Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Educating the East End

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So you think I feel like this because of a lack of success? So maybe you are the one generalising and making assumptions, whereas the things I say are based on what I have seen or know. Whether you believe me or not I am more than comfortable, maybe by more luck than judgment but there you have it.

"a quiet Pakistani family" This to me says everything about your argument, insofar as you know f#$k all. There is not one Pakistani family, the white British population there is 16%, yes 16%. Now that may not be a problem for a loudmouthed middle class ponce who lives in Sussex, but for someone who has lived in that area all their lives to see it change so vastly, is not a nice feeling.

I have two thoughts about the Krays. 1, I was not around then but I know they were not the types to sell drugs to kids or burgle your house. 2, The more I read and learn about them and members of the establishment/pop singers etc and young boys I hope they rot and I mean rot in hell. Genuinely.
You seem to think I am racist but I really am not. Indeed what I said about my girlfriend and my friends is the truth. I used to be a drum and bass mc and went out all over the place mc'ing and played out at all the big events, the only reason I stopped is I started earning more in my business and having to drive to Bristol, Hastings or Manchester does not mix well with that. You do not become involved in that scene if you are racist, the last wedding I went to I was the only white man there. The rest were all Jamaican or mixed race. I regularly used to go to reggae/dancehall clubs and events etc but you and the other **** have the cheek to tell me I am prejudiced. One lives in Sussex and the other in Australia lol.
Let me ask ALL OF YOU a genuine question, imagine if tomorrow Brighton became a place where only 16-40% of the population were white British. Where if you get on a bus, you are the only British person on there. Where your child is a minority in school, I could go on about the changes but as you pop into London four times a week you know more than me. Its not about being prejudiced or racist, its only having people who want to mix with us here, if you want to keep to your own communities and speak your own languages, have your own laws and critiscise how we do things, then quite simply **** off back where you came from.
You are the ignorant one not me. If you think it is only the white British people nsaying about this you are wrong, there are black British people who have been here years who have lots to say on the subject.
Anyway I have spent to long writing about this and its getting nowhere.

You live in Haywards Heath.

Edit: no you don't. That's Bushy. You're rhetoric is so similar I got myself into a funkle.
As a heads up, you may get less of a hard time if you didn't spend all your time on a rival's board stirring up binfests.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is this thread about the problems faced by those in education dealing with adolescents?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"a quiet Pakistani family" This to me says everything about your argument, insofar as you know f#$k all. There is not one Pakistani family, the white British population there is 16%, yes 16%. Now that may not be a problem for a loudmouthed middle class ponce who lives in Sussex, but for someone who has lived in that area all their lives to see it change so vastly, is not a nice feeling.

You seem to think I am racist but I really am not. Indeed what I said about my girlfriend and my friends is the truth. I used to be a drum and bass mc and went out all over the place mc'ing and played out at all the big events, the only reason I stopped is I started earning more in my business and having to drive to Bristol, Hastings or Manchester does not mix well with that. You do not become involved in that scene if you are racist, the last wedding I went to I was the only white man there. The rest were all Jamaican or mixed race. I regularly used to go to reggae/dancehall clubs and events etc but you and the other **** have the cheek to tell me I am prejudiced. One lives in Sussex and the other in Australia lol.
Let me ask ALL OF YOU a genuine question, imagine if tomorrow Brighton became a place where only 16-40% of the population were white British. Where if you get on a bus, you are the only British person on there. Where your child is a minority in school, I could go on about the changes but as you pop into London four times a week you know more than me. Its not about being prejudiced or racist, its only having people who want to mix with us here, if you want to keep to your own communities and speak your own languages, have your own laws and critiscise how we do things, then quite simply **** off back where you came from.
You are the ignorant one not me. If you think it is only the white British people nsaying about this you are wrong, there are black British people who have been here years who have lots to say on the subject.
Anyway I have spent to long writing about this and its getting nowhere.

16% where? In Tower Hamlets in the 2011 census it was 45% In London 59.8%. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Borough_of_Tower_Hamlets

That's WHITE British. Do you consider your black mates from the DnB scene to be British? How about your GF? Are they a problem on the bus? I'm guessing not. So where / when do you stop being British? When you can't speak the language? Got any incorrect statistics on how many non English speakers there are in London?

I've BEEN the only white face on the bus. You missed that I lived in Asia for nearly 4 years. I loved it too. My kids class at school is 60% white British. Not as "bad" as London but not the leafy Sussex suburb you suppose. One of my son's projects last year was a trip to a Mosque. Literally none of this was an issue.

I haven't called you racist. I asked why a Pakistani family would be more intimidating than a White family like the Philpots for someone who was elderly. You haven't answered, all you've said is 'some of my best friends are black'.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
16% where? In Tower Hamlets in the 2011 census it was 45% In London 59.8%. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Borough_of_Tower_Hamlets

That's WHITE British. Do you consider your black mates from the DnB scene to be British? How about your GF? Are they a problem on the bus? I'm guessing not. So where / when do you stop being British? When you can't speak the language? Got any incorrect statistics on how many non English speakers there are in London?

I've BEEN the only white face on the bus. You missed that I lived in Asia for nearly 4 years. I loved it too. My kids class at school is 60% white British. Not as "bad" as London but not the leafy Sussex suburb you suppose. One of my son's projects last year was a trip to a Mosque. Literally none of this was an issue.

I haven't called you racist. I asked why a Pakistani family would be more intimidating than a White family like the Philpots for someone who was elderly. You haven't answered, all you've said is 'some of my best friends are black'.

Clearly a little Croydon black wannabe with his DJing and his little scene. Some black people are the most racist people you could meet, some of them pathologically hate Asians. So having black friends is no guarantee he's not a racist. I don't know of he's racist but he's clearly got race issues.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Clearly a little Croydon black wannabe with his DJing and his little scene. Some black people are the most racist people you could meet, some of them pathologically hate Asians. So having black friends is no guarantee he's not a racist. I don't know of he's racist but he's clearly got race issues.

Coming from someone who's been slamming others for racist viewpoints your comment comes across a little narrow minded in fact border line racist IMO.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

That's very insightful Nibble.

Care to educate us on any other skin colours?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Coming from someone who's been slamming others for racist viewpoints your comment comes across a little narrow minded in fact border line racist IMO.

I would just like your opinion CS. I worked with quite a few lads (2006) who had moved out of the Croydon area, i asked why and was informed it was because of the troubles and fighting (they had young kids) and i assumed it was fighting between the whites and blacks. I was told that the whites and blacks got on fairly well and it was the muslims and the blacks that did not get on with each other. Any substance in this view?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Edit: no you don't. That's Bushy. You're rhetoric is so similar I got myself into a funkle.
As a heads up, you may get less of a hard time if you didn't spend all your time on a rival's board stirring up binfests.

Blimey! Is a every thread going to have Nibble guessing who's who?

Nibble, you don't even like football and you use NSC as a platform to vent out, I think that's worst. How can you tell someone else what to do on here when you don't even like Brighton and Hove Albion?

Did you ever play football?

Last edited:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Are you seriously that stupid, I mean one minute you are calling me a racist the next I am a black wannabe. But let me put it another way, I mc'ed at events with thousands of people. I had invites to mc all over Europe, Canada and even Japan. My friends who still do it dj's/mc's, are amongst the most successful in drum and bass, so this wannabee did okay. Where as you FAILED as an actor which was your chosen profession, where as mc'ing was my hobby.
The only common ground on this thread is you are a bit of an idiot

Last edited:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

I was going by Newham's percentage, for some reason that's the area I was thinking of in my head.

yes I consider them British, if they were born here. I do not consider my girlfriend British as she comes the the planet loopy. As form on English speakers the amount of fecking interpreters that are made available at our expense imam guessing quite a few.

I AM TALKING ABOUT LONDON, NOT ASIA.

So your son visited a mosque andyou were happy with that and 40% of your sons school are not white British. Well aren't you the multicultural one.
Also when I said about the bus etc I was coming at it from the angle of an elderly person. I don't use buses, horrible things that take an age to get anywhere.
There is nothing wrong with having a Pakistani next door neighbour. But I am not talking about colour here or religion specifically. Neither am I talking abkut where someone is from. Though I do admit to finding some peoples nicer an mor civilised than others.I am talking about the whole thing. I do not see when I as an English person should feel a stranger in my own area where I was born and raised. If you think the only thing I have said is I have black mates then you are reading whatever you wish to read to be honest. Out of interest where do you work and live? Not addresses but area?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

:shootself

Attachments

• Failure.gif
    Failure.gif
    55.1 KB · Views: 87

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So your son visited a mosque andyou were happy with that and 40% of your sons school are not white British. Well aren't you the multicultural one.
Also when I said about the bus etc I was coming at it from the angle of an elderly person. I don't use buses, horrible things that take an age to get anywhere.
There is nothing wrong with having a Pakistani next door neighbour. But I am not talking about colour here or religion specifically. Neither am I talking abkut where someone is from. Though I do admit to finding some peoples nicer an mor civilised than others.I am talking about the whole thing. I do not see when I as an English person should feel a stranger in my own area where I was born and raised. If you think the only thing I have said is I have black mates then you are reading whatever you wish to read to be honest. Out of interest where do you work and live? Not addresses but area?

Area west of Brighton well known as a working class area. There are still a lot of local authority houses. You can imagine who gets them. And between Millwall fire station and Crossharbour DLR. Bushy has already been more specific anyway.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Area west of Brighton well known as a working class area. There are still a lot of local authority houses. You can imagine who gets them. And between Millwall fire station and Crossharbour DLR. Bushy has already been more specific anyway.

I knew it, isle of dogs. The money part or east London. Have you ever ventured further afield? Poplar? Bow? Not Bromley by Bow but actual Bow. Go for a walk around those areas one day and see if you still think it is wonderful. You see its different just visiting than it is actually having to live there. For example I like to have a walk round the west end, Trafalgar sq, Leicester sq, strand etc but I would absolutely hate to live in those areas.
You mention working on an estate in the isle of dogs, an estate in the isle of dogs is nothing like an estate in Hackney. Try walking around one of the estates in Clapton/Hackney and see how nice you think they are then.
Anyway you would not answer my question, how would you feel if Brighton/where you live wa as diverse as London.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I knew it, isle of dogs. The money part or east London. Have you ever ventured further afield? Poplar? Bow? Not Bromley by Bow but actual Bow. Go for a walk around those areas one day and see if you still think it is wonderful. You see its different just visiting than it is actually having to live there. For example I like to have a walk round the west end, Trafalgar sq, Leicester sq, strand etc but I would absolutely hate to live in those areas.
You mention working on an estate in the isle of dogs, an estate in the isle of dogs is nothing like an estate in Hackney. Try walking around one of the estates in Clapton/Hackney and see how nice you think they are then.
Anyway you would not answer my question, how would you feel if Brighton/where you live wa as diverse as London.

Are you and bushy not comparing notes? Tower Hamlets was exactly the place he quote as being the worst example.

Brighton not diverse? Are you mental? Everyone's welcome in Brighton. And having lived in multi cultral Sydney and been in a less than 1% minority in Tamil Nadu and Taipei I'd be fine with it being more diverse still.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Are you and bushy not comparing notes? Tower Hamlets was exactly the place he quote as being the worst example.

Brighton not diverse? Are you mental? Everyone's welcome in Brighton. And having lived in multi cultral Sydney and been in a less than 1% minority in Tamil Nadu and Taipei I'd be fine with it being more diverse still.

Depends where in tower hamlets, but now way is tower hamlets the worst borough. As for the diverse question and mental crack, Brighton is nothing like as diverse as London. Either I am mental or you are on the special brew, be careful its bad for you. Anyway I cannot really be bothered any further, you have as much knowledge of London as I have of Brighton. You are quick to jump on my prejudiced views but make not a passing comment when dibble goes one step further. All you remark on is about where you have lived and not actually about London. As for Bushys comments, his opinions are his own and many is the time I have had disagreements about London on here with him.
You carry in being an armchair expert in London and its peoples, oh wise one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Depends where in tower hamlets, but now way is tower hamlets the worst borough. As for the diverse question and mental crack, Brighton is nothing like as diverse as London. Either I am mental or you are on the special brew, be careful its bad for you. Anyway I cannot really be bothered any further, you have as much knowledge of London as I have of Brighton. You are quick to jump on my prejudiced views but make not a passing comment when dibble goes one step further. All you remark on is about where you have lived and not actually about London. As for Bushys comments, his opinions are his own and many is the time I have had disagreements about London on here with him.
You carry in being an armchair expert in London and its peoples, oh wise one.

:lolol:

Sums up the whole response to the thread. "You don't understand the real London" we're so often told. "The East End" is ALL like Africa and various muslim countries we're told. Then a TV documentary comes on and shows that, actually, all of it isn't.

Yes I put in a one liner about immigration to attract the usual suspects and you haven't disappointed but the contradictions since have been brilliant. "Ah but that's not the real East End" you tell us. I point out I work in the real East End, even by bushy's definition. One of you queries my route to work and the other responds to the point there are plenty of white faces around by saying OF COURSE there are - the same one who made the Africa comparison on another thread. Having dismissed another poster who dared to suggest the issues in East London might be down to poverty you then hit back with the claim that ALL of the Isle of Dogs is moneyed. Is poverty the issue or not?

I'm as confused as I am by your games of postcode bingo, who's got the most black mates and the fact you know for certain how people on buses feel even though you never travel on them. All from leafy Surrey and West Sussex. Brilliant.

Who's turn is it to expose these chumps next week?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would just like your opinion CS. I worked with quite a few lads (2006) who had moved out of the Croydon area, i asked why and was informed it was because of the troubles and fighting (they had young kids) and i assumed it was fighting between the whites and blacks. I was told that the whites and blacks got on fairly well and it was the muslims and the blacks that did not get on with each other. Any substance in this view?

I used to live in an area like this, but I had to move out in the end, as it got too much for me. When the Muslims and blacks started fighting, I thought this is okay it has nothing to do with a nice white middle class guy like me, but once the black Muslims started on themselves, well you wouldn't believe the mess they made, I might be an old liberal, but there is only so much you can take.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
:lolol:

Sums up the whole response to the thread. "You don't understand the real London" we're so often told. "The East End" is ALL like Africa and various muslim countries we're told. Then a TV documentary comes on and shows that, actually, all of it isn't.

Yes I put in a one liner about immigration to attract the usual suspects and you haven't disappointed but the contradictions since have been brilliant. "Ah but that's not the real East End" you tell us. I point out I work in the real East End, even by bushy's definition. One of you queries my route to work and the other responds to the point there are plenty of white faces around by saying OF COURSE there are - the same one who made the Africa comparison on another thread. Having dismissed another poster who dared to suggest the issues in East London might be down to poverty you then hit back with the claim that ALL of the Isle of Dogs is moneyed. Is poverty the issue or not?

I'm as confused as I am by your games of postcode bingo, who's got the most black mates and the fact you know for certain how people on buses feel even though you never travel on them. All from leafy Surrey and West Sussex. Brilliant.

Who's turn is it to expose these chumps next week?

You wanted this thread to exist, which is why you started it. You in your deluded state cannot tell me that the isle of dogs is not a wealthy area.
I am not saying about the real east end, I am saying you have a romantic skewed view of London. I told you to have a walk around the places I have mentioned and you have came back with utter crap, even quoting things I have not actually said and No nowadays I do not get on buses but I used to. The reason I said about my friends was to show dibble that I am not a racist, it then turns out he is the closet racist.
As for the chump bit, carry on son.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here