• Out

Votes: 115 43.2%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 22 8.3%

• Total voters

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Out.

I hate what he's done to the club. I've hated it from the very moment he started. It's all been about short-termism, and now we're not doing so well, just watch our supporter base erode away.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Out.

I hate what he's done to the club. I've hated it from the very moment he started. It's all been about short-termism, and now we're not doing so well, just watch our supporter base erode away.

Yes - how DARE he make us comply with FFP, make us financially viable, increase revenue and listen to fans - how very dare he do that :facepalm:

If you seriously dont like the fact he has done the above - then you really are clueless im afraid.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Why want someone out when they have done what has been asked of them? I have to be perfectly honest, this constant "Barber Out" on here, has run it's course, very tedious, when he is totally responsible for selecting the team, buying the players etc etc, then I will be a bit more interested, till then, I really hope he stays with us.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Paul Barber is an arrogant back to front, that said you probably need to be to do his job, however I wish he would shut the fluck up and stay out of the programme, I have no interest at all in his opinions!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why want someone out when they have done what has been asked of them? I have to be perfectly honest, this constant "Barber Out" on here, has run it's course, very tedious, when he is totally responsible for selecting the team, buying the players etc etc, then I will be a bit more interested, till then, I really hope he stays with us.

And yet at the moment half the support isn't keen.

I know I stand alone as the only moderator who doesn't think he is good for the club. I hope you are all right and I won't be able to say I told you so, I really do.

Meeting FFP by selling your best players, buying rubbish, increasing the prices of everything and reducing the amount of club staff is not rocket science.

Neither is getting Nike as a kit maker and American Express as a kit sponsor.

All things anyone with basic grasp of business could achieve.

However he has alienated a lot of the supporters/customers in the process and lost two good managers. It's all short term gain at the expense of what matters, the team and the fans.

You should never ever judge a company just on profit increase or loss reduction, that bit is easier than it looks when you start with £13million losses. The empty seats are much more telling and long term problem.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
BARBER is to blame for our decline he has fare to much power and no manager that is any good will come and manage the club all the time he is here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another negative thread. Have you got a personal issue with the bloke?

I should go and have a cup of tea. You are getting a bit obsessed.

I just asked the question and 51% want him out at the moment. So not exactly an irrelevant question is it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

I know I stand alone as the only moderator who doesn't think he is good for the club. I hope you are all right and I won't be able to say I told you so, I really do.

Meeting FFP by selling your best players, buying rubbish, increasing the prices of everything and reducing the amount of club staff is not rocket science.

As is getting Nike as a kit maker and American Express as a kit sponsor.

However he has alienated a lot of the supporters/customers on the process. It's all short term gain at the expense of what matters, the team and the fans.

You should never ever judge a company just on profit increase or loss reduction, that bit is easier than it looks when you start with £13million losses. The empty seats are much more telling and long term problem.

Quite simply, if we were winning games, non of these threads would be about on here, we are losing on the pitch, football fans are fickle, they turn up to see a winning team in the main, success on the pitch means success everywhere else.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quite simply, if we were winning games, non of these threads would be about on here, we are losing on the pitch, football fans are fickle, they turn up to see a winning team in the main, success on the pitch means success everywhere else.

Indeed, but we are in the bottom three, we have eleven players that are all worse than the eleven players we had under Gus. Two years of going backwards.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes - how DARE he make us comply with FFP, make us financially viable, increase revenue and listen to fans - how very dare he do that :facepalm:

If you seriously dont like the fact he has done the above - then you really are clueless im afraid.

I think you've missed the point. It's not what he's done, it's the way he's done it. As others have said, the club's completely lost its soul with its customer-first fans-later approach. I've never seen so much general apathy among Albion fans, even through the Withdean years. And I don't view his condescending emails with their corporate spin defending his actions as listing to fans.

He's also priced-out many loyal or young fans with the ridiculously high match-day tickets and other match-day products (and tries to make you feel as though you're a bad fan if you don't want to pay over four quid for an often average pie (if they have any in stock that is!) He may have increased revenue in the short-term but watch revenue erode away when swaths of season-ticket holders cancel at the end of the season.

If Barber wants to treat us as customers (how much does it cost if you want to replace a lost season-ticket?), we'll treat the Albion as any other business. If they provide a poor quality, overpriced 'match-day experience', then we'll simply take our business elsewhere to the many other offerings Sussex has.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
In. He's doing a good job, and as others have pointed out, any CEO worth his salt would be doing exactly the same job. What you have to remember is why he was recruited in the first place. The club has grown in size as a company beyond any comparisons with previous era's, and in our first year at The Amex the incumbent CEO was out of his depth. A business this size requires a CEO of his quality, experience & cost.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Neither is getting Nike as a kit maker and American Express as a kit sponsor.

However he has alienated a lot of the supporters/customers in the process and lost two good managers. It's all short term gain at the expense of what matters, the team and the fans.

Well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here