Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Scotland votes yes, should Cameron resign ?

If Scotland votes for independence, should Cameron resign?

• Yes

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 100 54.1%
  • Who is this Cameron of whom you speak ?

Votes: 15 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As the leader of the (clearly failed) Conservative and Unionist (there's a Clue there) Party then he must surely go?

If I was him I would quit ASAP if only because the next tete-a-tete with Her Majesty after the Big Day is likely to be a bit frosty? :lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Without doubt. His weak leadership will have led to the break up and weakening of Great Britain.

It's all Labour MPs heading the better together campaign. Milliband has would have to go to.

But you're right, CMD should go.

the timing if the referendum, the wording of the question, 16 year old voting. All mistakes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As with Westdene it helps to get your facts right before making ad hominem comments.

Apologies for not snooping on your voting habits in the past. Somewhat remiss of me.

I make no apology for the sentiment though - your politics have always been clear and this poll just drums to that same old cliched beat.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Labour let the genie out of the bottle by giving Scotland it's own parliament. The Tories said at the time that it would eventually lead to the break up the union, and I think this is correct - if not this time then the next time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The Tories have always been hated north of the border. The real failing is Labour's.

Exactly, but some on here just can't see that. They have such blinkered views.

If it's a yes, CMD and Ed would both have to go, we have an Election coming up which raises all sorts of questions.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Get your facts right. I have not voted Labour in a General Election since the Blair launched his illegal war.

OK, replace Labour with "left wingers" then - the point is still the same.

Dandyman

In London village.
The Tories have always been hated north of the border. The real failing is Labour's.

In 2010 412,855 voters in Scotland voted Tory and 465,471 voted Lib Dem.

The failure is 35 years of right-wing governments which has ironically given the yes campaign the credibility to claim to represent the values that our grand-parents won in the post-1945 settlement. Cameron is too arrogant and incompetent to even comprehend that.

Dandyman

In London village.
OK, replace Labour with "left wingers" then - the point is still the same.

Left-wingers are split on the vote. A significant number back independence for Scotland.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yet a few years ago they had the most MP's in Scotland so how did that work out ?

Disillusionment and disgust with all of the mainstream parties due to things like the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq under Labour's watch, MP expenses scandal etc etc. People like the way the wealth appears to be distributed much more fairly under an SNP-led Scottish Parliament. People want more of the same. Why would they not?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Left-wingers are split on the vote. A significant number back independence for Scotland.

My point was you're a left winger so you're bound to attack a Tory PM even with a rather tenuous argument.

Dandyman

In London village.
Apologies for not snooping on your voting habits in the past. Somewhat remiss of me.

I make no apology for the sentiment though - your politics have always been clear and this poll just drums to that same old cliched beat.

I am delighted that my politics are clear.

Do you seriously think that a PM that screwed up a vote that a year ago most people thought was a certain no vote has any real credibility as a leader ?

Dandyman

In London village.
My point was you're a left winger so you're bound to attack a Tory PM even with a rather tenuous argument.

I'd attack any PM who displayed the same degree of incompetence and self-regard.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I am delighted that my politics are clear.

Do you seriously think that a PM that screwed up a vote that a year ago most people thought was a certain no vote has any real credibility as a leader ?

How the hell has HE 'screwed' it up ? You seem to conveniently forget that this is democracy at work.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
No, none of the jocks vote for the Tory' anyway so in a way he has been extremely clever and made sure his party will always rule the remainder of the UK , as labour would have lost their strongholds in Scotland

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
Matters not who is in charge anymore. The sad fact is that there has been hardly any difference between Labour and the Tories since Tony Blair came to power in 1997. Scotland will vote to leave the union and then I think voters in England and Wales will see both major parties for what they really are and a polictical earthquake will happen with both the major parties taking heavy hits. It is really sad when all 3 leaders of the main parties in this country are rich upper class men with no working class roots. Labour in my view needs to go back to its core and have a leader from the working classes with real Labour blood in their veins.If this was the case in the present than Scotland would of stayed in the union.Its all very sad

Dandyman

In London village.
How the hell has HE 'screwed' it up ? You seem to conveniently forget that this is democracy at work.

We have gone from a situation where No was miles ahead in any opinion poll to one where the two camps are neck and neck with yes making the running.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Without doubt. His weak leadership will have led to the break up and weakening of Great Britain.
Milliband must be quaking. Yes vote would make it harder for labour to achieve power,what with all their Scottish MPs in parliament. So if anyone is going to be weaker it will be milliband.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Disillusionment and disgust with all of the mainstream parties due to things like the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq under Labour's watch, MP expenses scandal etc etc. People like the way the wealth appears to be distributed much more fairly under an SNP-led Scottish Parliament. People want more of the same. Why would they not?

I'm talking about the Tories, they were the biggest party in Scotland and then got wiped out in 97 with the likes of Rifkind etc losing their seats and they've never looked like getting back ever since

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here