Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Morning Dads Club

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
New dad here! Little one is four weeks old.

Had, surprisingly, the best night sleep so far last night - woke up at 7am.

Just finished feeding and she's promptly thrown up.

I really, really struggled with the sleep thing when ours was a baby and have no shame in admitting that! People told me it would get easier and without doubt it does! Congratulations!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
New dad here! Little one is four weeks old.

Had, surprisingly, the best night sleep so far last night - woke up at 7am.

Just finished feeding and she's promptly thrown up.

Congratulations! Definitely will get easier until you have a second one then it starts again :)

The throwing up is standard.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I really, really struggled with the sleep thing when ours was a baby and have no shame in admitting that! People told me it would get easier and without doubt it does! Congratulations!

Congratulations! Definitely will get easier until you have a second one then it starts again :)

The throwing up is standard.

Thanks chaps, much appreciated!

The first couple of weeks was a real struggle, feeding every three hours with about an hour's sleep at a time. The last couple have been much better, though, and last night was by far the best. Apparently it goes in phases, so I'm waiting for a sleepless night tonight!

I'd imagine having a second is even more difficult, with two to look after, but at least I won't have to worry about that for a while!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Our little'un just doesn't need that much sleep :-(

She's 7 months old, she goes down at 9 and she's usually back up again between 1am and 3am and then sleeps until 7am. It's killing me. And the missus is back to work in 3 weeks so it's going to get harder as she does the majority of night time stuff during the week and I'm working all the hours God sends at the minute.

Working 12 hours a day on interrupted sleep is bloody hard. I'm praying for her to start sleeping through.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Our little'un just doesn't need that much sleep :-(

She's 7 months old, she goes down at 9 and she's usually back up again between 1am and 3am and then sleeps until 7am. It's killing me. And the missus is back to work in 3 weeks so it's going to get harder as she does the majority of night time stuff during the week and I'm working all the hours God sends at the minute.

Working 12 hours a day on interrupted sleep is bloody hard. I'm praying for her to start sleeping through.

That is how my daughter was too.. Except the last stint typically only lasted until 5:30-6.. and it often took her over an hour to go back to sleep after the first wake up.. My wife stopped breast feeding, we moved her into her own room and very quickly it has changed..
She is now 9 months and has slept through for the last month, bar maybe 3 or 4 nights...
It does change, with us, very suddenly.. Good luck.. I do know what you are going through as it is still pretty fresh with me..

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Same here!

Well I may see you at something baby related around Brighton. Luckily the other half seems quite relaxed about things at the moment.

Now a question for all the dads out there:

How much shit do I actually need for this impending baby? I'm already inundated with people wishing to pass on baby stuff.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well I may see you at something baby related around Brighton. Luckily the other half seems quite relaxed about things at the moment.

Now a question for all the dads out there:

How much shit do I actually need for this impending baby? I'm already inundated with people wishing to pass on baby stuff.

To leave the house you will need nappies, nappy bags (or something to hold the old one if you are using cloth nappies), a bottle if you are not breastfeeding (with milk in powder or carton form) or your good lady if you are, three changes of clothes, one warm, one cold and one in the middle, plus possibly a fourth if they like to take particularly messy shits which most of them do, muslins / cloths, baby wipes, a toy or two and your pram / travel system.

That's to get a paper and 20 B&H.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
To leave the house you will need nappies, nappy bags (or something to hold the old one if you are using cloth nappies), a bottle if you are not breastfeeding (with milk in powder or carton form) or your good lady if you are, three changes of clothes, one warm, one cold and one in the middle, plus possibly a fourth if they like to take particularly messy shits which most of them do, muslins / cloths, baby wipes, a toy or two and your pram / travel system.

That's to get a paper and 20 B&H.

Hmmm. Sounds like leave baby with missus or grandparents and go read the paper in a spoon to me. :)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
As the father of 7 month old twins there is no greater invention than this! 20150402_203356.jpg

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Good news for this weeks dads club. Proud to welcome another seagulls fan, with the birth of my second son Stanley. Had a great nights sleep last night (older boy teething and normally wakes up in night) as it stands its 10:30 and I'm still in bed! Result

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Good news for this weeks dads club. Proud to welcome another seagulls fan, with the birth of my second son Stanley. Had a great nights sleep last night (older boy teething and normally wakes up in night) as it stands its 10:30 and I'm still in bed! Result

Congrats. I,m currently in the delivery suite waiting for my first to be born. Misses went into labour at 23.00 last night so no sleep for me since yesterday morning.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As the father of 7 month old twins there is no greater invention than this!View attachment 64299
Seconded (though I've only got the one 11 month old). A glorious invention.

I was woken up this morning at 3:30 by Jr GFH sitting up in his cot making it abundantly, yet pleasantly, clear that he was done with sleep for the night and that he thought attention should be paid to this decision. Always seems to do it on a Sunday as well, I'm beginning to think he's far smarter than he lets on.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Wahey! Congrats!
Congrats. I,m currently in the delivery suite waiting for my first to be born. Misses went into labour at 23.00 last night so no sleep for me since yesterday morning.
Oooh fun times. Be sure to keep NSC apprised of any updates. If it makes you feel any better, my son took 54 hours to appear (from waters breaking to birth) so to be in delivery suite already sounds positive!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
All the best mate

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
How's it going old chap? Had a new Junior Seagull arrived?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Well? How did it go????

I've been thinking about this on and off today as my mates wife gave birth to their 4th son this morning too. (God help his wife now with what will basically be 5 boys to look after)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here