Back in Sussex
Signed.

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 14.48.06.png

Good - fraid I didn't think Walton looked quite ready

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Casper will probably be playing tomorrow night as Walton will have to play for the U21s on Monday night. Josh White got a second yellow & red last Monday.

Josh Smith [he actually received a straight red, although he had been booked previously] - and punishments for non-first team matches don't take effect until 14 days after the offence, so he will be available on Monday (I'm sure that Harry Doherty will play when Smith is suspended anyway - Doherty was on the bench last Monday and was brought on when Smith was sent-off).

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
I know Walton has a lot of potential and had a good debut. But when you're sitting 21st in the table and without a win in around 11 games, surely we shouldn't be taking risks on Walton to do a job for a month. If we were comfortably mid-table, I would understand

Al Habsi is a very good keeper, do not see the issue.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sure, BUT if we go out and get a quality goalkeeper on loan, who would surely play/start, what was the point in giving Casper another year, especially when it looks like Stockdale will only miss one game?

Because at the time Ankergren got that deal, we didn't have.

Besides. I imagine Casper is fairly cheap, as Albion players' wages go.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I reckon Ali is not only the first OMANI Albion player, but also the first Albion player with FIFTEEN siblings :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon Ali is not only the first OMANI Albion player, but also the first Albion player with FIFTEEN siblings :thumbsup:

I'm going to stick my neck out here & say he's the first tights-wearing Omani-international and former firefighter with fifteen siblings to play for the Albion.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In goal.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Very good signing as short term cover for Stockdale's injury, nice to see the club quick off the mark for a change.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Stockdale is out for at least "3-4 weeks" says Sami

Boss Sami Hyypia told The Argus: "In training he (Stockdale) had a shot, he saved it and it bounced from the post onto the end of his finger. You never know when these things happen and you can't do much to prevent them.

"That's part of the business and you need to be able to cope with the situation. David said he would still like to play but there is too big a risk that it will be worse and then if he needs an operation we will miss him for three months. We can't take that kind of risk.

"He doesn't need an operation but the fracture is there so we decided to have a look if we could get somebody in while he is injured.

"Ali was available and I decided to take a good, experienced keeper for the time being.

"David will be three or four weeks at least and then we will assess the situation."
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11573120.Albion_clinch_Al_Habsi_to_replace_unlucky_Stockdale/

he said this about Walton

Christian Walton made an impressive debut in place of Stockdale in Wednesday's Capital One Cup exit at Spurs but Hyypia says an extended run would have been a "very different and more difficult situation" for the 18-year-old England under-20 international.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here