whether they would have or not, we will never know.....and let's not forget where Birmingham have been for the last few years, after he left them in good shape.

That really is an impressive record isn't it.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Harper, collocini, Jose Enrique, joey Barton, fitz hall, danny Guthrie, wayne routledge, Damien duff, danny Simpson, Alan smith, nicky butt, geremi, Leon best, Stephen Taylor, kazenga lua lua, shola ameobi, Kevin Nolan, Andy caroll.

I think that says it all. Was Hughton really that good? If you check out the Birmingham Squad he was in charge of you'll see again a very good squad that also played in Europe.

Last edited:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I just remember his brother Henry's horrific challenge on Gerry Ryan - career ending and crippling.... Guess I need to get over it, but I can't.......!!

I've only just realised that Henry Hughton is Chris' brother. For those who are old enough, this must be for me one of the most notorious incidents in the history of our feuds with Palace. My memory of the game is that it was the worst tackle anyone had seen. The following day the Sun were campaigning for Henry Hughton to get a long ban. Reports since have suggested that he was genuinely sorry.

That is a shocker, but I can't hold his brother responsible. I guess it might make him appreciate the importance of the rivalry with Palace that bit more....

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I've only just realised that Henry Hughton is Chris' brother. For those who are old enough, this must be for me one of the most notorious incidents in the history of our feuds with Palace. My memory of the game is that it was the worst tackle anyone had seen. The following day the Sun were campaigning for Henry Hughton to get a long ban. Reports since have suggested that he was genuinely sorry.

That is a shocker, but I can't hold his brother responsible. I guess it might make him appreciate the importance of the rivalry with Palace that bit more....

Remember the shocking incident well, but as you say to hold a relation guilty by association would be more than harsh, I well remember Chris Hughton playing for Spurs, from my bad memory I don't think he was a dirty player was he? I will look it up on Google myself when I can be bothered! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here