Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Islamic State British Fighters: Should they have their passports revoked?

Islamic State British fighters.... Should they have there passports revoked ?

• Total voters

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I find it troubling that many people cannot make the link between recent acts of terror by Muslims - and the recent acts of terror by Western states on Muslim countries.

making the link and treating them as moral equivalents are two different things

Being an ex serving soldier I stand by my decision, do you really want in 5 - 10 years time a state where there is armed forces on the street because police can not handle situation? Wipe them out at the source.

You also have to remember that they will have been taught how to smuggle weapons and military grade explosives into the country, also the threat of having I.e.d.s on English roads, does that not bother you at all?

But thats not a solution, there'll be thousands to replace the ones we kill. Its an ever decreasing circle, violence will ALWAYS descend into more violence, where does it stop? Once we've killed all the muslims? When there are only moderate muslims left, until they have children that could become extremists. Your plan is pathetic and short sighted and will only end up with more hatred toward the west!

Last edited:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
But thats not a solution, there'll be thousands to replace the ones we kill. Its an ever decreasing circle, violence will ALWAYS descend into more violence, where does it stop? Once we've killed all the muslims? When there are only moderate muslims left, until they have children that could become extremists. Your plan is pathetic and short sighted and will only end up with more hatred toward the west!

We'll having seen this type of thing up close, when it hits our streets, I'll leave you and the other thousands of happy clappers to clean it up. Then we will see how much you change your tune.

The Middle East has never had the chance to solve its own problems. We need to stop trying to police the region, we need to let it ride out its issues and find its feet then accept what ever future it chooses. The less we involve ourselves, the less there will be hatred toward us.

We humans never seem to learn from history, the last 60 odd years of problems (only the tip of the iceberg), from the US Backed 1949 Syrian Coup to now have solely been the result of western intervention on how we feel the region SHOULD be governed, it clearly hasn't worked and has been biting us on the arse!

Most western countries have had revolutions and civil wars in their past and without foreign intervention have had relative stability for a long time. How about we let the Middle East do that?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

why then there are the Catholics or the Protestants and then all the homosexuals, the coloured minorities, oh and I don't like the Japanese maybe I should move them up the list

where exactly does it end?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The Middle East has never had the chance to solve its own problems. We need to stop trying to police the region, we need to let it ride out its issues and find its feet then accept what ever future it chooses. The less we involve ourselves, the less there will be hatred toward us.

We humans never seem to learn from history, the last 60 odd years of problems (only the tip of the iceberg), from the US Backed 1949 Syrian Coup to now have solely been the result of western intervention on how we feel the region SHOULD be governed, it clearly hasn't worked and has been biting us on the arse!

Most western countries have had revolutions and civil wars in their past and without foreign intervention have had relative stability for a long time. How about we let the Middle East do that?

Lots of this I agree with, but when it comes down to some type of holy war which they have been Inbred to believe right, peace is and never will be an option.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
How is it any business of the government what people get up to on holiday ?

It's illegal to go and fight abroad. And Parliament is all powerful, so they can do what they like. I hope all the *******s die out there.

We'll having seen this type of thing up close, when it hits our streets, I'll leave you and the other thousands of happy clappers to clean it up. Then we will see how much you change your tune.

I guess the term 'Happy Clapper' is supposed to be a derogatory? :tosser: I'll take that, I guess it means someone who doesn't desire violence as a solution, who push for talking, someone who learns from past mistakes and values preservation of all human life over taking it. I fail to see how this is a bad thing? You're not helping end the cycle of violence, is that not a better goal?

If thats how the military refers to us, then thats a real shame. Playing up to their stereotype.

You're sure there is going to be some kind of race war aren't you? I can tell you, where I live (North West Hackney) the large Muslim population seem pretty calm at the moment. The mosque I work next to seems pretty laid back. But maybe it all a ruse and its full of guns and explosives and when we least expect it they will attack!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

A certain thing called "OIL" pal :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's important to judge the situation rather than turning it into a moral problem. The facts are the West has essentially waged war on Muslim people -

Utter Utter rubbish.

This is the default stance of every apologist currently out there.It is total bollocks and you should be ashamed of yourself for peddling this filth.

The West has waged war on EXTREMIST Islam NOT muslim people. There is a fundamental difference. Stop being one of the freaks of groups like the UAF who simply add to this serious problem by being thick as pigdung and try to guilt shag people onto thinking they are somehow racially repugnant for hating murderous religious freaks.

you people get on my tits!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Utter Utter rubbish.

This is the default stance of every apologist currently out there.It is total bollocks and you should be ashamed of yourself for peddling this filth.

The West has waged war on EXTREMIST Islam NOT muslim people. There is a fundamental difference. Stop being one of the freaks of groups like the UAF who simply add to this serious problem by being thick as pigdung and try to guilt shag people onto thinking they are somehow racially repugnant for hating murderous religious freaks.

you people get on my tits!

It had to be said. Cue the apologists bringing up our bad behaviour centuries ago.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Perhaps you are naive or you have the head in the sand - but it's pretty clear the motives of those Western actions had nothing to do with waging war on extremism - they were imperialist actions for personal gain under the guise of "spreading peace and democracy"

or as you just said

the facts are the West has essentially waged war on Muslim people -

which is it?

an imperialist war for personal gain? or a racial war against muslims?

the drivel you spout has confused you so much you cant even make up your own mind

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
really ISIS aren't interested in war here. they are quite busy with establishing their caliphate in Syrian/Iraqi. all this focus on a few dozen British born Muslims going out there is just fear mongering. there is *nothing* to suggest at this time that there is any direct threat to the streets of England.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Starting a war in Iraq to counter extremism? Supporting the terrorists in Syria to counter extremism? Sanctioning of Iran to counter extremism? Removing the secular leaders in North Africa to counter extremism? The list goes on.

The one action the West has done to fight extremism was arguably the war in Afghanistan against the Taliban - all of the actions I've listed above has created countless more extremists.

Perhaps you are naive or you have the head in the sand - but it's pretty clear the motives of those Western actions had nothing to do with waging war on extremism - they were imperialist actions for personal gain under the guise of "spreading peace and democracy"

This
Terrorism and the religion of Islam too often get confused by idiots

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The international outcry over the brutal beheading of innocent journalist James Foley underlines the shameful failure of the United States and Britain to take action over the Islamic State (IS) threat.

It should be no surprise at all that a British Muslim is likely to be responsible for the murder, as several hundred home-grown terrorists have already jumped onto planes, with their UK passports ready to shed blood in Syria and Iraq.

Those on the left, who have spent years defending Islamic extremism in Britain, labelling anyone who has raised concerns about it as bigoted, have been finally proved wrong. Our country does indeed have a very serious problem with Islamic extremism.
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/5178/uk_failure_on_islamism_and_james_foley_s_murder

Who on the left have spent years defending 'extremism'?

What is the point of posting a far right racist propaganda website. Adds nothing to the discussion.

Go back another 20 years and are you suggesting we should have left Hitler to it?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Who on the left have spent years defending 'extremism'?

What is the point of posting a far right racist propaganda website. Adds nothing to the discussion.

Ok, you keep reading the Guardian eh, what does that add....left wing garbage imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here