Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Scotland votes yes, should Cameron resign ?

If Scotland votes for independence, should Cameron resign?

• Yes

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 100 54.1%
  • Who is this Cameron of whom you speak ?

Votes: 15 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
it was just an excuse to link to that great website. i'd prefer to trust the word of woodlands junior than some stuffy dictionary.

So you're wrong (again). By the way you still haven't answered Machiavelli's question in the Labour 7 points thread.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
None of them will resign, same old crap in their opinion it will not be their fault.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Actually yes, he should resign. The first and foremost responsibility of her Majesty's government is the preservation of the Union. If he has any honour at all, he has no choice but to offer his resignation.

Surely the first and foremost responsibility of Her Majesty`s Government is (as a body of ministers) the management of National Affairs.The preservation of The Union is only a part of the cog.A size worthy amount of people north of the border do not believe the preservation is in their national interest.

If Scotland leaves the only people to blame will be the people that voted for it and those that have instilled in the Scot psyche over many years that independence is a possibility.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't really get why her Maj won't state an opinion, surely that's her job - unless she wants them to go. Her Balmoral holidays will be foreign trips if they leave.

foreign holidays eh........that makes me wonder,if the jocks leave,they wont be part of the EU......would duty free shopping be on the cards?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't really get why her Maj won't state an opinion.

I do not think it will be appropriate for the monach to call Cameron a slimy selfish ****.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't really get why her Maj won't state an opinion, surely that's her job - unless she wants them to go. Her Balmoral holidays will be foreign trips if they leave.

The monarch is a non-political role hence why she won't and in reality can't voice an opinion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So you're wrong (again). By the way you still haven't answered Machiavelli's question in the Labour 7 points thread.

tell that to the good people at Woodlands. "broadly synonymous" doesnt mean "the same". and what question, are you stalking me? im not sure if i should be flattered or not. (thats rhetorical btw, dont care to spark off cross thread discussions.)

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'd vote for him again if they left. At least that will shut the likes of Celtic and Rangers up about joining the PFL. Build up Hadrians wall and patrol the borders. I gave up Scotch years ago, so they won't be missed by me.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The monarch is a non-political role hence why she won't and in reality can't voice an opinion.

I'm sure that's what they say, but I don't think this is a political issue, it's about keeping her domain in tact, she must have an opinion on that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Any PM who saw the break up of the UK on his watch has lost his moral authority. Cameron rejected devo max on the ballot paper which would have killed off the independence vote significantly, has failed to present any real benefits of the union to voters in Scotland and shown his usual combination of arrogance and ineptitude during the whole debate. His errand boy and Millidee have both been pathetic as well but they are not the alleged leaders of the UK.

And if they vote no?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I believe Cameron is good "Chairman Of The Board"-type, great in a coalition situation and bringing people together, but step outside that and his one-on-one negotiating / haggling skills are mediocre at best.

Whipped by Clegg in the 2010 Party Leader debates, whipped by Salmond in the Scottish Referendum framework agreement of 2012, whipped by EU leaders in the EU Commissioner Juncker fiasco, some flaky foreign policy in the Middle East. If Tony Blair or David Miliband had been leading the Labour Party - rather than Red Ed The Buffoon - he'd also have been sorely challenged in PMQ's. As it is he's had a relatively easy ride.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If the logic is that Cameron should resign because he supported "No" and the Scots vote yes.... then everyone who backed the No campaign has to resign from their job too! Is that how it works?

SAC

May 21, 2014
If the Scotch vote yes then Cameron should resign (but he wont)
If the Scotch vote no then Salmon should resign (but be wont)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed Milliband will be PM next May anyway, God help us

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cameron is just the front man for the gang of businessmen who are now running the UK. They just trot out the same tired line that Labour caused the ( Worldwide ) economic collapse and that we are "all in it together " but, if we want to " work hard and get on " then the Tories will help us do it. Unfortunately,for most of us, this involves working harder for less money and less public services while the rich get richer and small businessmen can exploit a rich pool of cheap labour.

We are stuck with Cameron because he is the acceptable face of conservatism ( i.e. he is just acceptable to the Tory grandees) but he is no politician, he is just a bland PR who can front up and take the blows defending the Governments cut cut cut agenda. He can't be blamed for " losing " Scotland as he has no coherant policy anyway. In fact he seems to have no coherant policy on anything as he is not a conviction politician driven with the desire or the policies to change Britain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here