Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The OFFICIAL 2014 Ryder Cup thread***

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Awesome golf this morning. Europe lead 6.5, 5.5
Rose & Stenson won - 12 under betterball for 16 holes.
Westwood & Donaldson lost - Furyk and Mahan holed everything
Bjorn & Kaymer lost 5&3 having been 2 up early on - Speith and Reed were excellent
Final matched halved. Poulter not playing well, but came good at the end. Fowler was fantastic. Rory playing very well.

Stenson not playing this afternoon, which may be a mistake. Rose playing with Kaymer. Garcia out with McIlroy, so I hope Garcia has learnt to hit the ball straight this morning. Going to be a very interesting afternoon's golf

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Europe 10 USA 6.

Foursomes won 3.5 to .5. Rose and Kaymer grabbing a half on the last. McDowell and Dubuisson stuffed Walker and Fowler 5&4, McIroy and Garcia finally won a point and Westwood and Donaldson beat Johnson and Kuchar 2&1. Great stuff.

What was the score at Medinah after day 2? 10-6 to them. Ooeer. Still a long way to go. Great day ahead tomorrow

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant from the Europeans this afternoon. Singles matchups look ok to me.

GMac v Spieth,
Stenson v Reed,
McIlroy v Fowler
Rose v Mahan
Gallacher vs Phil
Kaymer vs Watson
Bjorn vs Kuchar
Sergio vs Furyk
Poulter vs Simpson
Donaldson vs Bradley
Westwood vs Walker
Victor vs Zach

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Brilliant from the Europeans this afternoon. Singles matchups look ok to me.

GMac v Spieth,
Stenson v Reed,
McIlroy v Fowler
Rose v Mahan
Gallacher vs Phil
Kaymer vs Watson
Bjorn vs Kuchar
Sergio vs Furyk
Poulter vs Simpson
Donaldson vs Bradley
Westwood vs Walker
Victor vs Zach

Yup, looks alright. McIlroy just had to be drawn against Fowler! Some good games there - should be excellent.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Watson's made some massive errors - Speith and Reed yesterday, Mickelson and Bradley today...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hope that dumb Yank shouting crap at the tee shots is barred for tomorrow.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I hope we can keep it all together today, and wrap it up sooner rather than later. After our comeback two years ago, the yanks know it can be done, but I feel their collective will has been knocked, and they will fold (hopefully!) :)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Would not be at all surprised if Europe win 4 of the top 5 matches. The one on the European team who looked shot yesterday afternoon was Justin Rose, but hopefully a good nights sleep will sort that out. Am looking forward to seeing how Patrick Reed gets on, as he was mentally blown yesterday afternoon particularly after his Craig Stadler moment. McIlroy v Fowler should be a great match and I am also looking forward to watching Victor as he has been mightily impressive so far. Gallacher will beat Phil and Poulter, who has been poor so far, will be pleased with his draw as Simpson was awful on Day 1.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That French guy has really been in the Zone for us, played some stunning golf.

Factor in our four senior players on top of their game I predict abject humiliation for Team USA.

Nick007007

Sep 9, 2014
Hi!

I suppose that some of you are recording this year's Ryder Cup, in order to watch it in the next few days or for other reasons.

If you are recording UK's coverage, I would be grateful if you could make a DVD copy of the complete 3 days' play for me and send it. I know it would mean an effort but I'm ready to be really, really generous if you do me this favor, I am kind of desperate at this point.

It's not as difficult as it may look, it's pretty easy really. And there's nothing wrong with it, since in the own website of the TV channel they explain how to do it if you are a subscriber (I have proof of that, that's why I know it's easy to do).

Honestly, this is very important for me. If you don't mind helping me, please contact by private message.

Thanks!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi!

I suppose that some of you are recording this year's Ryder Cup, in order to watch it in the next few days or for other reasons.

If you are recording UK's coverage, I would be grateful if you could make a DVD copy of the complete 3 days' play for me and send it. I know it would mean an effort but I'm ready to be really, really generous if you do me this favor, I am kind of desperate at this point.

It's not as difficult as it may look, it's pretty easy really. And there's nothing wrong with it, since in the own website of the TV channel they explain how to do it if you are a subscriber (I have proof of that, that's why I know it's easy to do).

Honestly, this is very important for me. If you don't mind helping me, please contact by private message.

Thanks!
:fishing:

This can't be a genuine post.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That interview with Rose - The bloke definitely has something about him, I think he totally gets it and he's completely in the zone. That's a nailed on point for us.

*edit* How good would it be watching on that first hole at the moment - totally buzzing!!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Bubba has to by my favorite golfer - the way he just steps up on the tee and wants as much noise as possible then hits a monster straight down the center! The fact he just picked up a club when we was younger and not fed golf prior to walking (a la Tiger) just shows that there can be hope even for the hackiest golfer like myself! Pure emotion from him all the time!

Anyway after my Bubba love fest I hope we stick it up em this afternoon with Europe winning by at least 6

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Rory is ripping Rickieeeee a new arse here, an awesome start. Some great golf going on already, should be a brilliant afternoons viewing, if Sky don't cock it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here