Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance v Fulham on Saturday...

I'd be amazed if anyone doesn't. Certainly all the big clubs with lots of STHs do it.

I've never seen a list of clubs that do and clubs that don't. I don't disbelieve that many clubs announce these fake attendances now, but find it hard to believe it's every club.

It's shame we can't be different and actually announce who turns up on the day or announce both figures.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I've never seen a list of clubs that do and clubs that don't. I don't disbelieve that many clubs announce these fake attendances now, but find it hard to believe it's every club.

It's shame we can't be different and actually announce who turns up on the day or announce both figures.

Why bother with people, match day receipts are the key stat, take a look at Corrire Dello Sport and its detailed for every game

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Why is it a shame? I just do not get the obsession with this. Surely the most tedious running debate on NSC this season. I fail to see why this upsets so many people, I really couldn't care less.

Why is it a shame? I just do not get the obsession with this. Surely the most tedious running debate on NSC this season. I fail to see why this upsets so many people, I really couldn't care less.

It's a shame for me personally, because I'm a traditionalist when it comes to announcing actual attendances and not a hyped up marketing figure of tickets sold. When I first started watching football, attendances meant people who attended a match, so apologies for being a little nostalgic.

Why bother with people, match day receipts are the key stat, take a look at Corrire Dello Sport and its detailed for every game

Different way of looking at it and good point.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
1,520 available at 14.30.

Looks like approx. 150 sold in West and North combined during past 24 hours and a few more have been released in the East.

Absolute max sold is 29,230. More likely to be c. 28,000.

Revised estimate for Saturday is 28,784.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's a shame for me personally, because I'm a traditionalist when it comes to announcing actual attendances and not a hyped up marketing figure of tickets sold. When I first started watching football, attendances meant people who attended a match, so apologies for being a little nostalgic.
Some of the attendance figures announced at the Goldstone were a joke as well though. Why pay tax on 18,000 tickets when you can announce 11k!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well the guy with the scars around his throat must have been mistaken,we have been attacked with glasses wooden bats returning on the train from the goldstone even the girlies were tooled up! Not always been one way but we have had alot of trouble from a supposedly family friendly club,i first started going to fulham 41 years ago.
That's the Lancing lad isn't it ? I thought that happened up there though.

Last edited:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
The last thing we need is a load of Times reading Hooray Henrys, jumpers and rugger shirts tied round their necks, chinos and boating shoes as standard rocking up at the Amex!
At least the Fulham fans sitting in the Brighton parts of the Amex will be easy to spot - anyone (male or female) who looks like Hugh Grant.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
At least the Fulham fans sitting in the Brighton parts of the Amex will be easy to spot - anyone (male or female) who looks like Hugh Grant.
Please get over yourself with this repeated suggestion about hordes of Fulham fans filling The Amex.

If there are more than 50 Fulham in amongst the 25,000 Albion fans then I'd be amazed - you'd certainly be doing well to "spot" them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Technically we are not getting that amount though are we? It's all tickets sold now, which is very good as a figure on its own but it's not the actual people who turn up on the day. There is an argument now that if the mediocre season continues the optimistic, occasional fans who bought season tickets this season, won't bother next year and you may get a more accurate 'attendance' figure next season.

I've never been comfortable with the tickets sold figure being announced as attendance.
O.k then...Tell me which club has sold 28/30k tickets for a relegation clash?...Is that better?
Why should we disregard fans who haven't turned up and of whom pay £500 for a St ?

You need to get out more if this pisses you off as most clubs do it end of...get over it:annoyed:

Feb 14, 2010
O.k then...Tell me which club has sold 28/30k tickets for a relegation clash?...Is that better?
Why should we disregard fans who haven't turned up and of whom pay £500 for a St ?

You need to get out more if this pisses you off as most clubs do it end of...get over it:annoyed:

Its wasting your breath. Some people just want to knock the club. Simster has an issue why Palace were getting similar but a little big bigger crowds in the lat 80's and early 90's. The fact that palace had Ian Wright playing for them, they finished 3rd in the top flight, and got to an FA Cup final might have had something to do with why more returned to palace than us, especially as we had a relegation to the 3rd division and our version of Ian Wright was er, Richard Tiltman and then Kevin Bremner! This says it all, and why the Albion can never win with some people. You will also see that none of the "never will fill Amex brigade" have yet to make the list of clubs who would get 30,000 for Fulham at home in a December championship relegation scrap. Why they are so negative about our support, I just don't know. The team I can understand but the support? Just doesnt make sense. Cheers for the sup[port of a few people but over and out on the subject from me. Was interesting to see Newcastle got 9000 for Oxford at home in this period. If that doesnt illustrate the point then nothing will.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Sorry SSS but who gives a stuff about attendances anyway ? tickets sold is the only figure that matters, wether peeps can be bothered/otherwise indisposed is really immaterial, money taken is the only figure that counts absolutely NOTHING else, get over yourself.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Its wasting your breath. Some people just want to knock the club. Simster has an issue why Palace were getting similar but a little big bigger crowds in the lat 80's and early 90's. The fact that palace had Ian Wright playing for them, they finished 3rd in the top flight, and got to an FA Cup final might have had something to do with why more returned to palace than us, especially as we had a relegation to the 3rd division and our version of Ian Wright was er, Richard Tiltman and then Kevin Bremner! This says it all, and why the Albion can never win with some people. You will also see that none of the "never will fill Amex brigade" have yet to make the list of clubs who would get 30,000 for Fulham at home in a December championship relegation scrap. Why they are so negative about our support, I just don't know. The team I can understand but the support? Just doesnt make sense. Cheers for the sup[port of a few people but over and out on the subject from me. Was interesting to see Newcastle got 9000 for Oxford at home in this period. If that doesnt illustrate the point then nothing will.

I agree with everything you say except the game against Fulham is in November and not December

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Please get over yourself with this repeated suggestion about hordes of Fulham fans filling The Amex.

If there are more than 50 Fulham in amongst the 25,000 Albion fans then I'd be amazed - you'd certainly be doing well to "spot" them.
Err...the adjectives I've used in my posts to describe how many Fulham bought tickets in Brighton parts of the ground were 'some' and 'a few'. The ones I know did it because they live in Brighton and it looked like they wouldn't have got tickets through Fulham because of the club's allocation policy, not because they are at all interested in being involved in trouble.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here