Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes not good enough for the Albion

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Doesn't this just sum up the mentality of many posters on here?
Obsessed with ex players and ex managers when things are going wrong?
If Baldock or colunga were banging them in he wouldn't be mentioned I can assure you...Time for many to grow up and move on as this ridiculous obsession is beyond belief.

Get him back get so and so back bla bla bla...most if not all that do come back are facking shite.

I know, I'd be embarrassed too if I'd failed to recognise the excellent all round contribution he made whilst he was here. He's 25 and still getting better.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Baldock or colunga were banging them in he wouldn't be mentioned I can assure you...Time for many to grow up and move on as this ridiculous obsession is beyond belief.

Get him back get so and so back bla bla bla...most if not all that do come back are facking shite.

Don't be so ridiculous. We've got a forward line who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and we shouldn't be talking about a centre forward who we let go 11months ago scoring in the Premier League. Get real.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Main problem is you were not able to see what he brought to the team when he was here and slagged him off if I remember correctly, so you're hardly likely to admit you were wrong now are you?..

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Has just scored another Premier League goal. He is now on twice the goals of any of our current strikers in the Championship.

Another dreadful bit of business by the Albion
Unfortunately some Brighton fans have a history of picking on a player without justification and most of them were bloody good, Ian Mellor, Steve Piper, Mal Poskett, Andy Ritchie, Bremner even Gerry Ryan I kid you not. I could have predicted that Barnes would get peed of with the bad rap and do well elsewhere.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But 90% of the posters here would have sold him for peanuts long before he was actually sold.
They'd have driven him to his new club.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
It just makes me more angry - at the time I could never understand the level of animosity towards him. The old git who sits behind me hated him. To all of those out there who continually slagged him off are you happy now?!?!? You are complete tools and I couldn't give a flying f**k if you thumbs down this post - it will just prove how little you know about football beyond the glory hunting premiership arm chair fans you are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does this thread mean we have now eulogised about every player, still active, with an Albion connection who's not a regular starter for us this season.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does this thread mean we have now eulogised about every player, still active, with an Albion connection who's not a regular starter for us this season.

No, just the ones we decided to let go when we could have kept them if we'd just offered a bit of a better deal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I get the impression that all is quite rosy in your Abion garden, good for you :thumbsup:

It seems you get off on swimming against the tide.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yep, I'd definitely count you in that...
Aaaaah cool, would want to disappoint the sheep,...... but Barnes is old news, our current crop of underperforming prima donnas is of more concern to me at this point in time.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Aaaaah cool, would want to disappoint the sheep,...... but Barnes is old news, our current crop of underperforming prima donnas is of more concern to me at this point in time.

All this talk of Barnes and other players stems from us talking about our recruitment policy and transfer activity i.e. our current crop of under performing prima donnas. It may have escaped your notice but people have also been calling for Burke's head, and so it's natural to talk about the players bought in and who they've replaced.

Is that really difficult to comprehend?

Did you really just try to insult me by typing baaaaa!? :lolol::cool::moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here