Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Morning Dads Club

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
This is my first Father's Day too.

I have a 10 month old daughter who is into everything and usually thinks that 4-5 hours sleep is enough and let's me and Ms Spongy know that sleep is wasted time. Today however, I have been treated to a lay in until 9am. And had a monster English breakfast cooked for me to go with my first ever "worlds greatest daddy" mug.

We're off to visit respective dads soon and I'm being treated to a few ciders in a pub beer garden this afternoon.

Today is going to be a good day.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
sorry mate. don't think anyone can know how f**king awful it is without having been through it. coming up two years for me - mine nearly 22, 18 and 14.

It's pretty grim, worst thing for me and I suspect for you too is when you are watching a film or TV show and the kids are holding their old man's hand and doing something 'boring' such as feeding ducks in the park. I go very quiet and just hope no one has picked up on my reaction, but it's like being kicked repeatedly.

I don't know your circumstances, but never give up, if you do that then someone else has won.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
It's pretty grim, worst thing for me and I suspect for you too is when you are watching a film or TV show and the kids are holding their old man's hand and doing something 'boring' such as feeding ducks in the park. I go very quiet and just hope no one has picked up on my reaction, but it's like being kicked repeatedly.

I don't know your circumstances, but never give up, if you do that then someone else has won.

yep it just creeps up on you when you least expect it. other peoples kids, too many 'best dad' and 'no.1 dad' mugs and cards in every frigging shop and just not knowing whether you will ever see or hear from them again. In many ways its a bit like supporting the Albion - its the hope that kills you and yet you couldnt go on without it.

and its just sad that your worst three days of the year are fathers day, your birthday and Christmas Day.

Anyway, i didn't mean to hijack the feel good Dads thread - apologies to all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yup, know how you feel, 3 years and 363 days since I last saw my daughter, she was 16 then, 20 now, and I wonder what she looks like.

I was a similar age when my Dad left my Mum to be with another woman. Both my sister and I took it really badly, and didn't see nor speak to my Dad for a couple of years or so. But we came to realise that our Dad hadn't left us, he didn't not love us, but he and my Mum had grown apart and he was seeking some happiness. We couldn't begrudge him that.

We reconciled and rebuilt the relationship from there and it all became very positive. Hopefully, in time, your daughter will go through a similar process.

(As an addendum to the above: that same relationship then fell apart, again, on my wedding day 14 years ago and I've not seen nor spoken to him since. He also fell out with my sister. He has four beautiful grandchildren he has never seen.)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Me and the ex split up. Things are very black and white when you are 16, so she has nothing to do with me.
That's very sad. I hope she comes round soon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was a similar age when my Dad left my Mum to be with another woman. Both my sister and I took it really badly, and didn't see nor speak to my Dad for a couple of years or so. But we came to realise that our Dad hadn't left us, he didn't not love us, but he and my Mum had grown apart.

We reconciled and rebuilt the relationship from there and it all became very positive. Hopefully, in time, your daughter will go through a similar process.

(As an addendum to the above: that same relationship then fell apart, again, on my wedding day 14 years ago and I've not seen nor spoken to him since. He also fell out with my sister. He has four beautiful grandchildren he has never seen.)

I've reconciled with my son, and have a better relationship with him than ever in many respects. I even get on well with the ex and go round and do household bits and pieces when the TV or iMac needs attention etc.

No one forced me to leave, so it's part of the dividend. My daughter goes to see my mum in Ireland, and my mum (who is of course my biggest fan) has told me that she's still very bitter towards me and not to expect any contact for a long, long time. We were very close, and I think my daughter feels more let down than my ex.

There is little to be gained from me feeling sorry for myself, as it doesn't pay the rent or help in my current life.

It's a shame that the people that mean so much to you are the ones it is hardest to get on with,

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That is so sad. I know someone who views NSC but doesn't post and he was in a similar position, he hadn't spoken to his dad for nearly 20 years.

A few months ago he picked up the phone and called his dad. He said it was the most difficult thing he's ever done, and he doesn't quite know why he did it.

They spoke, met, and things are better, far from perfect, but families are the worst for saying things they don't mean, because ironically the other person does mean so much to them

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's like the scary old guy in Home Alone, at the end of the film he finally gets to reconcile his differences. Brings a tear every time. Anyway there's also those that have their first Father's Day without him this year, this will be my sixth and it don't get any easier.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
It's like the scary old guy in Home Alone, at the end of the film he finally gets to reconcile his differences. Brings a tear every time. Anyway there's also those that have their first Father's Day without him this year, this will be my sixth and it don't get any easier.

Yep that too! And it was his birthday yesterday. F@@k it...I am off to the pub.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
First ever Fathers Day to our 9 month old twins. Totally gutted as laid up with crippling back spasms! Ironically probably caused by all the lifting of them two!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A report from HITC this afternoon :lol:

Celtic have recently been linked with Iranian attacker Alireza Jahanbakhsh of Dutch club NEC Nijmegen. The 21-year-old was first linked with The Bhoys by The Scotsman at the end of March and those rumours have persisted into the summer.
The winger is however wanted by another British team. Brighton and Hove Albion are said to be keen on the player, who is all set to leave NEC this summer.
However De Telegraaf carries quotes from his agent Amir Hashemi which confirm reports from earlier in the week that he had rejected Brighton, after their bid for the player was accepted:
"Alireza wants to develop further and the style of play in The Championship would not help.
“Brighton wanted a quick decision to be made. Ali, however, needs time to ponder his future. Perhaps he will think differently in about four weeks, but right now he can absolutely not say yes.”
The news will be welcomed by Celtic. They could use another wide option for the upcoming season and the comments from Hashemi seem to suggest his client does not want to be playing in a second tier next season.
Surely the Iranian talent would prefer to be playing in the Champions LEague and challenging for a title, something Celtic could offer.
His price tag, according to de Gelderlander, is said to be around €2 million (£1.4 million), which would be a bargain buy for Celtic whilst his wage demands will not be too high.
He is certainly worth a swoop from The Bhoys, now it is clear that Brighton are currently off the table.

Regurgitating what has already been said on the player by HITC , if he has turned us down because he is looking for more money how on earth will Celtic be able to tempt him financially ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A report from HITC this afternoon :lol:

Celtic have recently been linked with Iranian attacker Alireza Jahanbakhsh of Dutch club NEC Nijmegen. The 21-year-old was first linked with The Bhoys by The Scotsman at the end of March and those rumours have persisted into the summer.
The winger is however wanted by another British team. Brighton and Hove Albion are said to be keen on the player, who is all set to leave NEC this summer.
However De Telegraaf carries quotes from his agent Amir Hashemi which confirm reports from earlier in the week that he had rejected Brighton, after their bid for the player was accepted:
"Alireza wants to develop further and the style of play in The Championship would not help.
“Brighton wanted a quick decision to be made. Ali, however, needs time to ponder his future. Perhaps he will think differently in about four weeks, but right now he can absolutely not say yes.”
The news will be welcomed by Celtic. They could use another wide option for the upcoming season and the comments from Hashemi seem to suggest his client does not want to be playing in a second tier next season.
Surely the Iranian talent would prefer to be playing in the Champions LEague and challenging for a title, something Celtic could offer.
His price tag, according to de Gelderlander, is said to be around €2 million (£1.4 million), which would be a bargain buy for Celtic whilst his wage demands will not be too high.
He is certainly worth a swoop from The Bhoys, now it is clear that Brighton are currently off the table.

Regurgitating what has already been said on the player by HITC , if he has turned us down because he is looking for more money how on earth will Celtic be able to tempt him financially ?
Did you post this on the right thread?!

And anyhow, if the Championship is not the right style for him, he clearly won't relish Scottish football.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did you post this on the right thread?!

And anyhow, if the Championship is not the right style for him, he clearly won't relish Scottish football.

It was posted in the Ali J says No thread but ended up here (maybe related to post #1 in the NSC issues thread)

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
7:45 this morning. Tired faces watching zack and quack. Evening walks down the beach had successfully exhausted them. Thanks summer.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My 2 year old daughter nearly died this week after an horrific choking incident - the imagery of which I'm fighting daily to forget.
So I'm over the moon that she is still here and healthy and yelled at me to come and bring her into our bed at 7 this morning.
Love her millions xxx

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
My 2 year old daughter nearly died this week after an horrific choking incident - the imagery of which I'm fighting daily to forget.
So I'm over the moon that she is still here and healthy and yelled at me to come and bring her into our bed at 7 this morning.
Love her millions xxx

Wow. Glad everything is ok. Couldn't imagine it. Must of been terrifying.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Love her millions xxx

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Scariest moment of my life bar none . But yes , we're all thinking forward now and focusing on the positive that she's now absolutely fine thanks .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here