Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Brighton have a football hooligan firm

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not exactly 'firm' related, but the match at Chesterfield sticks in my mind, as it was pretty funny as well. I think we had 8000 at the match, as we would be promoted as champions, if we won. We drew.
People started going onto the pitch, and I think the the police thought people were off to congratulate the players. and didnt realise their mistake until quite a few had passed the players and were on their way to the Chesterfield home end. Chesterfield fans were fighting each other trying to get out of the stand.

Jan 30, 2008
If I remember rightly ,they put on a special train from Clapham that day?
yes mate ,OB were struggling to control the situation when around 300 Brighton emerged from Thornton heath station from clapham, MOUNTED POLICE WERE WAITING ,Palace by all accounts were down at the D.O.C but had been moved on before Brighton arrived
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
not exactly 'firm' related, but the match at chesterfield sticks in my mind, as it was pretty funny as well. I think we had 8000 at the match, as we would be promoted as champions, if we won. We drew.
People started going onto the pitch, and i think the the police thought people were off to congratulate the players. And didnt realise their mistake until quite a few had passed the players and were on their way to the chesterfield home end. Chesterfield fans were fighting each other trying to get out of the stand.
but returned with bits of wood :D
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
that's what i thought, was last season , early start :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Did you go to that one? (Forest)

Found this just now.

image.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
yeah seen it ,claims to be some WSF ,you tell me :shrug: went to Cambridge around that time can't remember to much apart from Brighton mob roaming around before the game and a few Cambridge following Brighton back to the station afterwards where they had a bit of a go
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
yeah seen it ,claims to be some WSF ,you tell me :shrug: went to Cambridge around that time can't remember to much apart from Brighton mob roaming around before the game and a few Cambridge following Brighton back to the station afterwards where they had a bit of a go
regards
DR

Hard to tell from that photo which is over 30 years old, third left looks very familiar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here