Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The OFFICIAL 2014 Ryder Cup thread***

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
First 2 matches won by Europe.
Garcia/McIlroy losing again. They way Garcia is playing, he will not get a game at all tomorrow.
McDowell and Dubuisson 3 up

Not with Dubuisson and Jamie Donaldson playing so well on debut. Rose playing well, Stenson solid, Westward as well.

Got to say, McIlroy / Garcia is an odd pairing. Both are what I would call attacking flair players, where it can go wrong. I realise Rory can't go with McDowell now, but they worked as one was steady and calm. Rory and Garcia just seemed to feed off each others ability to crack at the wrong moment.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not with Dubuisson and Jamie Donaldson playing so well on debut. Rose playing well, Stenson solid, Westward as well.

Got to say, McIlroy / Garcia is an odd pairing. Both are what I would call attacking flair players, where it can go wrong. I realise Rory can't go with McDowell now, but they worked as one was steady and calm. Rory and Garcia just seemed to feed off each others ability to crack at the wrong moment.

Apparently they asked to play together and McGinley was originally dubious that it would work. Should have stuck with his gut instinct. At least they scraped a half and Garcia actually hit 1 good shot when it mattered.Still drop him tomorrow though.

I would also put Poulter out with McIlroy in the fourballs and with Kaymer tomorrow in the foursomes. I would play Westwood and Donaldson in both formats. Kaymer and Bjorn in the fourballs and McDowell and Dubuisson in the foursomes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant from McIlroy and Garcia - definitely half a point won rather than half a point lost. Lucky break off the tree on 18 followed by a sensational rescue wood. Fabulous stuff to watch.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Apparently they asked to play together and McGinley was originally dubious that it would work. Should have stuck with his gut instinct. At least they scraped a half and Garcia actually hit 1 good shot when it mattered.Still drop him tomorrow though.

I would also put Poulter out with McIlroy in the fourballs and with Kaymer tomorrow in the foursomes. I would play Westwood and Donaldson in both formats. Kaymer and Bjorn in the fourballs and McDowell and Dubuisson in the foursomes.

Changed my mind - McIlroy and Dubuisson 4balls, McIlroy and Kaymer 4somes.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Massive in Glasgow today. They have a fan zone in merchant city and loads of the pubs are chocker. Loads of yanks in the curlers in Byers road who have just come back, fantastic atmosphere.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unless 'leftie' Phil sorts himself out overnight this maybe a pasting in the offer.

All the younger players in the USA team will look to him for inspiration.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Saturday pairings announced. No Garcia, no Phil & Bradley:

Rose & Stenson
07:35
Watson & Kuchar
Donaldson & Westwood
07:50
Furyk & Mahan
Bjorn & Kaymer
08:05