Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Adrian Colunga Signs Two Year Deal (Update)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Seen him play a few times he's technically very very good and will suit our current system well, not sure where this would leave CMS but he's a very good player.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
The bench.

On yesterday's performance I think CMS would retain his place. Very difficult to drop him. Unless Colunga is considerably better and match sharp. If and when his performances and goals dry up. Then he'll get his chance. I'd pick whoever is in form.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This and 'another' might leave competition for the bench let alone the actual starting 11 ...when everyone is fit and available

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Goodbye yqt go bien.jugador quality but super irregular.su step x geta in performance-salary by authentic fracaso.ahora wait q xq ATU movement makes this year do not really understand their movements became interested in victor perez water. I became interested in water also have been brave two very buenos.queria reinforcements fire javi given q valencia pay the entire tab tambien.gimenez water to q agua.lucas vazquez has not placed water dog leon tambien.ahora expect q about the matter already told you a few days ago there are two options x front d the other one is known the other can not have won half the salary for front q periodistaa.ahora know are interested in the assignment d a young forward with little or nimguna experience first and also in a front d Never experienced but has played espña.tambien has shown interest in the situation d x d midfield player q his team looking greeting cesion.un and winning today.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yep spot on...Our style isn't about a big man scoring from headers,its similar to arsenal and about playing through sides....Goals will be shared throughout the side as we have an abundance of attacking players available,all this big striker stuff is nonsense.

Looks good this chap :)

Add another to the 'Not getting an Ulloa type' replacement. Good though he was, we are now going for a different style.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like the sound of him. I was at that game we played against Getafe, but it is too long ago for me to remember much from. His two-footedness in them there clips posted bring me hope, as perhaps misguidedly did the comment on his Wikipedia profile saying that Guillem Ballague described Colunga as being similar to David Villa, who i've admired for an age and loved the naturally finishingness of from any angle. Glad to have options where we seemed to have not.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The one that mentions Cardiff city, basically translates too :

Info http://UK.footrends.com/top/Younes+belhanda: El Getafe trading by Juan Cala El Getafe is very focused on the incorporation of a new Defender. With the departure of Lisandro López, the azulones have just six defenses for four positions, so any incorporation more seems indispensable. As well, according to sources close to the club, locals would be very interested in signing the former sevillista Juan Cala (24 years), who already were close to signing last year. The Spanish footballer currently campaigning in the Cardiff City team that just go down despite its great economic investment of the last campaign. This could unlock the operation and bring back to Spain from Seville. Although the negotiations are quite advanced, it is still early to ensure nothing. The last course, fullback played a total of 27 games between Sevilla and the Welsh Assembly, in which he scored 3 goals.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Worked on that comment translation a bit, it's mostly about replacing him, this was about the player himself:

"Goodbye and q t go well. quality player but super irregular. passing x geta in performance-pay a real failure."

Hopefully by "irregular" he means that the gaffa didn't use him enough.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Worked on that comment translation a bit, it's mostly about replacing him, this was about the player himself:

"Goodbye and q t go well. quality player but super irregular. passing x geta in performance-pay a real failure."

Hopefully by "irregular" he means that the gaffa didn't use him enough.

Maybe it means he need more roughage in his diet!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Add another to the 'Not getting an Ulloa type' replacement. Good though he was, we are now going for a different style.

Although if he comes , and its not been fully confirmed yet, its likely the club will sign one more striker...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
On yesterday's performance I think CMS would retain his place. Very difficult to drop him. Unless Colunga is considerably better and match sharp. If and when his performances and goals dry up. Then he'll get his chance. I'd pick whoever is in form.

I didn't think he was great yesterday. As my mate said, for every two decent touches which threaten the opposition theres 3 that bounce straight off him. Positionally he was better but he'll be dropped for the new guy after Charlton I think. I'm hoping with this new bloke we'll have more shots on goal.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I didn't think he was great yesterday. As my mate said, for every two decent touches which threaten the opposition theres 3 that bounce straight off him. Positionally he was better but he'll be dropped for the new guy after Charlton I think. I'm hoping with this new bloke we'll have more shots on goal.

I might agree, but when you factor in the incredible shot in the first half which was incredibly saved, and the overhead kick which was a whisker wide of being perfection, I kind of feel if your striker is doing those things he's a pretty big asset. & that's without considering his work rate and example to his team mates. His poor touch can be frustrating at times, but for me he more than makes up for it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Adrián Colunga! :albion2:
ImageProxy.mvc

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I might agree, but when you factor in the incredible shot in the first half which was incredibly saved, and the overhead kick which was a whisker wide of being perfection, I kind of feel if your striker is doing those things he's a pretty big asset. & that's without considering his work rate and example to his team mates. His poor touch can be frustrating at times, but for me he more than makes up for it.

He was very unlucky not to score with that great shot, but the overhead kick was well wide. Don't et me wrong, he played well - probably the best we've seen him for years and I applauded him - but his position I believe needs a more technically skilled player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here